Pistol Brace ruling from ATF released.

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Pistol Brace ruling from ATF released.

Post by kenpoprofessor »

sonofbp wrote: January 25th, 2023, 2:54 am They say what makes it a rifle are the type of optic, length of pull, surface area of the brace/receiver extension, and other things. They refuse to define what any of those things are so they cannot be complied with. They don't want the ability to comply in a way they don't like as was done with the 94 AWB.
I'm going to take a free sbr on something I was planning on doing anyways but just that one, hopefully this s*** gets destroyed in the courts and preferably the nfa as a whole... this vague and capricious "redefining" of things already defined in stature needs to stop.
The non-compliance on this is going to be way more widespread than the much less widely owned bumpstocks.

How do you know they won't say the brace has to stay, you can't put a stock on it, even if you registered it as an SBR. They'll have pictures, and it must stay in that configuration I'm betting.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Since the ATF published the rule in the Federal Registry for the required 90-day public comment period, then literally changed the entire rule at the last minute, tells me they will do whatever they damn well please. Unless congress or the courts stop them, you can't count on anything they say, write, or even publish.

The 2 or 3 field folks, that are gun people, can't do squat because of their administration and the prevailing indoctrination of the majority of field people. Look what happened to the one good guy @ ATF for blowing the whistle on Fast & Furious. Things have only gotten worse there.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://www.thv11.com/article/news/loca ... b7766cb607

Arkansas sheriffs push back on new ATF gun policy

deadshot556

Post by deadshot556 »

Tenring wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:12 am Almost like the rogue agency is offering you something for free .... is forbearance free .... or can they change their minds a few years from now. Because you still owe the price of the stamp.

Since when is anything free especially from these people, this is a trap.
Yup.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

FJB
deadshot556

Post by deadshot556 »

Tenring wrote: January 25th, 2023, 6:42 pm
yawn....
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

he's right tho...
sonofbp

Post by sonofbp »

kenpoprofessor wrote: January 25th, 2023, 3:14 am
sonofbp wrote: January 25th, 2023, 2:54 am They say what makes it a rifle are the type of optic, length of pull, surface area of the brace/receiver extension, and other things. They refuse to define what any of those things are so they cannot be complied with. They don't want the ability to comply in a way they don't like as was done with the 94 AWB.
I'm going to take a free sbr on something I was planning on doing anyways but just that one, hopefully this s*** gets destroyed in the courts and preferably the nfa as a whole... this vague and capricious "redefining" of things already defined in stature needs to stop.
The non-compliance on this is going to be way more widespread than the much less widely owned bumpstocks.

How do you know they won't say the brace has to stay, you can't put a stock on it, even if you registered it as an SBR. They'll have pictures, and it must stay in that configuration I'm betting.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Last I heard they dropped the picture requirement but it's the FATF they'll do whatever they please.
I'm in no rush to register, I'll wait and if that's how it looks I'll pay my $200 for a normal sbr and toss the brace in the trash or sell it if they still hold any value at that point.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

sonofbp wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:32 pm

Last I heard they dropped the picture requirement but it's the FATF they'll do whatever they please.
I'm in no rush to register, I'll wait and if that's how it looks I'll pay my $200 for a normal sbr and toss the brace in the trash or sell it if they still hold any value at that point.

Say no more, say no more, wink's as good as a nod to blind bat ayyyy.

Clyde
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

sonofbp wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:32 pm Last I heard they dropped the picture requirement but it's the FATF they'll do whatever they please.
Then how do they know if your brace on your firearm qualifies for the freebie? If it doesn't and they reject it, you are an immediate felon.

Oh yeah, BTW. if they reject your freebie and it is an SBR according to their new rule, you are an Arizona felon because you are in possession of an NFA item that is not in the federal registry.

According to the way their rule is written you may be a state felon the moment they publish it, because they are "granting" an amnesty, nobody said anything about state amnesty.
sonofbp

Post by sonofbp »

kenpoprofessor wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:43 pm
sonofbp wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:32 pm

Say no more, say no more, wink's as good as a nod to blind bat ayyyy.

Clyde
hahahaha, f*** funny picture, but I said this because I was planning on sbr'ing that particular gun anyways but you're not about to go bragging on all your non-compliance and third hole adventures on a public forum are you...
sonofbp

Post by sonofbp »

YNOTAZ wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:51 pm
sonofbp wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:32 pm Last I heard they dropped the picture requirement but it's the FATF they'll do whatever they please.
Then how do they know if your brace on your firearm qualifies for the freebie? If it doesn't and they reject it, you are an immediate felon.

Oh yeah, BTW. if they reject your freebie and it is an SBR according to their new rule, you are an Arizona felon because you are in possession of an NFA item that is not in the federal registry.

According to the way their rule is written you may be a state felon the moment they publish it, because they are "granting" an amnesty, nobody said anything about state amnesty.
Yah, I honestly dont care about all that s***. I care just enough to wait a couple months and see how it pans out for some "early adapters" on the free stamp. If it looks good to go I'll take the free stamp, if not, I'll add the sbr to my trust as I originally planned. nbd.
That said, it also wouldnt be the first time any of us committed a felony, everythings a fellony these days so f***'em if its magically an illegal nfa device maybe some mass non-compliance is exactly what is needed.
Some people are freaking out and clutching their pearls entirely too tight over this s***.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

sonofbp wrote: January 26th, 2023, 4:22 pm
hahahaha, f*** funny picture, but I said this because I was planning on sbr'ing that particular gun anyways but you're not about to go bragging on all your non-compliance and third hole adventures on a public forum are you...
Where am I bragging about such??? Oh, that's right, you just made that up so you look like a good guy. All I'm saying is you bent the knee, kissed the boot, and showed your weak stance for the 2A. I don't have any braced pistols, nor have I wanted any. Your other defamatory statements are noted, you can't help but try to throw someone else under the bus when you're a weak sister.

Clyde
sonofbp

Post by sonofbp »

kenpoprofessor wrote: January 26th, 2023, 4:35 pm
sonofbp wrote: January 26th, 2023, 4:22 pm
Where am I bragging about such??? Oh, that's right, you just made that up so you look like a good guy. All I'm saying is you bent the knee, kissed the boot, and showed your weak stance for the 2A. I don't have any braced pistols, nor have I wanted any. Your other defamatory statements are noted, you can't help but try to throw someone else under the bus when you're a weak sister.

Clyde
The f*** are you on about. Do you have a point? Implying I''m a boot licker for registering something would imply that you either comply by not owning anything that would need to be registered or own w/e the f*** you want, wont comply with s***, and are mocking anyone who does.
Which is it? Are you the coward you claim I am or are you bragging about non-compliance?
You b**** about all the pussies on this board then claim I'm defamitory... come the f*** on man
And I don't know or care what you do or dont own. I just dont understand the trolling bs.