Guns In The UK

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Tenring
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Guns In The UK

Post by Tenring »

Former British COP Exposes The Truth About Guns In The UK

brandyspaw

Re: Guns In The UK

Post by brandyspaw »

Interesting perspective. It does show that those who are from somewhere without our 2nd amendment freedoms still don't fully understand why Americans don't want to compromise on them. This despite the fact that the Brit is now a firearms enthusiast Thanks for posting as I don't watch much Colion Noir videos.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

brandyspaw wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 3:54 pm Interesting perspective. It does show that those who are from somewhere without our 2nd amendment freedoms still don't fully understand why Americans don't want to compromise on them. This despite the fact that the Brit is now a firearms enthusiast Thanks for posting as I don't watch much Colion Noir videos.
Yea, I got to the part where the guys says "yea, I love the 2A, buttttttt............" and turned it off.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

A long time ago I was in a US Army unit that used to do a major deployment to England every year. I became friends with the owner of a gun shop in East Anglia. Prior to the Hungerford shooting it wasn’t that difficult to own semi-auto assault rifles in Britain. I say “semi-auto assault rifles” for a reason because it was legal at the time for Brits to modify full-auto weapons by simply grinding off the auto trip sears or filling in sear pin holes with a dab of weld. AR-10’s were very easy to convert from full-auto and were relatively cheap. Fr’instance my gun dealer buddy had a real M-14 that he removed the connector bar and switch from and then affixed a tab to the stock so the the oprod wouldn’t jump out.
He also had a BREN gun converted to single shot slam fire 20 gauge, and a Vickers converted to .410 slam fire. Of course all that sh!t has long since been banned.

Now here’s the deal about guns in Europe cuz’ I spent a LOT of time stationed there: Europe has a LOT of illegal guns floating around. You can’t fight two major world wars there without great big bunches of weaponry winding up in civilian hands. The catch is the underground gun market is VERY much on the down low. You have to know somebody you will personally vouch for you and that ain’t easy. Additionally when I was there uncut/unmodified/pristine fully automatic receivers such as MG-42, STEN, AKM, Thompson, M-14 were cheap and LEGAL to own WITHOUT paperwork in Germany. It was the BARRELS and the BOLTS that were BANNED.