At The Concealed Carry Expo, There’s A New Kind Of Gun Owner In Town

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

At The Concealed Carry Expo, There’s A New Kind Of Gun Owner In Town

Post by Suck My Glock »

‘Five years ago in America, the gun owner was a white, conservative male. Now it’s all over the map, just like our country.’

https://thefederalist.com/2022/11/17/at ... r-in-town/

Boriqua

Re: At The Concealed Carry Expo, There’s A New Kind Of Gun Owner In Town

Post by Boriqua »

Great, it makes it harder to pass anti gun legislation through division without using the boogyman of white conservatives. They will have to find another way as thier propaganda posters will need a new villian.
Mike-4

Post by Mike-4 »

The more the better!
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Good. The crusty white fudd stereotype needs to die. The more diversity in people who support the 2A only helps us - and makes it harder for those wishing to strip us of our rights. The demographics changing takes away their favorite bullet point in their argument.

On that subject - I always laugh when I see someone get all butthurt at diversity in our ranks. It is getting rarer and rarer but I have been to the range and seen some ancient crusty low intelligence quotient dildo mean mug a group of non-white people at the range. They always shrink and waddle off when you ask them if they have an issue. Pretty sad on their part. Same as the dingleberries who lost their sh*t when Recoil put a gay dude on the cover (Chris Cheng.) The comments were full of hate for a man who went before congress to defend our rights, and has been more of a spoke person for our rights than most. The mental gymnastics these deficient wannabes went through to try to justify their hatred was hilarious. Clamoring on about the flag on his shirt being rainbow and how it is defacing it (yet often had modded flags in their profiles...) and jibber jabbering about how their deity cult of choice doesn't like the gays...blah blah blah. Sad example of supporting our own. I don't know why so many "manly men" get their panties in a bunch cause someone is gay. The insecurity is hilarious.

2A doesn't care what ethnicity, orientation, religion, etc you are - and neither should we. The more diversity we have, the longer we have our rights - period. If you can't wrap your head around the fact it is for everyone and can't see past race, orientation, religion, or gender - then you are missing the entire point.

I will take 5 gay rainbow flag wearing Chris Chengs who actually are "in the fight" any day of the week over 1000 crusty old white fudds wandering around in knock off flea market made-in-china American flag shirts with clip on Uncle Mike's holsters who think their lifetime membership to the worthless NRA is doing something.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

paulgt2164 wrote: November 18th, 2022, 12:12 pm Good. The crusty white fudd stereotype needs to die. The more diversity in people who support the 2A only helps us - and makes it harder for those wishing to strip us of our rights. The demographics changing takes away their favorite bullet point in their argument.

On that subject - I always laugh when I see someone get all butthurt at diversity in our ranks. It is getting rarer and rarer but I have been to the range and seen some ancient crusty low intelligence quotient dildo mean mug a group of non-white people at the range. They always shrink and waddle off when you ask them if they have an issue. Pretty sad on their part. Same as the dingleberries who lost their sh*t when Recoil put a gay dude on the cover (Chris Cheng.) The comments were full of hate for a man who went before congress to defend our rights, and has been more of a spoke person for our rights than most. The mental gymnastics these deficient wannabes went through to try to justify their hatred was hilarious. Clamoring on about the flag on his shirt being rainbow and how it is defacing it (yet often had modded flags in their profiles...) and jibber jabbering about how their deity cult of choice doesn't like the gays...blah blah blah. Sad example of supporting our own. I don't know why so many "manly men" get their panties in a bunch cause someone is gay. The insecurity is hilarious.

2A doesn't care what ethnicity, orientation, religion, etc you are - and neither should we. The more diversity we have, the longer we have our rights - period. If you can't wrap your head around the fact it is for everyone and can't see past race, orientation, religion, or gender - then you are missing the entire point.

I will take 5 gay rainbow flag wearing Chris Chengs who actually are "in the fight" any day of the week over 1000 crusty old white fudds wandering around in knock off flea market made-in-china American flag shirts with clip on Uncle Mike's holsters who think their lifetime membership to the worthless NRA is doing something.

Yep, yep, and more yep, couldn't agree more.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Twobadazbrothers

Post by Twobadazbrothers »

paulgt2164 wrote: November 18th, 2022, 12:12 pm Good. The crusty white fudd stereotype needs to die. The more diversity in people who support the 2A only helps us - and makes it harder for those wishing to strip us of our rights. The demographics changing takes away their favorite bullet point in their argument.

Thank you for saying that I agree 💯
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I'm a "cranky old white guy" and I generally agree.
1) The 2A asserts a prohibition on the government infringing upon the rights of people to keep and bear arms. "People" - like - all people - except those who have lost their rights through legitimate due process. If you aren't a felon or someone adjudicated mentally defective and a danger to yourself or others, well... then welcome to the party!
2) Carry yourself in a way that implies that you have a clue about the responsibilities associated with being a 2A ish person and I've got no issues. Act like a clown, behave like an idiot while interacting with your firearm - and I've got a problem with you. Make TikTok videos showing you babbeling incomprehensively while jamming the muzzle of your firearm into the camera while 'm-fing' everyone and waiving your 'gat' around and acting like an idiot repeatedly covering your buddies - well - I don't want to associate with you. This has NOTHING to do with how much melanin you have or don't have in your skin - and everything to do with the fact that you are acting like an idiot.
3) Create a "Gays for the 2A group" and show up at 2A functions and I'm going to shrug. I'm glad you are supporting the 2A. I don't think that being gay is a particularly good thing (certainly from a biblical perspective) but I also don't think that the government should really have anything to say about where you stick your stuff (between willing adults). So - I don't have to agree with everything you advocate to be grateful for you taking action to advance 2A causes. I'm probably not going to don a rainbow shirt and hang out under your banner - but I'm grateful for your advocacy for the 2A.

So - be a responsible gun owner who advocates for the 2A in a way that is effective and not discrediting to the rest of us - and I'm glad you are there - again - regardless of your pigment levels your gender or who you sleep with. If we have other interests in common and you aren't fixated on stuff that I don't want to associate with, then hey - let's hang out. Colion Noir - where you at? Want to go burn some powder?
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

187002.jpg
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Tenring

Post by Tenring »

xerts1191 wrote: November 18th, 2022, 8:55 pm https://mycreditsummit.com/gun-sales-statistics/
GUN SALES STATS
Wow - I take that as we (gun enthusiast's) are slacking ......... guess I need to go buy gun today to do my part.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Tenring wrote: November 19th, 2022, 9:06 am
xerts1191 wrote: November 18th, 2022, 8:55 pm https://mycreditsummit.com/gun-sales-statistics/
GUN SALES STATS
Wow - I take that as we (gun enthusiast's) are slacking ......... guess I need to go buy gun today to do my part.
Yea man what is up with that. According to that chart AZ is getting its a$$ kicked. May have to buy that Hi power clone I been eyeballing just to do my part!
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Tenring wrote: November 19th, 2022, 9:06 am
GUN SALES STATS
Just ordered another one Thursday. :mrgreen:

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Holy crap. Look at gun sales in Ilinois and they are spewing that guns used in crimes are coming in from other states.

Just more liberal bullsheit
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

I try to do my part, but the gun companies aren't helping. Been waiting over 6 months for a Defiance action and on the list at multiple shops for a P226 X5. Still waiting...
Jay Gee

Post by Jay Gee »

I guess MSM has to come up with a new narrative. The only ones who have ever insinuated 2A applied only to white males is the left.