Magazine RANT

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Magazine RANT

Post by Boriqua »

GEez ... Alright what the hell is up with Magazine prices! I like to keep at least 3 mags for each of my handguns. I know some of you guys keep much more. so start a search for an extra mag for my latest acquisition, a CZ p07 in 9mm, and come to find they are some $50. $50

That is pretty close to 10% the cost of the gun for a piece of folded steel with a spring in it. Yea yea.. I know without a quality mag a semi auto may as well be a paperweight but .... DAYUM.

OK .. rant off and off to find a damn mag! Might have to ask the wife for one for Christmas. Between this one and the ones for my H&K's .. I could have gotten another 1000 primers and had room for bullets. :(

Just bitchin to b**** :dance:

kenpoprofessor

Re: Magazine RANT

Post by kenpoprofessor »

I know full well the cost of extra magazines before I even buy the gun. If the price of the mag is horrible, I don't need the gun, or, I find the cost acceptable. Pretty simple.

Clyde
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

kenpoprofessor wrote: November 11th, 2022, 1:26 pm I know full well the cost of extra magazines before I even buy the gun. If the price of the mag is horrible, I don't need the gun, or, I find the cost acceptable. Pretty simple.

Clyde
I kinda knew what the mag prices would be going in but really liked the guns. Still can suck though!! :mrgreen:
blasternaz

Post by blasternaz »

Might investigate EAA Witness mags. Same same base gun, just different mothers. After market mags can be a pain or a hidden jewel. Anything by Metalform or MecGar is good to go. HTHs
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

no doubt vendors, manuf. use the need fo MO MAGs, as a way to increase value of gat, some ''clip'' prices are outta site, had to for the purists.
Rj
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

Was looking at a Canik but put it off due the price and lack of availability for OEM mags. Then they offered a 3-free mags rebate with new purchase. Sucker that I am I bought one!
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

“ Just bitchin to b**** :dance:
No, yer not “bitchin”, yer whining which is far less manly than bitching. You didn’t conduct any research on your purchase before you bought it and that’s on you.

Fr’instance a buddy of mine found a “Pre B” CZ-75 for a good price and asked for my advice, “Don’t buy it unless the pistol comes with a bucket of original mags”.
“How come?” he asked, “Cuz’ Pre B mags are scarce and like $200.00 a pop.” And he didn’t buy it.

When you purchase a new car do you find out the gas mileage before you have to fill up the first tank?

And what the hell are you doing buying a NON-AMERICAN firearm in the first place!?
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

That Guy wrote: November 12th, 2022, 10:59 am “ Just bitchin to b**** :dance:
No, yer not “bitchin”, yer whining which is far less manly than bitching. You didn’t conduct any research on your purchase before you bought it and that’s on you.

Fr’instance a buddy of mine found a “Pre B” CZ-75 for a good price and asked for my advice, “Don’t buy it unless the pistol comes with a bucket of original mags”.
“How come?” he asked, “Cuz’ Pre B mags are scarce and like $200.00 a pop.” And he didn’t buy it.

When you purchase a new car do you find out the gas mileage before you have to fill up the first tank?

And what the hell are you doing buying a NON-AMERICAN firearm in the first place!?

Too bad your buddy didn’t talk to me. Would have told him how 3 minutes with a small file will open up the magwell so it accepts 75B mags.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Winmagbill wrote: November 12th, 2022, 12:23 pm

Too bad your buddy didn’t talk to me. Would have told him how 3 minutes with a small file will open up the magwell so it accepts 75B mags.
Have dremel, will travel. I do a lot of improv stuff with mags to make them work.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Drmark »

That Guy wrote: November 12th, 2022, 10:59 am

When it comes to cars, I do the same as guns. If I like it or want it, I buy it. I will leave this Earth whether it be Heaven or Hell with my carbon footprint trailing.

When did you become the firearm purchasing monitor?
monkeypaw

Post by monkeypaw »

Going through this with a Stoeger 9C. It only came with 1 mag. I saw a YouTube Video about a 226 mg fitting the Stoeger 9C with a small modification. I bought a 226 and did the mod. Fits like sht. Just need to try it and see if it falls out.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

I feel ya, just got a couple mags for my 365 at 45bucks a wack
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

Abbey

Post by Abbey »

And just like the price of the gun, you’ll spend significantly more on ammo over its lifetime than on a few extra mags.
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

Yeah, he should have got a quality American made firearm like Jimenez Arms or SCCY