Thoughts

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Thoughts

Post by QuietM4 »

That Guy wrote: September 30th, 2022, 11:08 am
QuietM4 wrote: September 29th, 2022, 11:51 am Being in AZ and seeing open carry PISTOLS is one thing...until you realize that no one open carries a long gun on a day-to-day basis...the wanna-be LARP'ers that show up to rallies at the capital with an AR incorrectly slung on their backs whilst donning their finest Cheaper Than Dirt tactical gear don't count.

And the "I'm from Chicago" excuse doesn't hold water either. I've never heard about the general Chicago public regularly carrying long guns into convenience stores.

That guy was up to no good, encountered armed resistance, and then tried to play off his attempted robbery as if carrying a shotgun into a store was normal.
Yeahhhhhh, you might wanna reread that “shall not be infringed” portion again. Case in point. The engine in my truck blew and was in the shop so all I had was my bike for transportation. I went out to the desert to do some plinking with my MIA Bush that had a folding stock. Yeah, I had a Pelican case but good luck strapping that to a motorcycle. So, since it DID have a sling I said “screw it”. I slung it across my back and left. On the way back I decided to stop at the Dairy Queen in Cave Creek for some burgers. So what am I supposed to do? Leave it on the bike? Yeah, I walked in with an unloaded rifle, got my food, and sat down to eat. Did I get a couple of “looks”? Yeah. But I was within my rights and if you sunshine “patriots” have a problem with that then its too damn bad. There isn’t a clause in the 2A which states “…..the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed-except when bearing those arms makes people uncomfortable”

PS-Keep sending me those “Private Messages” folks! I don’t read them but I am trying to hit 100 rants!

Cool story.

You might want to familiarize yourself with Brandenberg V. Ohio. Yelling "FIRE" in a crowded space where there is no fire is protected by the 1st Amendment, right? Spoiler alert, it's not.

The 2nd Amendment does not protect anyone from committing a crime with a firearm. Open carrying a firearm in AZ is legal, but open carry of firearms in Florida is not legal.

WyattBurp

Post by WyattBurp »

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck, just like this guy is a criminal. Nuf Said
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I will admit ... hopefully with out fanning flames .. that I am surprised that the reviled New York City Transplant who by virtue of moving to AZ helped ruin its flavor ... is the guy saying its not about the gun or how its carried but its criminal use that is the problem. Flame away but .. boy things have changed since I came out here.

What happened to all the dudes that said they used to see guns in racks in Trucks with no problem or the guys that attended the AZS open carry dinners or kids bringing long guns to school.

I have read countless times how guys from NYC or California are ruining AZ with their politics and I am here saying .. Guns are not evil .. People do evil things with guns. Punish the evil doers.

Is it because he is black?

Granted .. the situation looks a little off but .. I went to visit with someone in their cabin out here and it was I think Dove season. Stopped in a little bar off what seemed like a dirt road. Guns everywhere. Didnt think they were holding up the bar .. just guys with their shotguns. Didnt get overly concerned and I was the ONLY brown dude in the joint. Felt snug as a bug in a rug. Guns everywhere.

I will tell you .. having found freedom I am not anxious to give it up. Unfortunately AZ is changing but I thought we could all agree that owning, possessing or carrying a gun was within our rights right up until we did something stupid with it.

Dude is a bit hinky but .. Not enough evidence to call him a criminal past he broke the law because it is illegal to open carry in Florida.

My .50 .. want to walk into circle K with a gun .. cool .. so long as the muzzle doesnt come up or you dont start asking for things .. we have no problem. Past that .. Lead is flying.

Some of us will have to agree to disagree. Its cool .. its a discussion forum designed for discussion.
baja

Post by baja »

Right on.
WyattBurp

Post by WyattBurp »

A blind man could see this guy is up to no good. What do you think he went into the store with a shotgun for? "I'm lost, give me directions" So he brought the shotgun to make sure the directions were correct? Or did a dove he was hunting fly into the store? Is this the way Floridians open carry? I highly doubt it.
Gimme a break...
xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

Sh!tcago, maybe it was just an equalizer, odds are stacked against the guy regardless
WyattBurp

Post by WyattBurp »

The native americans named it Chi Ca go which means bad smell or stinky skunk for good reason.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Probably like the rest of you, I watched this guy's handling of the shotgun carefully to see if he seemed like he was there to use it or just couldn't leave it anywhere else and HAD to keep hold of it.

To me, it did seem he was careful to not hold it in a threatening manner, and in fact, like when he held in downward by the butt plate with both hands, seemed trying to tell with his body language "I don't have this here to harm you."

But it only seemed to me like that because I'm an experienced gun handler and notice such minor details. The average non-gun-person wouldn't know or care.

But there's also a lot of other details we just don't know that may weigh in on this.
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

Suck My Glock wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:44 am Probably like the rest of you, I watched this guy's handling of the shotgun carefully to see if he seemed like he was there to use it or just couldn't leave it anywhere else and HAD to keep hold of it.

To me, it did seem he was careful to not hold it in a threatening manner, and in fact, like when he held in downward by the butt plate with both hands, seemed trying to tell with his body language "I don't have this here to harm you."

But it only seemed to me like that because I'm an experienced gun handler and notice such minor details. The average non-gun-person wouldn't know or care.

But there's also a lot of other details we just don't know that may weigh in on this.
He arrived in a car, so he didn’t need to bring it inside. He chose to do so.

It looked more to me like he was trying to conceal it from the store employee. Easier to get the drop on him that way.

If he needed to carry it inside, he should have a better reason than “I’m from Chicago.”
WyattBurp

Post by WyattBurp »

He didn't draw down on the employee because the employee drew down on him. Would you raise a shotgun while someone has a bead on you? I wouldn't unless your looking for suicide by 7-11. I'm sure he was just there to sell girl scout cookies because he said " I have a big MF'n gun and I'm not from around here". Why would you say that unless your up to no good?
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

WyattBurp wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:30 am He didn't draw down on the employee because the employee drew down on him. Would you raise a shotgun while someone has a bead on you? I wouldn't unless your looking for suicide by 7-11. I'm sure he was just there to sell girl scout cookies because he said " I have a big MF'n gun and I'm not from around here". Why would you say that unless your up to no good?
I had to go and read the article just now, and yes, it does mention the clerk drew on him first. I didn't see that in the video (clerk was out of frame). That changes my analysis of the shotgun dude's demeanor entirely. In my estimation, he was entirely too calm and nonplussed about getting drawn down on. (But then again, he's from Chicago, right. So maybe he's used to it.)

But Boriqua's question still holds. At least under Az. law, while stupid, he didn't cross the threshold of burglary. And yet, if I were that clerk, I would have drawn down on him too.