Gun shows ... What gives?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Howlin Mad
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Gun shows ... What gives?

Post by Howlin Mad »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: September 26th, 2022, 5:17 am I have probably only purchased four or five items from people set up at guns shows over the years.
On the other hand I have purchased quite a few items from people just walking around trying to sell something.
The people walking around selling stuff can make the show worthwhile.
I've been on both sides of the table, learned decades ago, best deals on guns are walking around, not on the tables.

All the people with tables go around before the show opens and get the really good deals.

I don't go to buy guns, I go to buy stuff, parts, mags, leather, pouches, whatever, found lots of good deals on stuff over the years.

I consider the price worth it just for the entertainment.

You never know what you'll find, I bought a $100 torque wrench for $15 at a SAR Show a few years ago.
Last edited by Howlin Mad on September 26th, 2022, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knockonit

Post by knockonit »

uh oh, its slam the gun shows time again, fun stuff, go or dont go, so when they are no more whats the whine gonna be, jeebus, same old crap, uh stinky, costs too much to park, too much to get in, lol, fun stuff, been the same whine for about 2 decades, just saying
billdeserthills
Banned
Banned

Post by billdeserthills »

One thing that made the gun shows stand out for me was years ago when the table prices were more affordable, there would be lots of private sale vendors. They would be selling for far less money than the corporate guys. Once Crossroads bought out Termark & the other smaller gun shows the table prices were all raised too high for those little guys to be able to afford them
Epic_Ed
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Epic_Ed »

I haven't been in over a decade. It used to be fun and there were deals to be found, but that all died in 2008 after Obama was elected. Ammo prices skyrocketed and it really hasn't been the same since. The Cold Steel table during the SAR show is a good place to pick up good-quality blades, axes, and tools.