Forgot to flip the safety

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Forgot to flip the safety

Post by Boriqua »

Guys play road rage and one of them forgets the safety.

https://www.wfaa.com/amp/article/news/l ... 9220020520

smithers599

Re: Forgot to flip the safety

Post by smithers599 »

Their empty hand skills are also somewhat deficient. What the hell was that?
Razai

Post by Razai »

I made it about six seconds, and then the floppy gut ran me off…
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Razai wrote: September 15th, 2022, 5:51 pm I made it about six seconds, and then the floppy gut ran me off…
Flab fu!
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

It looked like that both or neither should be charged. I'm not a cop, just making an observation. The young guy hit the heavy guy and knocked him down, put some fear in the heavy guy. If I'm wrong tell me why.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

zonie77 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 7:03 pm It looked like that both or neither should be charged. I'm not a cop, just making an observation. The young guy hit the heavy guy and knocked him down, put some fear in the heavy guy. If I'm wrong tell me why.
Young guy guilty of assault/battery. Heavy guy guilty of agg assault/assault /threatening/ endangerment, whatever level the prosecutor feels like trying. The standard is not "some fear," but "immediately necessary to prevent another's use of deadly force." He drew down to avenge bruised ego, not because it was immediately necessary to save his life.

Still, a smart prosecutor would simply say "Get these knuckleheads out of here. What a couple of dumbasses." In fact, the appropriate charge is probably second degree dumbassery.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

The older guy is lucky he forgot to flip his safety. It would be hard to prove it was a good shoot. The guy didnt start stomping his lights out after knocking him over so coming back at him with a gun was just sour grapes.

If he remembered to flip that safety he would be looking at a Murder rap.

Hard to argue Disparity of force since the younger guy kind of backed off.
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

smithers599 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 7:11 pm
zonie77 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 7:03 pm It looked like that both or neither should be charged. I'm not a cop, just making an observation. The young guy hit the heavy guy and knocked him down, put some fear in the heavy guy. If I'm wrong tell me why.
Young guy guilty of assault/battery. Heavy guy guilty of agg assault/assault /threatening/ endangerment, whatever level the prosecutor feels like trying. The standard is not "some fear," but "immediately necessary to prevent another's use of deadly force." He drew down to avenge bruised ego, not because it was immediately necessary to save his life.

Still, a smart prosecutor would simply say "Get these knuckleheads out of here. What a couple of dumbasses." In fact, the appropriate charge is probably second degree dumbassery.
I was surprised the article didn't say the young gun was charged. I found that strange.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Right or wrong, one thing this should tell all of us is that part of your self-defense training needs to focus on weapon retention. Especially for us fat tubby lardasses who can't run away if we get disarmed, or run away to avoid having to pull it out. Being legally able to stand you ground doesn't mean much unless you can maintain dominance over it.

And also from a moral and legal perspective, there is an element of liability if you cannot retain your weapon. If you are too easily disarmed, you are not an asset,...you are a liability. If you cannot dominate your space,...don't be there.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Suck My Glock wrote: September 15th, 2022, 11:07 pm Right or wrong, one thing this should tell all of us is that part of your self-defense training needs to focus on weapon retention. Especially for us fat tubby lardasses who can't run away if we get disarmed, or run away to avoid having to pull it out. Being legally able to stand you ground doesn't mean much unless you can maintain dominance over it.

And also from a moral and legal perspective, there is an element of liability if you cannot retain your weapon. If you are too easily disarmed, you are not an asset,...you are a liability. If you cannot dominate your space,...don't be there.
You know, I keep telling people that sort of thing, but, they don't listen, they're "invincible" because they have a gun.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
WhiteDragon

Post by WhiteDragon »

kenpoprofessor wrote: September 16th, 2022, 4:24 am
Suck My Glock wrote: September 15th, 2022, 11:07 pm Right or wrong, one thing this should tell all of us is that part of your self-defense training needs to focus on weapon retention. Especially for us fat tubby lardasses who can't run away if we get disarmed, or run away to avoid having to pull it out. Being legally able to stand you ground doesn't mean much unless you can maintain dominance over it.

You know, I keep telling people that sort of thing, but, they don't listen, they're "invincible" because they have a gun.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Right? But wtf do we know? :|
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

smithers599 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 7:11 pm

It seems we have fewer and fewer smart prosecutors, even with videos.

Maybe it would be a good idea to go back to 16 hour training for CCW, nah, that still wouldn't help some people.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

aw the beauty of a metal gun, no go bang, then go TONK, side of head, but yeah, ya gotta hold on to it, fella needs to learn some stuff, you know the kind that keeps ya alive, i'm old and i'm figuring the fella woulda lost an eye, or a windpipe, before he got me gat, well one can only hope, so lets hope no body has to find out the hard way, this type of school of hard knocks well ...........