AMMO PRICES!!!

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: AMMO PRICES!!!

Post by XJThrottle »

That Guy wrote: September 30th, 2022, 10:28 am
Boriqua wrote: September 15th, 2022, 12:54 pm Holy Sh*t!

I have been reloading for the last 6-7 years so I rarely have the need to buy factory ammo at the store. I succumbed to my baser wants and went ahead and have a H&K P2000 inbound. I have plenty of .40 rolled up and plenty of components but I like to proof a new gun with factory ammo so if it acts up later I know its my ammo and not the gun.

So jump on my bike and head to Sportsman's. Boat loads of 9mm and seemingly a good selection on 45 and .40 but ... My walk out the door price for a box of American Eagle 180 gr FMJ in .40 was $35!!

Holy sh*t. when did that happen! I admittedly have been paying about $100 for primers when I buy them but I am still not approaching $35 a box to reload.

Oh I remember well picking up some 9mm ammo at Walmart on the way to the range and paying about $10. At $35 a box for .40 I would have to seriously cut back on my shooting. So thankful for the people that got me into reloading .... dont know how a dude shoots at $35 for a box of ammo especially since 50 rounds goes pretty fast.
Holy Sh!t!
Why in the hell would anybody who does any amount of shooting buy ammo from an LGS when you can get it on line and have it delivered!? Or barring that simply drive over to True Shot Gun Club.

PS-Keep sending those “private messages” folks! I don’t read them but I am trying to hit 100!
Where they charge you an extra $10 to bother them with in person patronage? F that place.

Somebody got into the whiskey a bit early today...

zonie77
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: AMMO PRICES!!!

Post by zonie77 »

XJThrottle wrote: September 30th, 2022, 11:12 am
That Guy wrote: September 30th, 2022, 10:28 am
Boriqua wrote: September 15th, 2022, 12:54 pm Holy Sh*t!

I have been reloading for the last 6-7 years so I rarely have the need to buy factory ammo at the store. I succumbed to my baser wants and went ahead and have a H&K P2000 inbound. I have plenty of .40 rolled up and plenty of components but I like to proof a new gun with factory ammo so if it acts up later I know its my ammo and not the gun.

So jump on my bike and head to Sportsman's. Boat loads of 9mm and seemingly a good selection on 45 and .40 but ... My walk out the door price for a box of American Eagle 180 gr FMJ in .40 was $35!!

Holy sh*t. when did that happen! I admittedly have been paying about $100 for primers when I buy them but I am still not approaching $35 a box to reload.

Oh I remember well picking up some 9mm ammo at Walmart on the way to the range and paying about $10. At $35 a box for .40 I would have to seriously cut back on my shooting. So thankful for the people that got me into reloading .... dont know how a dude shoots at $35 for a box of ammo especially since 50 rounds goes pretty fast.
Holy Sh!t!
Why in the hell would anybody who does any amount of shooting buy ammo from an LGS when you can get it on line and have it delivered!? Or barring that simply drive over to True Shot Gun Club.

PS-Keep sending those “private messages” folks! I don’t read them but I am trying to hit 100!
Where they charge you an extra $10 to bother them with in person patronage? F that place.

Somebody got into the whiskey a bit early today...
When I first looked at their web site it had the $10 pickup fee posted, then it disappeared. I went there a couple of weeks ago and no $10. The guys up front are friendly. Great price on PMC 40 cal. I will go back.