AMMO PRICES!!!

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: AMMO PRICES!!!

Post by knockonit »

heheeh, bad enough to choke on components, i just reloaded a few dozen different loads for 10mm, gonna giv'em a go this weekend, hate to think if i had to go buy factory ammo, ugh, components even though i have quite a bit, one still has to think about replacement.

happy days, shoot what ya brung and be glad of it
Rj

campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

Prices have come down quite a bit in the last few months too! Sometimes I will search using https://ammoseek.com/

I just checked and there is new brass cased 40 cal for around 32 cents per round. I know you only needed one box so you probably would not buy that online.

I think the panic buying is over and inventory is back up, plus I think a lot of people bought ammo in the last two years and sales are probably lower. I have no data to back this up, just my thoughts on it.

I've been thinking of getting into 300 blackout since I can find brass cased ammo for around 60 cents per round.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

campinginaz wrote: September 16th, 2022, 12:24 pm Prices have come down quite a bit in the last few months too! Sometimes I will search using https://ammoseek.com/

I just checked and there is new brass cased 40 cal for around 32 cents per round. I know you only needed one box so you probably would not buy that online.

I think the panic buying is over and inventory is back up, plus I think a lot of people bought ammo in the last two years and sales are probably lower. I have no data to back this up, just my thoughts on it.

I've been thinking of getting into 300 blackout since I can find brass cased ammo for around 60 cents per round.
In addition to all that, the current inflation is pinching so many in the wallet, there are definitely people who are just not buying ammo right now because they have to afford other things first. And also, I think a lot of people are waiting to see if the mid-terms put more Republicans in Congress, which will cause many to think that their gun rights are safer. FOOLS!!
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Suck My Glock wrote: September 16th, 2022, 12:36 pm
campinginaz wrote: September 16th, 2022, 12:24 pm Prices have come down quite a bit in the last few months too! Sometimes I will search using https://ammoseek.com/

In addition to all that, the current inflation is pinching so many in the wallet, there are definitely people who are just not buying ammo right now because they have to afford other things first.
Like damn gas! My little honda civic was almost 50bucks to fill up! better then my F250 I suppose! :lol:
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

Suck My Glock wrote: September 16th, 2022, 12:36 pm

In addition to all that, the current inflation is pinching so many in the wallet, there are definitely people who are just not buying ammo right now because they have to afford other things first. And also, I think a lot of people are waiting to see if the mid-terms put more Republicans in Congress, which will cause many to think that their gun rights are safer. FOOLS!!
You are not wrong!
AZHTfreak

Post by AZHTfreak »

TheAccountant wrote: September 15th, 2022, 10:38 pm
paulgt2164 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 9:24 pm
TheAccountant wrote: September 15th, 2022, 9:20 pm I just wish they would go back to the old system of pay your money and stay as long as you want.
I can see why it had to change though. I mean 7$ all day isn't really viable I would imagine these days, and if you book two sessions (180 minutes) it is still half the price of only an hour at an indoor range. The best part of the 90 minute sessions is it keeps me from blowing though too much ammo....when it was all day - that was an expensive day. Lol.
I’m sure they’re making more money. I’m not really sure where it’s all going, but I’ve never seen any government agency have trouble spending money. It’s just not quite long enough. Two hour blocks would be about right. I find myself having to rush to wrap up in one session but if I book two I’m usually walking out early. At least in an indoor range I’m shooting for an hour instead of waiting for humpty dumpty to waddle back and forth from the 200 yard targets every 15 minutes.
Bwaaahahahahahaha, this...
nimrag

Post by nimrag »

When Walmart stopped selling handgun ammo, I went to the Payson Walmart and they had WWB in .40 for $7/box of 50. You where limited to 6 boxes, but they didn’t care if you went and put them in your vehicle and came back over and over.

Yesterday, I was up in Payson and went to my semi secret place in the forest, north of town and some nice person left a bunch of once fired .223 brass on the ground. I got to escape the heat and left with some brass.
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

I wonder if people without ammo stock plan finances as well as ammo security?
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

TheAccountant wrote: September 15th, 2022, 9:20 pm I just wish they would go back to the old system of pay your money and stay as long as you want.
Game and fish sure fkuced up one of the best ranges in the country. Ben is turning over in his grave with what they did to the range he left for us. Government ruins everything they touch.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

AZHTfreak wrote: September 16th, 2022, 9:25 pm
TheAccountant wrote: September 15th, 2022, 10:38 pm
paulgt2164 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 9:24 pm

I can see why it had to change though. I mean 7$ all day isn't really viable I would imagine these days, and if you book two sessions (180 minutes) it is still half the price of only an hour at an indoor range. The best part of the 90 minute sessions is it keeps me from blowing though too much ammo....when it was all day - that was an expensive day. Lol.
I’m sure they’re making more money. I’m not really sure where it’s all going, but I’ve never seen any government agency have trouble spending money. It’s just not quite long enough. Two hour blocks would be about right. I find myself having to rush to wrap up in one session but if I book two I’m usually walking out early. At least in an indoor range I’m shooting for an hour instead of waiting for humpty dumpty to waddle back and forth from the 200 yard targets every 15 minutes.
Bwaaahahahahahaha, this...
Just like when game and fishfags started the ohv crap to make California happy they use the money to restrict our rights.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

At this past weekend's Mesa show, I saw several 9mm fmj at around $15. I've been getting email vendor offers with it as low as $13, plus the s/h. So, I hit AmmoAz yesterday, as well as Cabela's and S/W. Cheapest was AAZ at 17.50 with $18.99 being the cheapest at the other two, regardless of brand. I was expecting CCI/Blazer alloy to be cheaper, but no such luck. Might be worth it to pony up for a case in the mail, even with s/h.
Bullzaye

Post by Bullzaye »

A buddy and I ordered this :

https://supervelammunition.com/certifie ... S9115-5000

We're going to split it. We paid the old price, $1200, it's on sale for $1100 at the moment. With S&H + tax, our order came to $0.27 per round. At the current price...it should come out to about $0.25 per round. It's once fired brass, and no...I haven't shot any of it yet. I'm tempted to buy another 5000 at the sale price, but...I'd prefer to shoot some of it first.

Food for thought.
Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Drmark »

Tacticalshit. Com

.25 per round here
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Boriqua wrote: September 15th, 2022, 12:54 pm Holy Sh*t!

I have been reloading for the last 6-7 years so I rarely have the need to buy factory ammo at the store. I succumbed to my baser wants and went ahead and have a H&K P2000 inbound. I have plenty of .40 rolled up and plenty of components but I like to proof a new gun with factory ammo so if it acts up later I know its my ammo and not the gun.

So jump on my bike and head to Sportsman's. Boat loads of 9mm and seemingly a good selection on 45 and .40 but ... My walk out the door price for a box of American Eagle 180 gr FMJ in .40 was $35!!

Holy sh*t. when did that happen! I admittedly have been paying about $100 for primers when I buy them but I am still not approaching $35 a box to reload.

Oh I remember well picking up some 9mm ammo at Walmart on the way to the range and paying about $10. At $35 a box for .40 I would have to seriously cut back on my shooting. So thankful for the people that got me into reloading .... dont know how a dude shoots at $35 for a box of ammo especially since 50 rounds goes pretty fast.
Holy Sh!t!
Why in the hell would anybody who does any amount of shooting buy ammo from an LGS when you can get it on line and have it delivered!? Or barring that simply drive over to True Shot Gun Club.

PS-Keep sending those “private messages” folks! I don’t read them but I am trying to hit 100!
Last edited by That Guy on September 30th, 2022, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

338lapua wrote: September 28th, 2022, 8:40 pm
Game and fish sure fkuced up one of the best ranges in the country. Ben is turning over in his grave with what they did to the range he left for us. Government ruins everything they touch.
You have a point. When Black Canyon became Ben Avery the place started to go downhill. OTOH though Rio Salado has managed to go sh!t all by themselves-oh they’ll try and blame Game and Fish for their antics but its all on RSSC. So basically its a coin toss: “Do I go to a crappy range where the RSO aren’t overbearing dix, or do I go to a great range where the RSO’s specialize in being dix?”