legal insurance if the ATF visits

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
338lapua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: legal insurance if the ATF visits

Post by 338lapua »

Just remember the ATF will use all the money you pay in taxes to prosecute you as well as the money from a lot of gun owners. Any insurance you have will have a limit, they dont have a limit.

brian10x

Post by brian10x »

Hey! Thanks for the good news!
:angry-cussingblack:
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

If I had an FRT/WOT, here's what I would do based on the few lawyer-YouTubes watched so far. :idea:

I would affix a cut-off disc to my Dremel, and proceed to slice through the housing and into the guts enough to weaken everything to point of uselessness. Cut-off the 'appendages' , then super-glue those cut pieces to the flat side of the trigger housing. All while taping this with either cell, or perhaps a good camera.

I'd put the wad of metallic junk back into my safe until such time as I got the knock. Upon the friendly Federal request for said item, I would then video myself handing-over the lump to the official. "I choose
NOT to answer any more questions, Thank You." :)

As it stands now, I am sorta glad the thing never appealed to me enough to spend several hundred to get one. :P
Last edited by pneuby on September 10th, 2022, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

Its not just FRTs. Also unserialized lowers, magazines over 10 rounds, "sniper scopes" , rotary triggers,night vision, body armor, or anything the left wants to target.

"That thing that goes up" Remember that?

Let me put forth an insane scenario, but I think you will get my point. let's say all black pens are illegal, because one was used to stab someone's eyes out.

Now, I have a purple pen, and next week Monday, the ATF decides to "re-interpret" the rule, and since purple pens are only slightly lighter than black ones, possession of purple pens now makes you a felon.
Attachments
Bidet.jpg
Bidet.jpg (6.25 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
ATF-Video.jpg
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

When i was much younger the atf came knocking on my door because I had sold off some of my buddy's ammo cuz he had moved away. The claim was I was impersonating an officer and selling govt ammo. I assured them I wasn't and that I sold some of my buddy's ammo (he had acquired at the gun show) for him that he couldn't move due to weight and space. I told them I had more to sell and asked if that was ok or if I wasn't allowed to sell it. I asked if they needed to see my car (old p71) or ammo to which they declined and let me go about my day. Sure I was young dumb and scared shittless thinking I had done something wrong without knowing, but they assured me after our encounter everything seemed legit and they left. Now maybe times have changed, but I'd say it was wasn't a bad encounter. I answered their questions and nothing more came of it.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

IF an individual or individuals claiming to be ATF show up at my front door the first thing I would probably due is call 911 stating that people claiming to be law enforcement are at my door. They can sort that sht out with PHX PD. I'll watch the d!ck swinging from my front window.

None of which will be gaining entry though..
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

Azgunlover69 wrote: September 10th, 2022, 1:28 pm When i was much younger the atf came knocking on my door because I had sold off some of my buddy's ammo cuz he had moved away. The claim was I was impersonating an officer and selling govt ammo. I assured them I wasn't and that I sold some of my buddy's ammo (he had acquired at the gun show) for him that he couldn't move due to weight and space. I told them I had more to sell and asked if that was ok or if I wasn't allowed to sell it. I asked if they needed to see my car (old p71) or ammo to which they declined and let me go about my day. Sure I was young dumb and scared shittless thinking I had done something wrong without knowing, but they assured me after our encounter everything seemed legit and they left. Now maybe times have changed, but I'd say it was wasn't a bad encounter. I answered their questions and nothing more came of it.
Maybe I'm old and a little jaded, but I think times HAVE changed, and for the worse.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

XJThrottle wrote: September 10th, 2022, 2:23 pm IF an individual or individuals claiming to be ATF show up at my front door the first thing I would probably due is call 911 stating that people claiming to be law enforcement are at my door. They can sort that sht out with PHX PD. I'll watch the d!ck swinging from my front window.

None of which will be gaining entry though..
I would tend to agree with you, but then, what if they come back with a warrant, and now they are pissed off as well.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

You guys might want to browse the AZ Constitution for some answers to this. I found these one particularly interesting.

https://www.azleg.gov/viewDocument/?doc ... st/2/3.htm
3. Supreme law of the land; authority to exercise sovereign authority against federal action; use of government personnel and financial resources

Section 3. A. The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the land to which all government, state and federal, is subject.

B. To protect the people's freedom and to preserve the checks and balances of the United States Constitution, this state may exercise its sovereign authority to restrict the actions of its personnel and the use of its financial resources to purposes that are consistent with the constitution by doing any of the following:

1. Passing an initiative or referendum pursuant to article IV, part 1, section 1.

2. Passing a bill pursuant to article IV, part 2 and article V, section 7.

3. Pursuing any other available legal remedy.

C. If the people or their representatives exercise their authority pursuant to this section, this state and all political subdivisions of this state are prohibited from using any personnel or financial resources to enforce, administer or cooperate with the designated federal action or program.
https://www.azleg.gov/viewDocument/?doc ... t/2/25.htm

25. Bills of attainder; ex post facto laws; impairment of contract obligations

Section 25. No bill of attainder, ex-post-facto law, or law impairing the obligation of a contract, shall ever be enacted.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

Clyde,
Thank you for taking the time an effort to research that, much appreciated.

But, am I the only person here that firmly believes the feds can and will do whatever they want, state and federal laws and the constitution be damned?

Its a serious question. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I just a scared old man?

People disappear every day for lesser allegations.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

To the Feds you’re probably just an old dude in Tucson that likes to post on the internet in colored, italicized, bold, underline, and/or large font sizes.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t know what to do if they’re at your door, but I’m not sure you’re real high on their target list.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

I appreciate the comments. I like my fonts and colors, that is true. It helps me drive home my point.

Lisa from the USCCA just sent me a really interesting video. I'm going to retrieve an adult beverage and watch it. It seems to me the USCCA is listening and wants to help.

I'll come back with a report tonight, or Sunday if I pass out tonight.

FONT!
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

I watched the USCCA videos, and many others that Lisa sent me. I also checked the web site. I still don't have the answer to my question.

If the ATF shows up at my door, I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut. Who can I call to do the talking for me? (To avoid self-incrimination or just saying something stupid?)
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

What you need is a good lawyer to call that will answer the phone.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Nobody.