New Fed Ex Policy ..

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

New Fed Ex Policy ..

Post by Boriqua »

I recently bought some large primers and the company sent them Fed Ex. They now require adult sig for any hazardous material. I didnt know and was stuck waiting for delivery for 2 days. Now they want to scan your DL.

https://s2133745391.t.en25.com/e/es?s=2 ... 32&elqat=1
sig shipping policy.jpg

Doc

Re: New Fed Ex Policy ..

Post by Doc »

Won’t be buying from them moving forward

What about DHL?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I had no problems with primers and UPS. No signiture needed and they left it on my porch inside the gate.

Midsouth only has fed ex as thier delivery option on thier site but after I complained they let me know you can request ups if you phone in your order. Midway used UPS. Going to be more mindful when ordering online to eliminate fed ex
Lwstarks

Post by Lwstarks »

I don’t know if any of the carriers that seem like aren’t playing games with 2a items.
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

If I remember correctly they stopped the adult signature required during the Covid nonsense. I had many deliveries during that time that had stipulations that an adut signature was required that were just dropped on the doorstep. Is it possible they are just going back to business as usual?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

SupportTheSecond wrote: September 8th, 2022, 7:59 am If I remember correctly they stopped the adult signature required during the Covid nonsense. I had many deliveries during that time that had stipulations that an adut signature was required that were just dropped on the doorstep. Is it possible they are just going back to business as usual?
perhaps .. but now it seems they will also be required to scan your Drivers License. I know I know .. "your already on a list, the ATF has all the info" whatever ....

Fed ex scanning my drivers license so I can get primers, ammo or other hazmat feels nasty. Something just feels off about it.

If I can avoid it I will even if it means paying a little more at another vendor who uses a different carrier.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Boriqua wrote: September 8th, 2022, 9:37 am
SupportTheSecond wrote: September 8th, 2022, 7:59 am If I remember correctly they stopped the adult signature required during the Covid nonsense. I had many deliveries during that time that had stipulations that an adut signature was required that were just dropped on the doorstep. Is it possible they are just going back to business as usual?
perhaps .. but now it seems they will also be required to scan your Drivers License. I know I know .. "your already on a list, the ATF has all the info" whatever ....

Fed ex scanning my drivers license so I can get primers, ammo or other hazmat feels nasty. Something just feels off about it.

If I can avoid it I will even if it means paying a little more at another vendor who uses a different carrier.
I can use an old military ID I have, no scan thingy available :D They need proof of ID, I can show them a voter registration card and CCW as well. You could also tell them you lost your ID the day before and are waiting on the USPS to deliver another.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

They want to confirm your DOB. I have to look but I am pretty sure its not on my CCW or Voter reg.