Would you consider this a "good shoot"?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
harleypower69
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Would you consider this a "good shoot"?

Post by harleypower69 »

The shooter acted like a gang banger fighting over territory he didn't own. When I saw the police interrogation video that was released he stated that this particular parking spot was a pet peeve of his.

Before seeing that I could see why he pulled the gun but the store video sealed it. He shot a retreating man where he could have just held him for cops to face an assault charge. The guy apparently has a self appointed save the world complex. Straight to jail and done.

Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Hold him for police ?
How do you do that ?
If the guy decides not to be held for police can you shoot them ?
If the guy tells you to screw off and starts walking away you sure as heck can't shoot them in the back.
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

AWWW Jeez BT, what the f***, there was video camera surveillance. I don't know if FL has citizen arrest laws. All I know is shooting him was a bad call. If I felt strongly enough to get into a fight and a gun was pulled I too would retreat.

Moot point not going to bicker over old news carry on.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

You said " He shot a retreating man where he could have just held him for cops to face an assault charge. "
All I did was ask some questions about your remark.

I am not saying he should have or shouldn't have shot the guy.
I was just asking questions about a remark you made.

No offense intended.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

How is anyone going to 'hold him until the cops arrive'? You going to shoot him in the back if he just gets up and walks away? What are you going to do? Yea....nothing.
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

Thanks BT, no offense taken.

DH, Quick question - if you had a gun pointed at you and knew cops were on way would you walk off or wait? Exactly, do nothing.

As I wrote above I have zero idea about FL as relates to citizens arresting criminals. If on the books and he walked off then one could reason he resisted arrest. Just saying.

Definitely would not have shot him but would be damn sure I filed an assault charge.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

harleypower69 wrote: August 28th, 2019, 8:15 am Thanks BT, no offense taken.

DH, Quick question - if you had a gun pointed at you and knew cops were on way would you walk off or wait? Exactly, do nothing.

As I wrote above I have zero idea about FL as relates to citizens arresting criminals. If on the books and he walked off then one could reason he resisted arrest. Just saying.

Definitely would not have shot him but would be damn sure I filed an assault charge.
I can tell you exactly what I would do...because it's happened. When I had a loaded XD .40 pointed at my head, I was so angry that I mouthed off to the punk tweeker, then put my van in drive and went down the block, pulled over and had the cops there in 30 seconds. They dragged him out of his house and off to jail he went with a Felony Assault with a Deadly Weapon charge.
g5m

Post by g5m »

This is a very interesting thread.
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

Doc Holliday wrote: August 28th, 2019, 9:29 am

I can tell you exactly what I would do...because it's happened. When I had a loaded XD .40 pointed at my head, I was so angry that I mouthed off to the punk tweeker, then put my van in drive and went down the block, pulled over and had the cops there in 30 seconds. They dragged him out of his house and off to jail he went with a Felony Assault with a Deadly Weapon charge.
Job well done and glad you lived to tell the tale.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

harleypower69 wrote: August 30th, 2019, 9:38 am
Doc Holliday wrote: August 28th, 2019, 9:29 am

Job well done and glad you lived to tell the tale.
Not really...in hindsight, I shouldn't have run my mouth the way I did, it could have driven him to pull the trigger....it's just that I was so damn angry that he was endangering my life for nothing...I wasn't aware of what was going on around me, otherwise I may have seen him approach...and gotten out of their before the confrontation...gotta pay attention to your surroundings...'Victim of Gun Violence'?...yea, I guess so, but I hope one day the kid gets straightened out and even gets his Gun Rights back, once he's learned responsible gun ownership...