Does your workplace get bomb threats? Then maybe don't keep guns there.

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Does your workplace get bomb threats? Then maybe don't keep guns there.

Post by Suck My Glock »

Guy who had an office at a hospital kept a bunch of guns in his office closet. A bomb threat was called in. Bomb-sniffing canines searched the hospital. They hit on his closet. This was New Jersey,...so straight to jail, do not pass GO.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2022/08/cache ... ested.html

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Does your workplace get bomb threats? Then maybe don't keep guns there.

Post by XJThrottle »

So, it was because of the type of firearm and mags, not that they were actually in the hospital.

The article reads a bit funky. One part says they were in "unsecured storage", while later it says it was in a locked office. He was the Director of Marketing, but was not an employee. Just a consultant.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

XJThrottle wrote: August 9th, 2022, 6:23 am So, it was because of the type of firearm and mags, not that they were actually in the hospital.

The article reads a bit funky. One part says they were in "unsecured storage", while later it says it was in a locked office. He was the Director of Marketing, but was not an employee. Just a consultant.
The point is - bomb-sniffing dogs are also gun-sniffing dogs. No matter where you are or what you're doing, or how legal you are or aren't,...consider what would happen if some nitro-sniffing canine came poking around your space.
kptaylor

Post by kptaylor »

Not really, they're ammo/powder sniffing dogs. If you're really that paranoid, store the ammo separately from the (cleaned) guns. Problem solved!
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

kptaylor wrote: August 9th, 2022, 3:23 pm Not really, they're ammo/powder sniffing dogs. If you're really that paranoid, store the ammo separately from the (cleaned) guns. Problem solved!
A distinction without a difference. The only way your gun doesn't smell of nitrate residue to a dog trained to look for it is if it has never been fired or is recently cleaned. (And I know y'all have filthy guns.)