Tonto closure?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Lwstarks
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Tonto closure?

Post by Lwstarks »

I know that tonto nf has been closed for fire danger but with the rain we’ve had, is it still closed? Link?

Brlux

Re: Tonto closure?

Post by Brlux »

No current fire restrictions. Usually their websight is very clear about when fire restrictions are issued and when they are rescinded. The home page usually has links to the official notice that states dates things take effect, but not this year.

I called the Mesa Range District office earlier today and they said the fire restrictions were dropped 10 days ago.
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

You can get the tonto alerts as an RSS feed. Usually the alerts will notify when the restrictions go into effect and when they are rescinded.

This year I got the alerts when it went from stage 2 back to stage 1 (July 18). I never got an alert that stage 1 was cancelled. I was looking on the website last night and saw the stage 1 alert had its end date changed from September to July 22. However they didn’t modify the order itself. They seem to have done things very oddly this year.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Lwstarks wrote: August 1st, 2022, 10:30 pm I know that tonto nf has been closed for fire danger but with the rain we’ve had, is it still closed? Link?
“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

Why would you ask this question? I can see asking this forum a question which simply can’t be found on the internet. I can see asking this forum for their opinion of a particular gun, gadget, or technique. However asking for information regarding fire restrictions from this forum is ridiculous when it takes less time to simply contact the following and get the information directly from the SOURCE:
A) Go to the Tonto NF website
B) Go to the Tonto NF Twitter account
C) Or if you want to go the fuddy duddy route call any one of their numerous ranger stations and discourse with a Homo sapien life form.

Oh, PS-Does anybody know if wheel chairs are provided for attendees to use at the Crossroads of the West Gun Show at the fairgrounds downtown?
delta6

Post by delta6 »

That Guy wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 9:55 am
Lwstarks wrote: August 1st, 2022, 10:30 pm I know that tonto nf has been closed for fire danger but with the rain we’ve had, is it still closed? Link?
“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

Why would you ask this question? I can see asking this forum a question which simply can’t be found on the internet. I can see asking this forum for their opinion of a particular gun, gadget, or technique. However asking for information regarding fire restrictions from this forum is ridiculous when it takes less time to simply contact the following and get the information directly from the SOURCE:
A) Go to the Tonto NF website
B) Go to the Tonto NF Twitter account
C) Or if you want to go the fuddy duddy route call any one of their numerous ranger stations and discourse with a Homo sapien life form.

Oh, PS-Does anybody know if wheel chairs are provided for attendees to use at the Crossroads of the West Gun Show at the fairgrounds downtown?
A) Yes
B) Yes
C) Yes
NO
thom

Post by thom »

Damn, I thought the question was good. Thanks for all the information on where to look next time.
Lwstarks

Post by Lwstarks »

Thank you for the info.