Defensive Gun Use Incidents - an interactive map

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Defensive Gun Use Incidents - an interactive map

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://datavisualizations.heritage.org ... in-the-us/

Click on a dot and up pops data on the event, often including a local news media report on the incident.

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Defensive Gun Use Incidents - an interactive map

Post by XJThrottle »

An armed society is a a polite society.

Overlay CCW laws on that map.

Side note....

On an errand today I stopped to offer some help to a silver haired gentleman ( I did not know) who seemed to be struggling to change a tire on his BMW in today's heat. He assured me he was capable, his wife was inside getting water (we were in the parking lot of QT), and to thank my parents for raising me right.

Returning home from my errands, I happened to pass said BMW on the road with a spare attached, hazard lights flashing. I hope his wife rewards him for his achievements today.

RAISE YOUR F"N KIDS RIGHT! I might need some 44yo kid to offer to change my tire some day.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I am sure there are more " silver haired " people that can change a tire , then there are earring wearing man bun boys .
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: August 1st, 2022, 4:43 am I am sure there are more " silver haired " people that can change a tire , then there are earring wearing man bun boys .
I'm only 53, but with my spinal injury last year, I'm moving like I'm 73 or even older, and the simple tasks are just incredibly hard now. I was raised right as well, and I have often been the one stopping to help people out before this turn of events that now sees me requiring assistance when something happens. I had a flat a few weeks ago, fortunately right near the house of a friend of my sister. I called sis to see if she might be nearby, and she calls her friend's husband, who left home early after breakfast to come to my assistance. Meanwhile, in the rush to get to work, hundreds of people just drove on by. I feel self-conscious about now being the guy that needs to accept such help, but I truly value the character of the kind of people that do it.