CA Laws are so STUPID!!!!

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Cmoor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: CA Laws are so STUPID!!!!

Post by Cmoor »

I agree with pneuby
The owner should only need to get a copy of the receiving FFl's license they are shipping to.
Package the firearm and include a valid up to date copy of their drivers license with the firearm. The reason for the DL information is so the receiving FFL can log it into their books.
I prefer to ship overnight with tracking and insurance.

I have shipped many firearms to other FFls / manufacturers and gunsmiths without me shipping from an FFL.
I don't know if Ca. has any laws against this practice.

Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Cmoor wrote: July 28th, 2022, 9:20 pm
I don't know if Ca. has any laws against this practice.
You can pretty much bet that if it makes sense , California has a law against it.
Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot »

Agree with a lot of the sentiment here. I left CA myself way back in 1987, which is when he actually bought this gun. He got a "registration" letter in 93 when they really started getting stupid with their laws. He's at the age now where he wants to get rid of some of the stuff he is not legally allowed to leave to family.

So what finally happened was this. He finally found an FFL that has an "assault weapons" license. Apparently there are only a small handful of them in the entire state and pay a fortune for that license. They want $250 just to look at/transfer the weapon and about $60 to ship it to my FFL here in AZ. The seller is just going to deduct that amount from what I will pay him for the gun.

So after over a month of trying to figure this out, it's finally going to happen. I'll post pics of what I'm getting once it arrives.
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

Rescue mission, Tec 9. Behind Enemy Lines.
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

Bigfoot wrote: July 29th, 2022, 5:29 pm Agree with a lot of the sentiment here. I left CA myself way back in 1987, which is when he actually bought this gun. He got a "registration" letter in 93 when they really started getting stupid with their laws. He's at the age now where he wants to get rid of some of the stuff he is not legally allowed to leave to family.

So what finally happened was this. He finally found an FFL that has an "assault weapons" license. Apparently there are only a small handful of them in the entire state and pay a fortune for that license. They want $250 just to look at/transfer the weapon and about $60 to ship it to my FFL here in AZ. The seller is just going to deduct that amount from what I will pay him for the gun.

So after over a month of trying to figure this out, it's finally going to happen. I'll post pics of what I'm getting once it arrives.
What a rip off can they cite the law that requires it to be sent through a dealer?
Sounds like they are just ripping you off..
Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot »

Cmoor wrote: July 30th, 2022, 11:26 am
Bigfoot wrote: July 29th, 2022, 5:29 pm Agree with a lot of the sentiment here. I left CA myself way back in 1987, which is when he actually bought this gun. He got a "registration" letter in 93 when they really started getting stupid with their laws. He's at the age now where he wants to get rid of some of the stuff he is not legally allowed to leave to family.

What a rip off can they cite the law that requires it to be sent through a dealer?
Sounds like they are just ripping you off..
The laws cited are the one's they wrote.
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

The ones who wrote? What is the actual Ca law cited?
curt1950
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by curt1950 »

Take it apart and ship it as parts, I did that years ago to ship a FAL into Ca. The receiver was not named and as parts they couldn't ding it on features because it was just a bunch of parts shipped in two boxes.
All I had to do is put it together when I got the time.
Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot »

curt1950 wrote: August 18th, 2022, 8:06 pm Take it apart and ship it as parts, I did that years ago to ship a FAL into Ca. The receiver was not named and as parts they couldn't ding it on features because it was just a bunch of parts shipped in two boxes.
Finally got it. He found and FFL with an "assault weapons" license.
ooda

Post by ooda »

Face it, those who continue to live in CA are STUPID.
HerrNuguri
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by HerrNuguri »

Bigfoot wrote: August 18th, 2022, 8:30 pm
curt1950 wrote: August 18th, 2022, 8:06 pm Take it apart and ship it as parts, I did that years ago to ship a FAL into Ca. The receiver was not named and as parts they couldn't ding it on features because it was just a bunch of parts shipped in two boxes.
Nice. Did he end up paying the ridiculous fees tho? If your friend is in SoCal area there’s an FFL that can prob help him out, if he ever needs similar stuff done.
Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot »

HerrNuguri wrote: August 20th, 2022, 1:12 am
Bigfoot wrote: August 18th, 2022, 8:30 pm
Nice. Did he end up paying the ridiculous fees tho? If your friend is in SoCal area there’s an FFL that can prob help him out, if he ever needs similar stuff done.
Yeah, the fee was paid. If I or he ever needs one again, I'll hit you up for that FFL.
BloodNGuts

Post by BloodNGuts »

strip it down, ship the parts and then see if they would transfer the receiver?