Went to the range, It was HOT 🥵

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Doc
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Went to the range, It was HOT 🥵

Post by Doc »

82echo wrote: August 6th, 2022, 5:08 pm
That Guy wrote: July 29th, 2022, 2:14 pm
smithers599 wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 7:45 pm I went to Ben Avery on Thursday.
Don't be no fool. No t-shirts and shorts. Cover up as much skin as you can. Big floppy hat with the neck scarf in back.
Pro tip: soak your shirt in water, and put it on dripping wet. You will actually be chilly as it evaporates. Coolness, and protection against sunburn and skin cancer.
That advice makes beyond no sense. I go out to BLACK CANYON (what we called the place “back in the day”) in the summer all the time-been doing so since Jack Williams was governor and Ben Avery had a outdoor column in the local newspaper. You seriously wear a big Snowbird hat PLUS neck scarf and soak your shirt with water to spend 100 minutes (that’s the maximum time you can reserve a slot on the Public Range now) in the shade!? What’s next-dressing up like the “Invisible Man” or T.E. Lawrence!? The only time you’re in the sun is going from your car to the line, and then posting and retrieving targets-that’s like ten minutes total. You’re not trekking across Death Valley for Chrissakes! Oh wait-I know, you’re covering up cuz’ your a VAMPIRE! In that case I retract my snarky comments as I don’t wanna see nobody catch fire when there is ammunition close by. :dance:
You're showing your age my friend. My father brought me out to the Black Canyon back in the mid-60s to teach me how to shoot and firearm safety. I think it was renamed to Ben Avery around 96-97 when G&F took it over.
Could you kindly take this to the “life in the 1900’s” thread. 😜

Doc

Post by Doc »

Well. Went out again today. There were a gaggle phuck of fellows out there today.

Made me feel good seeing a solid show of force.

The heat didn’t claim any victims. Seemed everyone had a cooler and was offering others drinks.

Felt good.

But sucked. Lol
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Thanks for the wawa, bro. I thought I brought enough with two 40oz hydroflask thingies, but no. That bottle you gave me was just enough to get me home without having to hit the Circle K on the way home.

I think I have a full-blown dairy in my pants.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Thanks for the wawa, bro. I thought I brought enough with two 40oz hydroflask thingies, but no. That bottle you gave me was just enough to get me home without having to hit the Circle K on the way home.

Oops.
Bolt guns at the range, full auto double taps on the keyboard...
Doc

Post by Doc »

Jack Dupp wrote: August 7th, 2022, 7:16 pm Thanks for the wawa, bro. I thought I brought enough with two 40oz hydroflask thingies, but no. That bottle you gave me was just enough to get me home without having to hit the Circle K on the way home.

Oops.
Bolt guns at the range, full auto double taps on the keyboard...
Next time bring an extra gallon. We didn’t even leave the city. 😂
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Went yesterday, had the range to myself, heat is good.