Palmetto State Armory

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Slater
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Palmetto State Armory

Post by Slater »

This is one of those brands where you hear everything from "Damn fine rifle" to "Avoid all PSA products". Anyone with any positive/negative experiences with PSA?

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Palmetto State Armory

Post by XJThrottle »

Of the AR's in my collection, the PSA upper fitted 80%'re gets the most rounds through it. no complaints.
Desert_viper

Post by Desert_viper »

Priced competitively. Smoking deals go fast. Expect products to go out of stock on non ar items. Customer service has got a lot better. If you know you know.
Isnake

Post by Isnake »

Palmetto whore here. Their warranty is sweet but you will have small issues. My castle nut on my PA10 came loose, I didn’t realize it fast enough and it beat my buffer tube threads to death. Twice they sent me a a buffer tube for an AR15 so far but im sure the new (3rd one) will fit. They dont want the old ones back either. Anyone need an ar buffer tube?
Desert_viper

Post by Desert_viper »

Isnake wrote: May 24th, 2022, 3:56 pm Palmetto whore here. Their warranty is sweet but you will have small issues. My castle nut on my PA10 came loose, I didn’t realize it fast enough and it beat my buffer tube threads to death. Twice they sent me a a buffer tube for an AR15 so far but im sure the new (3rd one) will fit. They dont want the old ones back either. Anyone need an ar buffer tube?
Pmd
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

Many years ago when it was easy to get humans on the phone . I bought ammo they sent wrong ammo. Immediate shipment of correct ammo. Sold the wrong ammo at 1/2 price. Won me over been eyeing their rifles as of late.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

PSA lower build last year, no regrets
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

Bought a complete AR pistol from them over a year ago. No issues whatsoever
FullMetalChef
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by FullMetalChef »

I have one PSA lower. Haven’t had it more than 2 years. Works flawless.

You never notice the people that have so much to say about PSA don’t have any first-hand experience. It’s all hearsay.
AZHTfreak

Post by AZHTfreak »

I have a mix of PSA, AP and BCM milspec forged uppers and they fit all of my PSA and AP milspec forged lowers. Also completely interchangeable with a couple LaRue billet receiver sets. Total whore for PSAs lower rollmarks, they're addictive! I haven't had a single fitment issue with PSAs receivers over the past 10+ years.
AZHTfreak

Post by AZHTfreak »

Manitu wrote: May 24th, 2022, 5:27 pm Many years ago when it was easy to get humans on the phone . I bought ammo they sent wrong ammo. Immediate shipment of correct ammo. Sold the wrong ammo at 1/2 price. Won me over been eyeing their rifles as of late.
I just had to deal with their CS last month for a cancel and a return. Easy peasy, filled out the online email form referencing the order numbers and got the rma and credits to my CC inside a week...
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

If you sign up for activejunky, and buy at PSA through their sight, you get 2% back...
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I guess it depends on what you intend to do with it.

I own a couple of guns that have PSA parts in them - both function very well - no complaints. One is the gun that I've shot in Accurized AR matches. It is a build that includes their upper with a heavy 18" 1:7 223 Wylde barrel and one of their better nickel boron BCGs. While I've not performed very well in those matches I've never felt that it was the gun letting me down (lots of saved rounds from not getting crosshairs on targets fast enough). From a bench, when I take my time and do my part it consistantly shoots sub MOA groups. The other is a .300BK plinker. Both have functioned flawlessly. So - IMHO - their stuff has been plenty good for my sporting purposes.

If I were looking for a duty carbine I'd buy something that's tested, as a unit, at a higher level (e.g. a DD, Sig, Colt, etc. rifle).

Just my 2 cents.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

I have bought a lot from PSA. Got a lot of good deals on many different things. I have built about a dozen AR's from PSA receivers and have had no issues. Friend has a PSA build 9mm Carbine, the c-clip on the dust cover was missing. First time he shot it the rod slipped out and lost the spring. PSA sent new parts ASAP. I wasn't thrilled that they missed that step but it can happen.
Racewin

Post by Racewin »

I think they are generally a good value. That said, I recently did a transfer for a 6.5 Creedmoor someone bought and the QC was lacking. It had a number of decent scuff marks and it just looked slapped together really quickly and thrown out the door as soon as possible.

So, they would would not be my first (or second) choice if I needed to count on it in an emergency or was competing, I think they are a good value for plinking around or trying something new. Others may have had different experiences though.