Palmetto State Armory

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Sparky42180
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: Palmetto State Armory

Post by Sparky42180 »

I have bought a lot of stuff through PSA. Out of the four uppers I have bought, I had issues with two.

I do not think that 50% rate is typical. I know other people that have their AR’s and they total another 20-30 and have not heard anyone else have an issue.

A 20” I got from them was still shooting 4” to the right at 20 yards even after maxing out the site adjustment.

Another had a rail that would not accept a magpul rear sight.

Customer service replaced may 20” within a week. And they offered to replace the upper that the sight would not fit on. I decided to just file down the sight so that it would fit the rail.

Their CS and shipping time have greatly improved over the years. So as far as quality, I have no issues with them as I have confidence that if I do receive a bad product, I will be taken care of.

As a side note, the company is focused on getting AR rifles in as many hands as possible and they have done a good job of that.

They have also purchased an ammo company and are expanding it to include steel case AK ammo.

Great company, I will continue to purchase from them.

tunnug
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by tunnug »

Happy long time customer, everything has worked as it should, even their blemished, can't even tell what the blemish is, my son bought a complete rifle, couldn't be happier, especially for the price he paid (cheap).
Arplatform

Post by Arplatform »

I run a PSA 10.5 sbr'd upper on a spikes lower and my 2 cents is you will not find a better rifle for the price. In the dark it feels like my bushmaster and my geisselle. I have never had an issue with it and was just looking at a spikes lower today thinking it would go nice with a PSA 14.5 pinned..
QuangTri

Post by QuangTri »

Bought some small stuff from PSA over the years. Was ok I suppose. Then, I ordered an AR upper with 16" SS barrel. Assembled to my lower and it sat during the ammo shortage. During that time, decided to free float the barrel.

Did so and took it out to shoot some weeks back. Absolutely terrible. Could not get enough shots close enough (4-6") to call a group to adjust sights. This was only 50 yards and no group? I am a fairly good shot.

Borescope showed a very bad throat reaming job. Posted about it and PSA emailed me without asking. Ended up they would only look at the farqued up barrel if i reassembled the upper as shipped. Would not just look at the barrel. I did send them some bore-scope shots, showing the ridiculous throat with lands missing and starting all over the place.

Refuse to go through all that and told them they were history. Will build my own from now on and ordered a quality barrel to fix things.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

My only complaint with PSA is that they tease us with perfect products, then don't release them.

The JAKL in .300blk

The AR-mag converted AK556 with gas regulator,...finally released with no gas regulator.

The PSA5 affordable MP5 clone,...still missing in action.
Slater

Post by Slater »

Picked up this PSA Plain-Jane A4 clone the other day. Fit & finish seem first rate, but I probably won't get to shoot it for a while. I believe these are the "fat" handguards?

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Looks like they jazzed up the new boxes.
Slater

Post by Slater »

Yeah, I believe they used to be just plain brown cardboard.
brandonsmash

Post by brandonsmash »

I've purchased a number of firearms from PSA, including PSA-specific and other name-brand guns. I've built a number of ARs with PSA parts and have never had a problem with anything I've purchased from them.

Back in 2018 it was the "summer of the AR" and I was building complete guns for under $300.

I miss those days.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Suck My Glock wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:19 pm My only complaint with PSA is that they tease us with perfect products, then don't release them.

The JAKL in .300blk

The AR-mag converted AK556 with gas regulator,...finally released with no gas regulator.

The PSA5 affordable MP5 clone,...still missing in action.
YES, The elusive PSA5, they shelved it to "fix" the dam AK-V 9mm. That had to have been 4 years ago. I read an article that since the panic has led to empty shelves, most companies are making the products they already have instead of developing new stuff.
AZM9

Post by AZM9 »

I absolutely love and enjoy the PSA upper I have mated to a Sionics lower. In fact I am trying to locate a PSA complete or upper to create the retro M16. They are always out of stock. Very maddening.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

https://palmettostatearmory.com/
4TH OF JULY SALE!
ONE OF THE MANY EMAILS SENT TO ME EVERYDAY
oldslurrydog1

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

Slater wrote: May 24th, 2022, 3:22 pm This is one of those brands where you hear everything from "Damn fine rifle" to "Avoid all PSA products". Anyone with any positive/negative experiences with PSA?
I have had no issues with PSA products.
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

I have an AR10 and AK74 from them that have both been excellent.
bldr60

Post by bldr60 »

AZM9 wrote: June 25th, 2022, 8:18 pm I absolutely love and enjoy the PSA upper I have mated to a Sionics lower. In fact I am trying to locate a PSA complete or upper to create the retro M16. They are always out of stock. Very maddening.
https://hr1871.com/ Suppose to be hitting the shelves soon, but we have heard that before. Fingers crossed.