Quality over quantity? The change in my collection..

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Kingjoey
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Quality over quantity? The change in my collection..

Post by Kingjoey »

I got cheap guns, I got expensive guns, I got rare guns, I got common guns. I don't discriminate, I accumulate

Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

There is a lot to be said about where your guns go when you go.

My wife and I went to our lawyers just yesterday to have a trust updated in the case of our demise.
To make it simple , I have no one to leave my guns too.
So I have to decide who will dispose of my guns when I die.
I either find someone to will them too , or someone to be responsible for selling them at a fair market value , and the money goes to my estate.

I am thinking maybe I can just sell everything else and buy ammo.
Then I will go out and melt the barrels off all my guns.
Then it won't matter what happens to them.
My luck though , I will live another 10 years and be penniless and without a gun.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

I need to see what the legal requirements are to ensure that when I kick the ol' bucket - that they construct a "Game of thrones" style throne out of my collection and bury me with it.

lol
Doc

Post by Doc »

Kingjoey wrote: April 27th, 2022, 3:27 pm Only 16 guns? You gotta have a problem before coming here looking for solutions 😄
Guy just came to an AA meeting and admitted he just dank his first wine cooler……ever. 😂🤣😂
Doc

Post by Doc »

knockonit wrote: April 27th, 2022, 5:10 pm lol, needing to get collection to under 500 units….
Got any R700 long actions in that pile of fun? Or is it all machineguns and Coca-Cola w cocaine?
Mauserk98k

Post by Mauserk98k »

I have had high end guns in the past (colt python, ed brown kobra). I guess i just need a few less tool type guns and a few more trophy type guns to make the collection feel right again...
Mauserk98k

Post by Mauserk98k »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 27th, 2022, 5:51 pm There is a lot to be said about where your guns go when you go.

My wife and I went to our lawyers just yesterday to have a trust updated in the case of our demise.
To make it simple , I have no one to leave my guns too.
So I have to decide who will dispose of my guns when I die.
I either find someone to will them too , or someone to be responsible for selling them at a fair market value , and the money goes to my estate.

I am thinking maybe I can just sell everything else and buy ammo.
Then I will go out and melt the barrels off all my guns.
Then it won't matter what happens to them.
My luck though , I will live another 10 years and be penniless and without a gun.
Very sorry to hear about your situation, i once bought a ww2 rare mauser from man with cancer. He has been collecting his whole life, it was kind of a sad for the both of us. I still enjoy that gun to this day and its one i hope to never sell...
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Mauserk98k wrote: April 27th, 2022, 2:19 am Hello,

I have about 16 guns and each one was bought with a reason in mind for that particular gun to use. However i have bought back ups for guns i use a lot that are still unfired/guns i don't exactly need then. Now i'm selling off a lot of guns i don't use to buy a colt python and nicer 1911 of some sort...
(even tough i have the cash to do it without selling anything off)

Would you cut your collection way down and focus on the higher end stuff you want? The funny thing is my first two handguns were a 1981 colt python and colt rail gun lol. I was too smart for my own good back then. The python was out of timing so i sold it off at a large profit but regretted it immensely. The colt rail gun was jamming and i didnt know to maintain 1911's with maintenance at certain round points so traded it off and told the guy about the issues...

Just feel like it might be a good idea to get a heirloom type pistol whether it be a python or a wilson combat cqb (i'm still getting a rail gun regaudless lol).. What would you guys do in my spot?

-Zack

You don't have a lot of guns, you have some you're thinking of selling. You do you if it makes you happy.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

sorry Doc, only have one 300 wm left and i'll be keeping it, but will keep an eye out on possible unit and or ammo.

best for the remainder of week
rj
Vinnie B

Post by Vinnie B »

I can think of a few that I have sold that I wish I had back. I like to keep quality and quantity I DO NOT discriminate. Not sure how many I even have, nor do I care really. I do know I have 3 more as of last Saturday thanks to RJ
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Vinnie B wrote: April 28th, 2022, 5:58 am I can think of a few that I have sold that I wish I had back. I like to keep quality and quantity I DO NOT discriminate. Not sure how many I even have, nor do I care really. I do know I have 3 more as of last Saturday thanks to RJ
The few I've sold I only wish I could get back so I could sell them for more $$ :mrgreen: Oh, and I'm up one more because of RJ :dance:

Clyde
Vinnie B

Post by Vinnie B »

kenpoprofessor wrote: April 28th, 2022, 6:01 am
Vinnie B wrote: April 28th, 2022, 5:58 am I can think of a few that I have sold that I wish I had back. I like to keep quality and quantity I DO NOT discriminate. Not sure how many I even have, nor do I care really. I do know I have 3 more as of last Saturday thanks to RJ
The few I've sold I only wish I could get back so I could sell them for more $$ :mrgreen: Oh, and I'm up one more because of RJ :dance:

Clyde
It is hard to walk away from a place like that empty handed that's for sure.

Now if he could just find some extra mags laying around for that M1 lol
Doc

Post by Doc »

knockonit wrote: April 28th, 2022, 5:15 am sorry Doc, only have one 300 wm left and i'll be keeping it, but will keep an eye out on possible unit and or ammo.

best for the remainder of week
rj
Appreciate it RJ!
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

I typically never buy a gun I plan to sell but my interests do change over the years and Ill sell something based on that but will always use the money to put back into something else. There are a couple I kinda wished I never sold but such as life. If I really wanted it back I could go on the hunt for one again. I typically like to buy stuff thats useful(carry piece, rifle, shotgun etc) then all others just fun to shoot. I tend to stick within my calibers I already own simply for ammo simplicity. Of course you have your favorites you always shoot but its nice to bust out something different for yourself or someone else to shoot as well.