9mm AR pistol

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
vvalter_vvhite
ArizonaShooting.org Member

9mm AR pistol

Post by vvalter_vvhite »

I am getting the bug again... now want to get an AR pistol in 9mm... because 300 AAC ammo is asspensive.

pro's and cons ?

YNOTAZ

Re: 9mm AR pistol

Post by YNOTAZ »

AR9s are great. I haven't seen one that didn't run well. Mag choices are Colt smg mags or Glock. You will likely want some form of brace to gain 3 points of contact.

For the brace you will require an engineering degree, a lawyer, and a mathematician, so as to not go afoul of the new Crap the ATF rammed through.
vvalter_vvhite

Post by vvalter_vvhite »

YNOTAZ wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 1:58 pm

For the brace you will require an engineering degree, a lawyer, and a mathematician, so as to not go afoul of the new Crap the ATF rammed through.
WTF? Did they change anything again? I have a few Ar15 pistols with SBA3 brace, I hope, I ma not breaking any new rule .
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

vvalter_vvhite wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 8:59 pm
YNOTAZ wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 1:58 pm

WTF? Did they change anything again? I have a few Ar15 pistols with SBA3 brace, I hope, I ma not breaking any new rule .
Stay up with the current happenings, ignorance is not bliss when you get pulled over and find they've passed an ex post facto "rule".

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/ex_post_facto

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

The radial-delay system of the CMMG Banshee is superior. And that's not just my opinion. It is science, bich!

There are 3 mag types available for the RDB system; Colt mags, Glock mags or (as I chose) Mean Arms EndoMags, which are converted Magpuls and allow you to use a regular rifle-style magwell. (You need the version of EndoMag specific to the RDB system that doesn't have the ejector in the mag). In my experience, the feed ramp is less severe than any other design and feeds every hollow-point style I have fed this sucker. And it means I can use my 9mm upper on any registered select-fire or SBR without modification to it.

The Radial Delay Blowback system also works well with suppressors and reduced back-gassing much like a roller-delayed system.

I love mine and am evangelical about it.
G34

Post by G34 »

Unless you train enough to justify the added expense of a reliable PCC plus optic plus mags then I’d say they are useless. Most guys that conceal a banshee in a backpack can’t run a pistol to save there life. So they offset skill but buying other gear. And then they still are slow with the PCC.
You’d spend around 1500 outfitting a PCC when you could use all that for ammo training and modifying your main rig.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

vvalter_vvhite wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 8:59 pm WTF? Did they change anything again? I have a few Ar15 pistols with SBA3 brace, I hope, I ma not breaking any new rule .
Ummm, Yeah... This has the rule starting on page 3 for 14 pages with examples on how to calculate the score that will or will not make you a federal felon:

BAT F%^ck rule
vvalter_vvhite

Post by vvalter_vvhite »

I'm f'd !
aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

YNOTAZ wrote: April 4th, 2022, 8:04 am
vvalter_vvhite wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 8:59 pm WTF? Did they change anything again? I have a few Ar15 pistols with SBA3 brace, I hope, I ma not breaking any new rule .
Ummm, Yeah... This has the rule starting on page 3 for 14 pages with examples on how to calculate the score that will or will not make you a federal felon:

BAT F%^ck rule
https://www.atf.gov/file/154866/download

Here's the worksheet if you want to print it out. Just add up the points. Some terms are a little vague though. At least to me. Like what's a "secondary grip"? Are grip panels on the rail a "secondary grip"?

A lot of BS just to have a brace. Perhaps no brace + sling tension is good enough. Or, as some people are suggesting, a standard buffer tube and a crutch tip or tennis ball. Or maybe a piece of PVC pipe as long as you need with a "T" on the end. Most pistol buffer tubes are 1.25" in diameter. They sell 1.25 and 1.5 PVC pipe at the home stores.
vvalter_vvhite

Post by vvalter_vvhite »

aroyobob wrote: April 4th, 2022, 9:26 pm
YNOTAZ wrote: April 4th, 2022, 8:04 am

BAT F%^ck rule
https://www.atf.gov/file/154866/download

Here's the worksheet if you want to print it out. Just add up the points. Some terms are a little vague though. At least to me. Like what's a "secondary grip"? Are grip panels on the rail a "secondary grip"?

A lot of BS just to have a brace. Perhaps no brace + sling tension is good enough. Or, as some people are suggesting, a standard buffer tube and a crutch tip or tennis ball. Or maybe a piece of PVC pipe as long as you need with a "T" on the end. Most pistol buffer tubes are 1.25" in diameter. They sell 1.25 and 1.5 PVC pipe at the home stores.

Thanks, I have already added up my score based on the earlier posts... hence my post just above yours... maybe now will I get accused of "intent" if I have SBA3 in possession... Fk teh ATF, and Fk biden!
baja

Post by baja »

I thought this 'rule' was not yet in effect, just proposed. Plus, I'm sure there are/will be lawsuits which will delay or reverse it
AZHTfreak

Post by AZHTfreak »

Whole AFT brace thing is a fugazi hoop jumping exercise meant to fail, and if your config passes, they'll just deem it illegal because they can. FAFT...
vvalter_vvhite

Post by vvalter_vvhite »

baja wrote: April 6th, 2022, 12:42 pm I thought this 'rule' was not yet in effect, just proposed. Plus, I'm sure there are/will be lawsuits which will delay or reverse it
Oh, I thought it is in effect already :think:
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Actually there are a couple that use MP-5 mags as well.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
Bayoureject
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Bayoureject »

I have one I run a barrel I salvaged (cut and recrowned) and cut down a carbon fiber FFT. Because i can screw the FFT on and off I change it from 9mm to 40sw with a barrel and bolt change with G22 mags