People In Poland Are Learning to Shoot AK-47s to Prepare for a Russian Invasion

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

People In Poland Are Learning to Shoot AK-47s to Prepare for a Russian Invasion

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7w5bn/ ... GmZh9lqkLU

Shortly after Russia first invaded Ukraine in February, Polish civilians started flocking to shooting ranges to learn how to use AK-47s, Glocks, and more.

WARSAW, Poland — Scared that Russian President Vladimir Putin will eventually target them, Polish civilians, many of them women, are flocking to gun ranges so they can learn how to shoot Glocks and AK-47s.

The number of people coming to shoot guns has tripled at Strzelnica Warszawianka, a gun range and shooting school in the Polish capital Warsaw that’s tucked in a basement underneath a swimming pool, since the war erupted, one instructor told VICE World News.

“Due to Russia’s invasion in Ukraine, there are more and more people wanting to learn how to use weapons and shoot,” Marcin Chewiński said in Polish. “They’re scared for their own family and themselves. They want to learn how to use weapons because it’s unknown what will happen in Poland.”

The same is happening elsewhere in Poland. In Włocławek, a city 150 kilometres northwest of Warsaw, broadcaster TVN reported that a shooting range set up a program to teach civilians how to defend themselves after it started receiving hundreds of requests for help when Russia first invaded Ukraine in February.

Most often, people want to learn how to use AK-47 rifles—a firearm that’s banned in some countries—but smaller pistols—Glocks, Makarovs—are popular too, said Chewiński, who’s been shooting since he was a kid.

“Generally, we have the same weapons that Ukrainians or Russians have.”

Ukrainians in Poland who had never shot a gun before showed up at Strzelnica Warszawianka during the early weeks of the war so they could learn before heading out to the front line.

“We helped them learn. I hope they survive the war,” Chewiński said.

Today, many Poles are preparing for a Russian invasion because they understand Russian aggression and imperialism intimately. They and people living in nearby post-Soviet countries are worried Russia will attack them next.

In Poland, gun laws are fairly strict, so owning one isn’t easy: it takes months to go through all the prerequisite background checks, and some firearms have to be registered with police. But Chewiński said Poland’s government will likely loosen the restriction soon, which will make owning a gun easier. “Of course to access weapons you’ll have to get psychiatric clearance. You can’t just show your ID and buy a weapon,” he said.

Chewiński said all sorts of people are coming into the shooting range, with women often outnumbering men. “Women who are starting out and come to us shoot more precisely than men at the start. They’re more calm and collected,” he said.

Ania Bronowicka, 36, has been shooting at Strzelnica Warszawianka for six years. She said “lately more and more” women are showing up.

“They want to know how to shoot, you know. In case anything happens then it’s important to know how to operate weapons,” Bronowicka said. “But I think it’s also a great idea for spending free time and to meet great people.”

The centre has been so busy that Bronowicka called ahead on Wednesday to find out how busy it was. “I even asked if it’s worth coming down… It wasn’t like that. Before there was always room,” Bronowicka said.

Firewhenready7

Re: People In Poland Are Learning to Shoot AK-47s to Prepare for a Russian Invasion

Post by Firewhenready7 »

Why wait for a war to train?
Suck My Glock

Re: People In Poland Are Learning to Shoot AK-47s to Prepare for a Russian Invasion

Post by Suck My Glock »

Firewhenready7 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 9:02 am Why wait for a war to train?
European tradition.

And the Poles successfully killed off most of the people who learned the lesson the hard way last time.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

Poles are preparing for a Russian invasion because they understand Russian aggression and imperialism intimately
yep, it's a shame our leaders don't see it that way
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

If most of the population owns and knows how to use an AK-47 (or other rifles) other countries will think twice before invading them.

One of my favorite quotes, even though it might not be real. (Lots of debate on this quote if it is real or not.)

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto -“I would never invade America, there is a gun behind every blade of grass.”
deadshot556

Post by deadshot556 »

Training is good, but Russia wont make it that far.
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

deadshot556 wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 1:53 pm Training is good, but Russia wont make it that far.
Yea, I'm pretty sure attacking a NATO ally at this point would be the end of Putin. I can only guess what his Generals would be thinking before they rousted the runt.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

campinginaz wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:34 pm If most of the population owns and knows how to use an AK-47 (or other rifles) other countries will think twice before invading them.

One of my favorite quotes, even though it might not be real. (Lots of debate on this quote if it is real or not.)

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto -“I would never invade America, there is a gun behind every blade of grass.”
https://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/

Clyde
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Dang,...that's disappointing. I've heard that quote since I was knee high to a grasshopper, and I thought it was true. Heck, my daddy's uncle George who served in the Pacific in the Bushmasters was one of the folks I heard repeat that.
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

kenpoprofessor wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 6:35 pm
campinginaz wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:34 pm If most of the population owns and knows how to use an AK-47 (or other rifles) other countries will think twice before invading them.

https://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/

Clyde
I've read that one and a few like it. That's why I said there is a lot of debate on this. I like the principle of the quote either way though. :)
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Coming from a fact check site that says the Covid shot is a "vaccine" and says it will prevent you from getting it I would say I don't really care or trust what they think.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

SupportTheSecond wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:55 am Coming from a fact check site that says the Covid shot is a "vaccine" and says it will prevent you from getting it I would say I don't really care or trust what they think.
You and your damned logical reasoning. :D
Half Cocked

Post by Half Cocked »

Better to be prepared since Vladolf Putler is militarizing the Russian youth with his Yunarmiya (Putler Youth). Brainwashing starts at at young age in Putler's USSR 2.0.

Putler youth.jpg