Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

Post by Suck My Glock »

Bren 2s with suppressors, dude on right has a FORT 12 pistol in his chest rig. Dude on right has the less common new camo pattern I have decided to call "Digital Rhodesian".

With Crimea separated from the rest of Ukraine by swamps and open water, and with as much river and ocean waterfront Ukraine has, they have always needed a naval commando force and frogmen. The Navy Seals aren't too keen on inviting outsiders into their training rotations to share shop secrets, although the British Special Boat Squadrons, Germany's Kommando Spezialkräfte Marine Kampfschwimmerz and Israel's Shayetet-13 are some exceptions to that rule. These Ukrainian frogmen have been spending time in Germany being tutored by the Kampfschwimmers and are rumored to be getting further tutoring in country out of the Odessa main port, primarily, conducting anti-infiltration and anti-sabotage security patrols and drills, and simultaneously honing their skills to do exactly that themselves at Sevastopol and other Crimean targets. The Holy Grail being somehow getting at the pylons holding up the Kerch Straight Bridge and blowing those. Rumor has it that the entire reason Russia got paranoid with the idea of an amphibious invasion of the Crimean coast and spent all that time and effort digging trenches on the beaches and deploying troops up and down that coast is because of all the midnight raids these frogmen have been executing. They are all supposedly small events that have escaped the notice of the press. But Russia seems to be taking them VERY seriously. Here we see them with some basic M4 carbines and Draeger rebreathers.

More Bren 2s with riverine raiders

Lots of probing attacks and constantly harassing the swamp-stationed Russians along the Dnipro River. Nothing mows the grass quite like a .50

Another Ruger Precision Rifle covering the plains of Zaporizhzhia.

Russian remotely piloted ground robot, armed with a 7.62x54R belt-fed PKT vehicle gun undergoing trials. No reports yet of these being deployed to Ukraine, but no doubt that is coming.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ever seen the transit case a brand new Mk19 40mm grenade launcher comes in?

More FN SCAR-Ls

A Ukrainian airborne troopie cleaning his HK416 in the field.

Hey ma, look what I found!
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

More Spanish surplus Cetme-L rifles with Ukrainian border guards seen in a rear training area.

Ok,...not a gun, but ingenious none the less, and I find it interesting. The Ukrainians are calling these modified anti-tank mines "Enterprise" mines, because they resemble the saucer section of the starship Enterprise, and they fly,...or at least towards their target when dropped by drone. And the Russians have littered the countryside with hundreds of thousands of these, which the Ukrainians can literally just pick up off the ground and throw at the Russians. Easily retrofitted in the field without need of sending these back to a depot for conversion, the longer section of PVC pipe with an empty water bottle on it is the stabilizing drogue that ensures it falls onto the impact fuse on the opposite side. The other shorter piece of PVC has a little computer fan attached that spins as the mine falls, creating the electrical current to fire the detonator upon closing the circuit on impact. Unlike the smaller grenade-sized munitions dropped by smaller drones, these monsters are equivalent to somewhere between an 81mm and 120mm mortar in explosive payload, with potential to collapse some poorly constructed bunkers and dugouts.

AR10 types aren't the only modern recent production 7.62NATO battle rifles in Ukraine. Along with the CZ Bren2 in 5.56, CZ has also supplied a smaller number of Bren2 BRs. (I think BR stands for "Battle Rifle", but not certain.) This is one of them.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

A privately owned IWI semi-auto rifle in Ukraine.

Barrett M99 in the corn field,....

The Russians have lain so many anti-tank mines along likely routes a vehicle might go, that traveling by horse is often safer, because you can take paths that are unlikely for any vehicle and have a reduced likelihood of getting shwacked. A few mobile medics have resorted to commandeering abandoned horses left behind after farmers flee the combat and use them to respond to calls for help. (It is also a tactic to deny the Russians fresh food, because they have often slain and butchered and eaten every animal they get their hands on because resupply is so bad.) So when your unit calls for the cavalry,...that just might be exactly what you get. The nickname for these medics are "cowboys", not only because they ride in and save the day, but because it takes balls to go alone into a combat zone where Russians would love to obliterate you.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Belorusian KGB apprehended saboteur cells that were planning to attack the railways in Stowbtsy (Minsk Region) and Talachyn (Vitebsk Region). The saboteurs were allegedly operating as a part of Ukrainian Forces. Railway sabotage in Belarus was key in early 2022 to stalling the trains full of Russian troops and gear positioned there that never was able to get into the fight. The trains were loaded with the fuel the pre-positioned convoys needed to attack. But the trains were stalled due to the sabotage and the fuel never got up to the line. These agents were apprehended with SIG 320s fitted with bare suppressors with no markings. No word on what markings the blocks of TNT did or didn't have. Plausible deniability only goes so far. Regardless of whether those captured turn out to be Ukrainian, Belorussian or Polish,...the pistols most likely originated in South Carolina.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

An American volunteer with a suppressed Springfield Armory Saint Victor sporting a Vortex Crossfire II.

A Taiwanese volunteer with his CZ Bren 2.

Nothing attracts black pussy like a SASS M110
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Yep,...all that trigger time at Big Sandy learning how to knock RC aircraft out of the sky turns out to be an essential skill in today's use of kamikaze drone warfare. Just ask this poor Rooskie rag doll that's now shredded all over the corn field.

ELCAN Hi-Mag mounted to a SNIPEX T-Rex 14.5x114mm

American volunteer with M240 at the range.

Former Marine American volunteer with Canadian donated ATV sporting a "Sabre" robotic weapons station on the back. Typically, these are outfitted with a 7.62x54R PKT belt-fed and operated using an X-box video game controller. This allows the scout on the ATV to cruise along investigating his territory until he draws fire,...then dismounts and seeks cover, yet hoses down the source of fire with the RWS still sticking up high and able to exploit the angle.

An MDT chassis rifle
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here we see an early Aghanistan-era Polish GROT rifle, from the first full production batch in 2017, which were issued to Polish SF units rotating to Afghanistan. After that initial first production run, all GROT rifles produced afterward were in basic black. Most of the desert tan GROTs that returned from there were donated to Ukraine last year. It seems the rifle here may have been battle damaged and had its lower receiver replaced.

Yes, tigerstripe cammies in Ukraine are a thing. There is an awful lot of waterfront swampy bog terrain along the Dnipro and northern Crimea. Marine and SF raiders are continuously operating in that terrain, which is rather similar to the Everglades or the grassy reeds of the Vietnamese waterways along the Mekong.

HK MG5 first seen in Ukraine at the range with a Greek volunteer.
trailboss60

Post by trailboss60 »

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Shooting a .50 is loud enough as it is,...but shooting one in an enclosed space?!?! I'm going deaf just thinking about it. (Ignore the first box. Go down to the second one and click on the center to play the video.)

Barrett MRAD on the sniper range in Lyman.

Apparently the troops in the field using the CZ Bren 2 are pleased with it. Enough so that Ukraine is in the midst of negotiating a manufacturing agreement with the Czechs.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Who says the plain old AK isn't useful on the modern battlefield? Here's footage of a Ukrainian taking out running Russians at distance with iron sights last year north of Kiev.

Romanian PSL bullpup marksman rifles donated to Ukraine.

Ukraine is obviously not a rich country, so they can only do so much. However, killing Russians wherever they happen to be is something many Ukrainians are motivated to make happen. So since the coming winter is going to put a halt to many things, why not send some snipers to Sudan to shwack Russians there? Keep the boys' skills sharp and make sure no place is safe for the enemy. Bleed em' where and when you can.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

The new developments in Israel have dominated all the news feeds, so not much imagery coming out of Ukraine right now. So this is all I got for the moment.

Another civilian-origin Norinco QBZ Type 95 5.56nato bullpup being pressed into service in Ukraine. Just click on the play button below.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

A pair of Barret MRADs in country.

More FN SCAR-Ls on the line

When you don't want them to hear you launching the grenades on their azz,...

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

smithers599

Post by smithers599 »