Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Crippledtrigger
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Yep love this thread regardless of ol sour puss thoughts . Lol

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

A brand spanking new LMT "Shorty Forty".

Here we see a Polish PALLAD wz.74 40x47mm grenade launcher. While NATO 40x46mm would seem to fit in these, they are not compatible. This one has been modified from being an under-barrel model meant to be mounted on a Tantal, so that it can be used as a stand alone weapon. Romania and Poland produced 40x47mm ammo back in the Soviet days, and Romania still manufactures ammo for these. Since both Romania and Poland are now in NATO and have switched over to NATO 40mm weapons and ammo, these are just left over war reserve stockpiles now being supplied to Ukraine.

And our American friend Nucking-Futs serving in the Ukie army captured some AS VAL and VSS Vintorez examples and made a video about them.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ruger Precision Rifle with a digital thermal optic

Another Czech PZD556 SAW and a Polish 6-shot RGP-40

This tired and slightly shell-shocked fellow has a Turkish-made Repkon RDS40 grenade launcher.

What every Nissan Frontier needs. (And any other truck, too, I guess.)

A squad of CZ Bren2 rifles.

Ukrainian airborne trooper riding in a Mi-8 with his liberated Russian Osiris T5000 .338Lapua rifle
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ok,...you may have to look close at this one and pull up some pictures from Google to compare,...but both rifles are Robinson XCRs. If it were a singular example, I would say it was a private purchase pressed into service. But 2, both in green? Obviously Robinson has had at least one contract. I wonder how many rifles were sent?

Another FN SCAR-L

A liberated Russian Lebedev PLK with Holosun, tall suppressor height sights (but no threaded barrel) and a competition-like extended magazine. Looks like it was given some sort of Cerakote-like two-tone paint job. No back story on this piece, such as whether it belonged to an officer or some sort of contractor. Oh if that thing could talk, the tales it might tell.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Another bipod-mounted DShK .50

When your ELCAN Spectre sight is worth 4 times your rifle,...

This is the personally owned Daniel Defense Delta 5 Pro of Roman Sukhomlyn, one of Ukraine's premier competitive civilian shooters before the war. Roman spent a lot of time mentoring other shooters, young and old, acting as a good shepherd for the sport. His civilian job was working as a manager at Personal Defense, an indoor range and gun shop in Odessa. If you were a sport shooter in the Odessa region before 2022, you knew who he was. His other personally owned Daniel Defense rifle he took to war was an M4A1 RIII (also pictured below). Roman joined his territorial defense force unit after the invasion. It's unknown exactly how many Russians he personally perforated, but despite being nearly constantly in the field for 14 months, no Russian counter-sniper could get him. Unfortunately, a random mortar did.
The shooting sport community in Odessa has already memorialized him at an event held recently, naming the range facility in his honor, as well as the yearly championship trophy match,...once the war is over and matches resume, that is.

More Dutch donated HK 416s

More Polish GROT rifles

Not many standard and unmodified AKs in Ukrainian service anymore. Certainly there are some,...but how many is unclear. As time goes on, more and more are getting upgraded like this one, with extended op handle, better safety lever, adjustable stock, red dot and magnifier.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

A trio of Ruger Precision Rifles in the field.

Chey Tac M200 'Intervention' sniper rifles chambered in .408 Chey Tac (10.36×77mm). While the rifles were donated, they came with only a small initial supply of ammo, which is difficult to find. Frequently, this keeps them from being used and why these examples are in such fine shape. There's plenty of .338 Lapua, .300WinMag ammo and other larger-than-.30 caliber cartridges that various NATO militaries have adopted in some amount that are able to be supplied. But .408 Chey Tac (like .416 Barrett) is one of those proprietary civilian calibers that just isn't in readily stockpiled amounts by any government that can be shipped off and supplied. Someone in private charity needs to identify the need for the caliber, then raise the funds, then contact Chey-Tac and order the ammo, then manage to ship it out the units in Ukraine. It has happened a couple of times, but that's it. Meanwhile, UKROP, the ammo manufacturer in Ukraine, has too much to worry about than to tool up for some new odd caliber to supply maybe 50 rifles across the country. So these just continue to sit around looking cool,...but not killing Russians.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Lol, how much would it suck to be those guys and get such an awesome looking gun - then find out ammo is hard to find, even in the US where the rifles are made.

Makes you wonder why even bother shipping/donating.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

paulgt2164 wrote: August 5th, 2023, 11:55 am Lol, how much would it suck to be those guys and get such an awesome looking gun - then find out ammo is hard to find, even in the US where the rifles are made.

Makes you wonder why even bother shipping/donating.
Grandstanding by Chey Tac. "We helped too"...
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

"Here you go Volodymyr, your new schniper rifle to killz all de ruzzian scum, it iz very fancy and cost Americans 12 thousand dollars"

*Much excitement*

"and de four bullits it came with, all we haz."

*whomp whomp whoooooomp*
Last edited by paulgt2164 on August 5th, 2023, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

FN SCAR-L with mounted FN grenade launcher and a surplus U.S. M9 pistol.

A suppressed Brugger & Thomet APR338 with thermal scope near the banks of the Dnieper.

Israeli volunteers in Lyman with FN SCAR-Ls and Minimi
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Good stuff SMG
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

In America, your grandma knits you a sweater because she loves you. In Ukraine, babushka builds you a guillie suit so you can take revenge on the demon spawn who killed grandpa.

You have to look really close to make it out, but this is yet another FDE Remington ACR.

smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ukrainian Naval Special Ops boys with FN SCARs and grenade launcher.

This 45 year old Afghan volunteer lost his family to the Russians back in the 80s, when he was only 8 years old. His personal jihad is to get revenge on the Russians for that. So he came to Ukraine. He has his AK74 and the PKM behind him, near Chernihiv.

Captured AK12 and AS-VAL

Last edited by Suck My Glock on August 28th, 2023, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Spain has decided to dump their surplus CETME-Ls on Ukraine. They appear to have been issued to Ukraine's Border Guards. I hope they all check to verify their magazines fit. Check out Ian McCollum's videos on Forgotten Weapons to learn about how the Cetme-Ls are not known for being a quality item.