Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

Post by Suck My Glock »

Despite all the western guns and butter donated to Ukraine, they still need to press every gun possible into service, like this Marine with his DP28 near Lyman.

The FNC rifles FN donated back in February of 2022 are still out there rocking. This gal has very untactical non-regulation hair,...but I guess as long as she keeps it up under her helmet, she blends in well enough.

Beretta ARX-160 rifle, Daniel Defense DDM4 carbine and a CZ 806 BREN-2 rifle.

More CZ Bren 2s

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Looks like a bunch of these brand new HK MG5s have been delivered to Ukraine. This one even has the recoil-absorbing spring-loaded tripod mounted.

A recent sighting of the rarely seen SNIPEX Monomakh 14.5mm semi-automatic anti-materiel rifle.

Here we see a couple of drone operators, with one of them sporting a Fort-12 9x18Mak Ukrainian-made pistol in his plate carrier, along with AK74 mags. You can also see they have been through a course hosted by U.S. special forces advisors because of their SF arrowhead patches they're wearing on their groin protectors. As a morale booster, U.S. SF advisors have been handing out these SF insignia patches as mementos of attending courses run by U.S. advisors. The patch is well known by Russian intel dudes, and probably part of the reason for handing these out is so that when some fellows are unfortunately KIA out in the field, discovery of these insignia will play mind games and paranoia with their side, as well as fostering rumors of rogue special agent CIA "Rambos" running amok in theater.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

👍
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Seems that with all the rotting Russians in the rubble, rather rotund ravenous rats have rapidly become ridiculously racoon-sized!!

Last edited by Suck My Glock on March 1st, 2024, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here we see one of the museum pieces pulled out of the display cases when the war kicked off, so that as many guns as possible could be turned on the invading hordes; an MG34 with 'Gurttrommel 34' drum mag. But being chambered in 8mm Mauser, which nobody issues to any military anywhere anymore, finding suitable ammo is a problem. The most recent country still using linked 8mm ammo for the German series of MGs was Yugoslavia, right up until and during the 90s. In fact, there are still plenty of those Yugo M53s (copy of MG42) out there that still use the 8mm round and same belts in use by all the former Yugo states like Kosovo, Croatia, Serbia, and probably could easily supply some belted ammo for these pieces still in use. But they're all staring at each other with itchy trigger fingers themselves these days, so they each are keeping all their guns and ammo to themselves in case things get froggy in the hood. There were a few small Nordic nations who rechambered their captured MG34s and converted them to use 7.62NATO. So even they don't have a stockpile of German belted 8mm anymore. So is this one being returned to the museum to go back on display? I wouldn't hold my breath. Somebody's gonna hold on to that thing for after the war when the government starts PAYING people to turn in all the guns laying in all the fields.

Apparently the Germans are surplusing out their retired G36s to Ukraine. Or at least some of the ones from police inventories that were replaced by Haenel 556s and HK416s. Until that whole kerfuffle over HK suing Haenel for patent infringement over the winning Bundeswehr contract gets settled, G36s are still troopering on with the krauts. Once that gets handled, perhaps we'll see more G36s across the Dnipro.

A Polish GROT rifle with a thermal optic.

A Steyr AUG with a Ukrainian medic and American charity donated ambulance. Likely a civilian-owned rifle from before the war.

Here's a modified PKT (tank version of the PKM) put to use as a shoulder-fired weapon, rather than as a solenoid-activated vehicle gun. It was probably rescued from the inside of some blasted Russian T72 tank.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

It seems Ukraine has fully committed to the AR series rifles. Not only does Zbroyar (via UKROP) manufacture the Z-15 and Z-10 rifles, and many thousands of rifles have been donated by NATO countries such as Canadian C7s, HK416s and KAC-110 SASS,...but it was just announced that Ukraine will be "purchasing" (via some sort of aid package, no doubt) a $42 million contract of 10,000 assault rifles, 2,000 precision rifles and 600 grenade launchers from Lebel of France. A division of bespoke high-end French gunmakers Verney-Carron S.A., they have made domestically AR series rifles for French citizens. In accordance with French gun law, these have been in non-military calibers such as .222Rem, 6.5Creedmore, etc. But the contract would obviously be for 5.56 and 7.62 rifles, as well as 40mm. Pictured below are Lebel's VCD-15, VCD-10 and LB-40 that are part of the contract.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Accuracy International AX308

Canadian Cadex CDX-50 Tremor .50BMG rifle with a HUGE over-the-barrel suppressor.

Suppressed Desert Tech HTI in .50BMG at the range in Ukraine.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Extremely rare photo from October 5, 2022 of a Ukrainian soldier armed with a Fort-224 9x19mm (license-produced Israeli IWI X95 SMG). This type of Fort is very rare to see, especially in the hands of soldiers. The few produced usually went to police. Perhaps this fellow is a Ukrainian police person who took his service weapon with him to his National Guard unit? Who knows?

Also notice in the video that the belted ammo is British Radway Green production.

Interesting harmonization of optics and gear within the "Kraken" unit of Ukrainian spetznatz, even though we see 3 different weapon systems here. Left to right, U.S. M4, FN SCAR-L, and CZ Bren-2. Yet each is equipped with EOTechs, magnifiers, IR LAMs and Magpul mags.

Ukrainian made Snipex Alligators in 14.5mm. 6ft 5in tall and 55 lbs.

Here we see a Ukrainian-made FORT 230 9mm SMG

The Glock we have at home; FORT 20 9mm striker-fired polymer-framed Ukrainian-made pistol. Introduced in 2021.

FORT-14TP; pre-occupation era Ukrainian version of an "offensive" pistol, chambered in 9x18Mak.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

It finally happened;...the Portuguese surplus G3 rifles that were retired in 2019 and replaced by FN SCAR-Ls and SCAR-Hs and were donated to Ukraine have begun to show up in the field. But Portugal's INDEP (which produced the G3 under license) shut down in 2007, and the last production run of rifles was 2005. So the most absolutely recent G3 from Portugal is at least 18 years old, with most well over 20 or even 30 years of service. It is unknown what sort of spare parts inventory may have been also donated alongside the rifles, but many undoubtedly have been in need of depot-level refurbishment, which would explain why it has taken so long for these to begin to appear in Ukrainian service. Most that have been recently observed have been outfitted similar to this one, for long distance use in the open distance that dominate the southern front.

Another HK MG5 in the trenches, and a Polish GROT.

Another Barrett MRAD with suppressor

Another Canadian CADEX CDX-50 Tremor .50BMG

PKM 7.62x54R outfitted with a Canadian ELCAN Spectre optic.

All sorts of frags are used in Ukraine. In this photo, the top line are NATO grenades, and the bottom row are Russian.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Mobilized Ukrainian troops train with FN FNC rifles. Allegedly they are less reliable in dirt than the AK, so the barrels are taped. I haven't seen FNCs in use for many months. It seems they are being relegated to rear line use and training. Some of the less well equipped International Legion units occasionally use them but they mostly have Polish Grots now.

Some guys have all the toys. These naval commandos from the 73rd Sea Centre Special Operations Group are rumored to have been tutored by advisors from the British SBS regiment (Limey Seals). From left to right, we see a Glock with threaded barrel, an M4 with EOTech, a suppressed FN Minimi SAW Paratrooper model with ACOG, 2 more M4s with EOTechs (although one has been given a railed free-float tube), what appears to be a Vltor 6-shot 40mm GL, and another FN Minimi sporting another EOTech.

Another Belgian FAL in use in Ukraine.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

First combat footage of the FAL in Ukraine.

Ukrainian naval commando from the 73rd Maritime Special Operations Center, armed with an M110 SASS

The lack of sighting systems on captured Russian weapons and the wealth of donated surplus sighting systems from the west has led to seeing some odd mash-ups in the fields of Ukraine. This AK12 now sports a Canadian ELCAN sight, eh?!

You may recall earlier back in this thread that Ukraine was donated some Cheyenne Tactical M200 Intervention Rifles in .375 CheyTac, but that only an initial batch of ammo in that caliber came with the rifles, and had since been depleted. The rifles were amazing and the Ukrainians wanted to continue to employ them, but as a non-standard round within NATO, no nation has any stockpiles of .375 CheyTac ammo to donate. With western support for Ukraine coming primarily from out-of-date or soon-to-expire war reserve stocks, western NATO nation outright purchasing of new ammunition has been limited to the primary calibers, which .375 CheyTac is not. For months, this meant that the donated CheyTac rifles were just sitting, collecting dust. But then Canada's CADEX also donated some CDX-40 rifles chambered in .375 CheyTac as well as a limited supply of ammo, and this refired Ukraine's motivation to acquire .375 ammo. Ukraine's sniper corps have racked up some extensive and impressive skill base and expertise, and of all the weapon systems they have had access to, they are exceedingly excited about the capabilities of the .375 cartridge. So much so, that one of the senior sniper instructors, Yuri Chornomorets, has been officially tasked with the additional responsibility of coordinating social media soliciting of individual private donations for funding to acquire not only .375 ammunition, but even more .375 rifles. His fund raising efforts have brought success, and now, due to the efforts of "Team Yuri", the M200 Intervention Rifles are now barking across the southern plains, joined by CDX-40s from Canada and Desert Tech HTI bullpups. Apparently the prime source for .375 ammo has come from Desert Tech of Utah, which has had many successful rifle contracts with Ukraine, even before the invasion.

A liberated Russian KSVK "KORD-M", GRAU 6V7M-1, chambered in 12.5x108mm.

A pair of Ruger Precision Rifles in .338Lapua near Kupiansk in early September.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Dutch Uzis are still being fielded in Ukraine as we see here. Belgium and Lithuania are said to have cleaned out theirs from old stocks as well. Mostly, they have been issued to vehicle crews, ambulance drivers, rear echelon guards and security types. However, although no pictures have yet surfaced, rumor has it some have been outfitted with suppressors and are being used in naval commando raids in remote Crimean swamp and beach amphibious infiltrations. Norwegian Coastal Rangers (Kystjegerkommandoen) at their home base in Harstad have been bragging about the success their Ukrainian Marine students have been exercising in Crimea, quietly shwacking entire Russian positions.

The ability of thermal sights and imagers these days is incredible. In this video montage you can actually see the hot lead in flight as it zips towards the Russians, looking like fireflies crossbred with angry wasps.

More FNC training action.

We see a lot here in this picture. Both a PKM belt-fed in 7.62x54R at their feet and an M-240 7.62nato belt-fed with ACOG leaned up on the right, apparently loaded with British Radway Green ammo out of the brown .30 cal. ammo can at their feet. Dude on the left has a SIG 516, while the other dude has a Daniel Defense rifle. (The SIG has a sling swivel socket visible on the receiver, while the collapsible stocks on DD rifles are distinctive to their brand.)

Many NATO weapon manufacturers are taking advantage of the Ukraine war as a giant live fire proving ground to test out systems in real world use. Among the latest projects, Haenel of Germany is donating 15 of their newest HLR338 sniper rifles, along with 60,000 rounds of .338Lapua ammo for them. No one at Haenel will admit to it openly, but the obvious intention is to not only help the Ukrainians, but to hopefully impress potential clients, and at a lower expense than actually holding shooting demos around Europe and the world to try to impress buyers and make sales. What better bonafides could you show potential government purchasers than to provide pictures and video of your system smacking down the enemy.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

It seems the Russians are also impressed with the performance of the .375 CheyTac as used against them, so the Russian precision rifle manufacturer Lobaev has chambered some of their rifles in the caliber and is now producing ammo utilizing the hybrid 2-piece case technology. Actually, Lobaev had a .408 and .375 CheyTac rifle back in 2018, but it went nowhere and didn't do much since then. But the success the Ukrainians have had with the cartridge has caused a reevaluation. Taking a tip from the U.S. development of the new 6.8/.277Fury hybrid case ammo, Lobaev did the same and bumped up the pressures some more and,... viola! The box is printed both in Russian and English for curious reasons. Reason #1 - internationally, when it comes to firearms, even weapons and ammo not produced in English-speaking countries usually put English language markings on their products because there exists the perception (right or wrong) that the most advanced and tested and accepted firearms products are what the English-speakers demand and use. Thus, if your product in marked in English, it indicates you are marketing your product to the most discerning and selective user base, and that by extension, your product must be good to even compete in that market, so this must be a quality product. Reason #2 - one of Russia's last trading partners in the world is India, which has a huge English-speaking population. Some of the other potential customers for Lobaev weapons have adopted the global sanctions against Russia merely for political reasons and have to pretend to be with the program, but don't mind buying Russian weapons via India as the middleman. The markings on the back of the cartridge box list the bullet weight as 360 grains, with a ballistic coefficient of .875 and a velocity of 900 meters per second (2950fps). Production date of November 8th 2023,

If you have been following the drama out of Germany's new service rifle selection, you know that HK took the Bundeswehr to court over alleged skullduggery in awarding the new contract to Haenel's MK556 instead of the HK416. HK won, and the court has ordered that the contract is invalidated and the Haenel MK556s delivered so far must be withdrawn AND DESTROYED while the competition is repeated. And yet,...here we see a recent picture of Ukrainians being trained in Germany,...using the brand new Haenel MK556s. Hmmmmm,...perhaps the Bundeswehr plans on "destroying" the Haenel rifles by sending them to Ukraine?!?! Hmmmmm,..... I wonder if such might be a ploy for Haenel and the Bundeswehr to argue at the conclusion of the new trials that part of their reasoning would be the evidence of how well the MK556s performed in the field in actual combat in Ukraine? We shall see,....

Donated by the Czech Republic to Ukraine early in 2022, the ZVI Falcon OP99 in .50BMG is a bullpup anti-materiel rifle. It utilizes a Mauser locking system and has a 2-round magazine. The Czechs donated 19 of these. They came with either the Meopta ZD 10x50 or the Meopta ZN 6x and have been issued to and employed by Ukraine's SF units.

Yet another Barrett MRAD in Ukraine.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

What appears to be an 50.00 series FAL mounting an ATN MARS 4 optic.

And of course, with all the trench warfare going on in Ukraine, obviously there will be use made of "trench brooms". In this case, a Turkish-made 12ga. AK type shotgun.

Ukraine has released the identity of the sniper who is alleged to have conducted the new world record hit on a live enemy soldier at 3,800 meters. The shot was fired by 58-year-old Vyacheslav Kovalsky, a sniper of the counter-intelligence unit of the SBU. In the photo, he poses with his SNIPEX T-Rex rifle "Lord of Obria". Prior to the war, Vyacheslav was a businessman and a competitive sport shooter. Today he serves in the counterintelligence unit. Old men are still deadly.

And here is the 14.5x114 beside the .50BMG which previously was the cartridge used for the 1st and 2nd place longest successful shots. Prior to this, the 14.5 round was only at 3rd place.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

M14s are still blasting Russians 65 years later.

Ukrainians getting training in Germany on their new HK MG5s they are being issued, as well as their surplus Rheinmetall MG3s seen in the background.

Here we see a squad posing together back in October with some CZ Bren2s, a rotary 6-shot 40mm grenade launcher, a new HK MG5 and a Fort401 (local license-built copy of the Israeli Negev SAW).