Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here's a few more pics of the Malyuk bullpup in the field.

Here's another example of a group of volunteers thrown together with a mish-mash of weapons in the same unit, ARs and AKs once again. This is in Sumy, and these appear to be recently arrived foreign volunteers judging from their clothing and gear, which is not Ukrainian issue. The next to left has entirely German gear except for his very new looking AR. The radical curvature of the AK mags indicates they are all older 7.62 models, seemingly pulled from old reserve war stocks somewhere since 5.45 AK74s are the vast majority of rifles in theater. The AK in the foreground has a modern western civilian accessory muzzle brake as well as a perforated steel handguard.

While this is not technically in Ukraine, it is at the border of Hungary and Ukraine, on the Hungarian side, at the Tiszabecs crossing. These are Hungarian troops there to protect against incursion and to help handle the refugee inflow. They are armed with the CZ BREN2 and CZ P07 sidearm.

aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

Ukrainian weapons captured by the Russians on or around 2/28.

Ukrainian copy (Fort-301) copy of Israeli Galatz sniper rifle.
Fort-301 copy of Israeli Galatz.jpg
too big for the gun cabinet.jpg
gun cabinet.jpg
gun cabinet 3.jpg
gun cabinet 2.jpg
aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

Z-10 (part of the same group of captured Ukrainian weapons from around 2/28.)
Z-10 rifle.jpg
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here's an interesting pic of a Russian soldier who is carrying not only his own RPK, but has 3 slung Dragunovs he is lugging around as well. There is a fourth laying on the sleeping bag roll in front of him. It seems his unit must have been badly hit and was tasked with not leaving weapons behind for the Ukrainians that would be useful. And since he is on foot with his pack, I'm guessing his motorized transport was taken out of action. That's a long hard walk back with that much hardware.

That Guy

Post by That Guy »

“And since he is on foot with his pack, I'm guessing his motorized transport was taken out of action. That's a long hard walk back with that much hardware.”

That seems to be a reasonable explanation. If it were anybody else I’d “poor guy-that sux draggin’ around all that hardware. As is it I hope it slows him down enough for somebody to get a presentable sight picture on him.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Speaking of Dragunovs and snipers,...it seems there is a legend going around,...unprovable and likely untrue,...of a Ukrainian sniper known as "The Reaper". Some reports claim his identity is Volodymyr Vist. Apparently that is not an uncommon name, as I found 3 such named individuals on Facebook.

But whether real or imagined or created as propaganda, he is known of on BOTH sides, and he is either the boogyman in the treeline (if you're Russian) or the unseen angel who has your six (if you're Ukrainian). Supposedly his specialty is to pick off tank commanders riding in their open hatch.

As I say,...unprovable legend. But whether he be real or imagined,..."The Reaper" stalks the countryside in Ukraine.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Even before the war, there was some private firearm ownership in Ukraine. Those few folks who were well off enough to have a small collection of guns have been an invaluable resource in the past few weeks as average citizens have been volunteering to take up arms. Ukraine has been able to pass out weapons, but not so able to give everyone proper training. Gun clubs across the country that still have access to ranges or who have built improvised ranges in city centers, have been pulling their patriotic duty giving basic marksmanship. With ammo for actual combat rifles at a premium and needed for distribution to soldiers,...22lr weapons have been pressed into service for training. Here we see a Ruger Precision Rimfire being used to teach first time civilian students.

Here we see another volunteer, seemingly outfitted with a privately owned AR. Without any official unit insignia or patches, but wearing commercially available gear, indicates this person was able to outfit themselves prior to the current madness.
underw0rld

Post by underw0rld »

Suck My Glock wrote: March 16th, 2022, 3:15 am Speaking of Dragunovs and snipers,...it seems there is a legend going around,...unprovable and likely untrue,...of a Ukrainian sniper known as "The Reaper". Some reports claim his identity is Volodymyr Vist. Apparently that is not an uncommon name, as I found 3 such named individuals on Facebook.

But whether real or imagined or created as propaganda, he is known of on BOTH sides, and he is either the boogyman in the treeline (if you're Russian) or the unseen angel who has your six (if you're Ukrainian). Supposedly his specialty is to pick off tank commanders riding in their open hatch.

As I say,...unprovable legend. But whether he be real or imagined,..."The Reaper" stalks the countryside in Ukraine.
I thought 'The Reaper' is Nicholas Irving. Also 'Wali' is there from Kanaduh.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Real or not there’s always some boogeyman sniper rumor floating about in a war zone and invariably they have a cool name. When I was in Baghdad in 2005 supposedly AQI contracted the “Spider” to shoot us. He was allegedly from Turkey, used an SVD (of course), and never missed-always shooting his target at the base of the spine where there was no body armor. Did he exist? I dunno. But I can tell when I heard the stories I looked much more intently at windows and rooftops.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

This is Olena Bilozerska, 42, already a veteran sniper prior to the invasion from her time on the border with Donbas, where she had 10 confirmed kills prior to the invasion. Whereabouts currently unknown and MIA.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

This is the mayor of Odessa, Gennadiy Trukhanov, and his SIG pistol. He seems grimly determined.

cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

Wish someone would start a "Girls with Guns of Ukraine war" picture thread, just sayin....
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

cool arrow wrote: March 16th, 2022, 2:42 pm Wish someone would start a "Girls with Guns of Ukraine war" picture thread, just sayin....
I approve your request to start that thread. Have at it.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here's a unique photo,...the entire unit seems outfitted with AKSUs (Krinks). They are usually only found with police forces or government officials and representatives, who likely received them from police arsenals.

Here we finally see up close enough to identify this logo I have been seeing on all sorts of AR15s in Ukraine. At first, I didn't bother copying the pictures and posting them here, because I thought it might indicate some sort of engineered photo ops for propaganda purposes, using the same few weapons to take dramatic photos for public consumption. But I've finally seen this same logo on enough AR15s all throughout Ukraine to realize there are many of this brand in circulation, and in this photo I finally got a close enough look to identify it. DIAMONDBACK FIREARMS. Apparently they sold a truckload of these over there to civilians before the war started. In fact, I found a Ukrainian website still up for a gun shop in Kyiv where these remain advertised. https://shopgun.com.ua/diamondback Interestingly, the price for a Diamondback AR15 in Ukraine before the invasion was 40,000 Hryvnia, which is about $1350 bucks. By comparison, as a Ukrainian you could have bought an AK47 for just 24,000 Hryvnia, or $815 dollars.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here's a couple of interesting fellows. No insignia or markings anywhere to be seen. Knock-off copy of current U.S. OCP pattern camouflage. Their AK74s are certainly not stock. Are these guys Special Forces or just well equipped volunteers, or maybe contractors? Who the hell knows?

And here we see a dude with a 7.62 Krink and suppressor. I find his pre-applied tourniquet an interesting choice. Not only does the color signify which side he's on,...no need to fumble breaking it out of the packaging if he gets wounded. Just reach over with his other arm, cinch it, and keep rocking. He ought to have another on the other side.