Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Lobo2087
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

Post by Lobo2087 »

I wanna see someone with a spork stuck through their webbing.... that'll be a marine :-)

aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

Not exactly Ukraine but close.
The caption on this was Finish reservists training as Finland increases military readiness.

The RK 62 (from Finnish rynnäkkökivääri 62, 'assault rifle 62'), officially 7.62 RK 62 and commercially M62, is an assault rifle manufactured by Valmet and Sako. It is the standard issue infantry weapon of the Finnish Defence Forces.
Finish reservists training.jpg
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here's another shot of that Snipex Alligator 14.5mm anti-materiel rifle, but this time, with some of it's ammunition.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Suppressors everywhere! Even on GPMGs! I suspect this DPR gunner has been instructed to only use short bursts and not burn through belts,...but we all know how well "suggestions" like that are observed.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Suck My Glock wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 6:05 pm Suppressors everywhere! Even on GPMGs! I suspect this DPR gunner has been instructed to only use short bursts and not burn through belts,...but we all know how well "suggestions" like that are observed.
That man's shirt and arm candy says "short bursts" and burning through belts is something that doesn't faze him lol
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

The Czechs have obviously decided to support the Ukrainians, as we can see here with yet another CZ UK59 belt-fed in 7.62x54R in excellent (unissued) condition. Obviously drawn from old war reserve stocks.

Spring has sprung, and hiding in the shrubbery with your Tavor and suppressed sniper weapon is the current sport.

These Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) "snipers" have been supplied by Russia with old Mosin-Nagants.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here's some fake news for low flying aircraft. This is a Ukrainian Scarecrow. Fake MANPAD, fake soldier. Real heart attack for pilots.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Another couple of AR rifles. But notice the Wolverines patch. These are starting to show up all over Ukraine. They originally were unique among the American volunteers, for obvious reasons, and allowed Americans in theater to advertise among themselves at a glance who they were without resorting to American flag patches that might get them targeted or singled out. But RED DAWN has been seen in Ukraine as well, and obviously Ukrainians can identify with the characters in the movie. So they like the movie as well. Every American over there with these has been pestered to trade some with other folks and now it represents not only resistance to the Russians, but also a brotherly kinship with Americans. It used to be when you saw someone wearing it, you knew they were American (or maybe Canadian). But now, it could be anybody.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Another Ukrainian bipod-mounted DSHk with huge muzzle-brake.

And Tucson-made Milkor 40mm launchers have arrived in Ukraine.
aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

And Tucson-made Milkor 40mm launchers have arrived in Ukraine.
I'm sure he knew what he was doing but good thing he didn't shoot the corner of that building.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

AK74s, a suppressed AKSU-74, a Stetchkin, a VS VAL, a couple ARs,...all sorts of goodies.

As said previously, the ratio of suppressors in use in Ukraine is at a historic high for the modern battlefield. Definitely an indicator of the overall global trend. And the fact they are leaning against a U.S.-supplied Hummer with an M2 Browning shows western gear is filtering in.

After the 2014 invasion and annexation, Ukraine embarked on a massive modernization and re-orienting of their armed forces. They've come a long way in just 8 years, and they of course have a lot further to go still to reach western or NATO standards. But one of the earliest ways they began that transition was with proper western riflery. From the get go, Ukraine has been buying and issuing proper precision rifles, and has been focusing on training marksmanship to wring out what these tools can do. As seen here, squads may still be using Soviet-era AKs and other squad weapons, but modern western sniper systems are everywhere in the Ukrainian armed forces. In fact, finding a Russian Dragunov in use is rather uncommon.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

FN SCARs, Stingers, various anti-tank rockets;...and a field of flowers to bed down on. War may be hell, but it's worse in the desert. These Georgian volunteers are enjoying spring.

When the grenadiers finally get your range,....

While Stetchkins are criticized for not being useful for much beyond 30 feet, they excel at clearing urban enclosures, like those the Ukrainians are dealing with now as they retake some areas.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I mean,...it's like Russia doesn't have enough AK rifles or something. WTF?!

Here's a rare one, and in odd possession by the VDV (Russian Airborne). It is a South African .50 BMG rifle made by Truvelo. Also sporting a NightForce scope. They made this one in calibers all the way up to 20x110 Hispano! Notice the headstamps are from PMP (Pretoria Metal Pressings) circa 2004.

Here is another uncommon pistol. This is the SR1-Vector, also known as the Gyurza. It is chambered in 9x21mm. (Not sure if that is dimensionally the same as the European 9x21mm). These have usually only been issued to OMAN (Russian National Guard, which despite the name, is wholly separate from the armed forces and reports directly to Putin, sort of like the SS under Hitler but not as bad-ass.) Curious how it ended up in Ukraine.

A British volunteer who is now a PKM gunner. Yes, you can tell he's British by the teeny tiny Union Jack patch on his shoulder.

More oddities; a Spetznatz trooper was relieved of his suppressed PKM mounting an Elcan Spectre
aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

I mean,...it's like Russia doesn't have enough AK rifles or something.
They may have wanted more reach on the Ukrainian steppe. They're both scoped at least. If they were just the iron sights that would really be scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here we see a couple of Ukrainian lasses. One has an AR-type rifle,...but the other one,...if you look closely,...that is the magazine of a Vityaz 9mm AK subgun, which is sporting a suppressor. This is the first one I've seen in the wild. The question is whether it is a captured true Kalashnikov, or is it merely a street-legal pre-invasion SBR civilian gun imported from Kalashnikov USA?