Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
blasternaz
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

Post by blasternaz »

All excellent posts! Great source of foreign weapon knowledge here. That 14.5x114 is neat! We run a bunch of 30 x 113 thru the Bushmasters so I have a great reference, size wise.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Another bipod-mounted DSHk and suppressed AK74.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Russian Airborne trooper with VS VAL

Ukrainians now have received a whole mess of EOTechs for their PKMs.

Another surpressed AR-type rifle. Ukraine is rotten with em'.

Ukrainians love DP
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Foreign volunteers with FN SCAR-Ls and captured ordnance.

An Azov Battalion dude with his obviously beloved MP5SD

OK,...these are not weapons,...but I found them intriguing enough to share with you. Recon troops need to be quiet and swift. Snoop and poop, as they say. Taking a ride out towards the enemy in a noisy combustion engine vehicle can alert them to your presence before you are aware of them, and then you get shwacked. That's no fun. But these electric bikes, modified with enough power to actually qualify as electric motorcycles, allow sneaky off-roading and recon, quickly and quietly. And with a portable solar panel pack, they can recharge in the field without need of fuel supply. These are made domestically in Ukraine and are now getting sent out to many units.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

In war, schit gets broken, cuz soldiers can break anything. Take this CZ 58 for instance. This one was donated by the Czechs to the Ukrainians, as you can tell by how nearly new it looks,...but some ham-fisted twit busted the side-folding stock off. But hey, Ukraine is a nation of farmers, and farmers know how to weld. So some shifty beet farmer with a buzz box stuck an AK under-folder stock on this bich and called it a day.

Russian sniper.

Some foreign volunteers from countries that border Ukraine are able to bring guns directly with them. The Czechs have recently liberalized gun ownership there, so many Czech volunteers bring guns with them to Ukraine. These Czech guns belong to one such dude, who somehow had the juice to get and bring select-fire weapons. Here we see a CZ 807 (very similar to the Bren 2 rifles already seen in country, but a newer variant), a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 SMG and a CZ P10 handgun.

Another PKM sporting an EOTech. These EOTech optics sure got distributed to the PKM gunners quickly. Hardly any PKM is without one now.

In this picture, guy in the rear is holding up a rare captured AEK-971 "counter-balanced action" rifle. These came out of a program to try to create a zero-recoil rifle that could put bursts in a very tight pattern on target and grew out of the AN-94 rifle of similar goals and design. Larry Vickers did a video on this rifle when he visited Russia in 2014. Not quite as rare as a moon rock, but close.

German MG3s are now making their way into the theater.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

U.S. ordnance is now arriving at the front.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

It seems the Italians donated a bunch of Beretta-built licensed copies of the MG42/59s,...NOT MG3s as I and many others have been misidentifying. Ian McCollum over on Forgotten Weapons did a video on these recently. They were the commercial version of the converted MG42 in 7.62NATO, but with a rate-reducing heavy bolt and buffer that are NOT compatible with either the original MG42 or later MG3. While the modern current issue MG3 does run slower (950rpm) than the the original MG42 (1200rpm), the MG42/59 runs even slower, at about 800-900rpm. This one is from 1974 and if you look closely you can see the P in a circle, which is the Beretta proof mark.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

We've seen a lot of these full-length lower handguards/heat shields on customized Ukrainian AKs, both 5.45 and 7.62 variants. British and American advisors in the recent years that have visited Ukraine's special forces school seem to have imparted their love of painting and customizing their rifles, which the "Ukies" have been emulating. The Ukrainians never had any of these side-folding stock AK101-style rifles in inventory, so this is undoubtedly a captured Russian rifle that has been liberated and updated for use back against the "Orcs".

As the Ukrainians need all the help and materiel they can get, a lot of non-standard gear for the donated NATO weaponry is also showing up. For instance, this group of Belorussian volunteers, who have been issued FN SCAR-Ls, somehow acquired MFT (Mission First Tactical) magazines and Vector Optics red dots. Whether the volunteers ordered and paid for these themselves or whether they were donated and just showed up is unclear. The Vector line is a budget type of red dot, considered by those in the know as mostly for us recreational shooters and not a rugged soldier-proof item. So it would make sense if the Belorussians paid for something like that out of pocket. But,...for makers of weapon stuff,...nothing gets free advertising like seeing your product used on camera against the evil enemy,...so it is entirely possible commercial gun accessory makers could be sending free stuff over there just hoping someone like me might post pictures of it everywhere. Who knows?
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

AS VAL in 9x39 and an AK12. Their previous owners were "administratively retired".

How robust are steel AK mags? Well, this fully loaded one helped stop a bullet. It slowed it down enough that the soft body armor underneath was able to do the rest.

Yep,...we Americans (and Brits) taught the Ukies that painting guns is fun. We created a monster.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

This image is from about 6 weeks ago, before the EOTech sights began to arrive, and the PKM gunners were sticking any optic they could scrounge up on their PKMs.

A Dutch volunteer with an American M240L, oddly, without an optic.

Another DP,...this one belonging to a dude paired with an NLAW operator. This one is actually an RP46, which usually is paired with the belt-feed conversion. However, it still works with pan magazines. The pistol grip and buffer extension on the rear of the receiver gives it away. The Chinese made exactly the same weapon, but never gave it a belt-feed capability, which is called the DPM. But it's rather unlikely what this is. The RP46 served for 15 years before being replaced by the PK in 1962, which likely explains why this one looks so well used, while many recently seen DP28s look like they were packed away in cosmoline for decades and never issued, because they probably were.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here is an American volunteer vet of Mongol ethnicity. Notice his FN/FNC and just barely in the frame at right, notice the muzzle of an M-14.

More foreign volunteers with CZ Bren2s. The guy who is not obscured is "Isaac", a former U.S. Marine.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Poland donates some of their latest new GROT rifles to Ukraine. Very similar to the Remington ACR.

MP5SD in Mariupol
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Another donated Czech VZ58 with another foreign volunteer,...and a puppy. Who can resist puppies?

Something all soldiers in every army share;...boredom during down time, and clowning for the camera. "That's right, we bad!"

Sniper training with AR10 type rifles.
Mike-4

Post by Mike-4 »

Man, I love these pics. Thanks again OP!
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here's a couple Russian Spetznatz troopers. Notice the suppressor and EOTech-type sight. (Can't tell if it is an actual EOTech or a Russian copy.) Notice also they using a CAN-AM atv. Was this stolen in Ukraine and put to use, or did Canada ever sell them to Russia? Unclear.

More Belorussian volunteers with FN SCARs and AKs.

Another old Maxim at checkpoint.