Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

Post by Suck My Glock »

A Chechen soldier with his personalized Stechkin grips.

A Russian truck driver with his PDW, a Polish FB PM-63 in 9x18mak

Ukrainian SF night raider adjusting his NOGs before heading out to reconnoiter the newly emplaced anti-armor "shark teeth" barricade line the Russians have laid down to try to slow Ukraine's advance. His Malyuk bullpup makes for a tighter slung package while riding that doesn't get in the way as much as other rifles.

A couple of Russian MI-8 crewmen with their PP-2000 PDWs

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

This is Russia's former head of the Roskosmos (Russian Space Agency), Dmitriy Rogozin, who's call sign is "Space". (Kocmoc, pronounced kosmos.) Publicly, he "volunteered to fight in Ukraine", but more likely is in country to oversee stripping and looting of technology from occupied areas. And as a special elite person with connections, he is not issued some old AK or Makarov. Nope. Only the best for the boss men. Captured AR15 type rifle and a Glock 19.

The Iron Throne, Ukrainian version.

A couple of American volunteers (notice their subdued flag patches) with a CZ Bren 2 and Polish GROT.

Another nicely customized CZ Bren2

Another American, with a captured VSSM this time.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Another batch of foreign volunteers, this time armed with FN Scar-Ls and a Barrett. Unknown how many might be American, but dude 1st in from the left has a Texas flag patch on his chest.

GP-30 40mm grenade launcher which is supposed to be mounted to an AK under the barrel. The AK grip and stock, and the vertical grip (off an angle grinder?) are added in a workshop. Ukraine, 2022 (unknown to me which side made it).

Some rear area support dudes with a couple of FNCs, a Krink and an AK74. You know they are in a rear area away from the front because they are without body armor and only one has any web gear on. Obviously posing for pics for the folks back home.

The morning commute in Ukraine.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Painting the Ma Deuce

What's better than a belt-fed .50? A belt-fed 40mm of course.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

More Polish GROT rifles in Ukraine. This one about to be painted by an American MMA fighter and former Marine who goes by TUC Smash.

American volunteer with an early pre-Malyuk AK74 bullpup, near Mylove.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

A Ukrainian wringing out a SIG 716 on the range in Lviv.

More Canadian Diemaco (Colt Canada) C7A1 rifles, one with an Elcan Spectre

Slightly unrelated, but sort of not,...did you know the Polish army still has horse cavalry? They patrol the border with Belarus. Quiet and all terrain.

Once someone challenges the NFA of 1934 under BRUEN in the near future, the arguments before the SCOTUS in MILLER v. US will be revisited once more, wherein short-barrelled shotguns, rifles and suppressors were argued as not suitable to the militia because they were "not common" in use in warfare, and therefor not protected by the 2nd Amendment. The war in Ukraine has shown this has changed dramatically.
xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

Stuff looks like it’s right out of the box ^^^^
Guys on the horses, looks like a photo shop job on that particular background?
Send in the Calvary I say
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Daniel Defense rifles and Glocks

This is Ingvar, who appeared on here on page 16 back in May. This pic is from mid-September near Kharkiv. He's still rocking his privately-owned 7.62 AK, which you can see in more detail in this pic than last time. He hasn't bothered to upgrade it, although his gear has upgraded.

Combat pussy
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Wagner contractors

This is Tseng, from Taiwan. He is one of many in Taiwan who believe China is watching closely how badly things are going for Russia, and that the outcome in Ukraine will affect China's decision on whether to attempt invading Taiwan. So Tseng went to Ukraine to fight the hordes, hoping a good performance on the field might spare his own country from having to go through this as well. Tseng gave the full measure for that belief and was killed last week.

With Belarus seemingly maybe finally siding with Russia and potentially jumping into the war, Poland is preparing for having to fight Belarus. As a result, although they discontinued the draft in 2009, Poland offers a 1 day military familiarization camp for anyone to come and get checked out on how to operate basic infantry weapons, and it is very popular these days. Here we see Polish citizens being taught how to operate a GROT rifle.

A couple of Ukrainians on the range playing with their Barretts

Another Savage 110 precision rifle
CharleneRJackson
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by CharleneRJackson »

That Guy wrote: March 14th, 2022, 11:16 am
Suck My Glock wrote: March 14th, 2022, 6:24 am And just in case you are contemplating heading to Ukraine to volunteer and kill a commie for Mommy,...here is video of some crash course live fire training just before the invasion, where instructors fire near their students to get them accustomed to being shot at. This is common training regimen in the region, we are told.

“This is common training regimen in the region, we are told.”

Yeah, it is, and having seen the marksmanship skills of some of those former Warsaw Pact soldiers its a lot more dangerous than you think-it ain’t like Carlos Hathcock is shooting near those students. Eastern European armies are FAR more accepting of training casualties than we are. While in the US Army I spent a year in a former Soviet republic helping to prepare it for transition to NATO. They were kinda poor at the time and still developing their economy which meant they didn’t have a lot to spend on their military. Specifically they had “airborne” units but no planes (like C-130’s) to jump from and not even an airborne school, however all the officers were expected to “earn” jump wings (enlisted not so much). Basically they labeled these units as airborne in preparation for the day when they’d get enough funding to actually become paratrooper units and to build esprit (plus “airborne” sounded cool). So these guys were using old piece of sh!t French and Soviet parachutes (if a US Army rigger had packed chutes this raggedy and given them to troops they would’ve been charged with criminal negligence and dereliction of duty) and doing five jumps from an old AN-2 “Colt” Soviet era biplane to obtain their their jump wings. The planes weren’t certified, the chutes were never inspected, they had no riggers, and no SOP’s-what could go wrong? When you’d visit their unit go at any given time at least 25% of the officers were limping or on crutches. If they broke their leg on say their 3rd jump, they gimped around till it healed and did two more. One dude broke his leg TWICE in five jumps (amazingly nobody died). Were they tougher than your average US soldier? Oh yeah-definitely . Were they smarter than the average US soldier? Not as much.
That is really great way to give training.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

:shock:
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Mauser C-96 siezed by Russian occupation authorities in Kherson

Russian with a Steyr AUG-ZA3 cal 9x19mm, Melitopol August 2022. This gun was probably in civilian ownership before seizure.

Makarov PB cal 9x18mm, the integrally suppressed PM. This pistol is on the edge of rare and scarce to see, and it will generally only be seen with Special Forces such as here.

Civilian shotgun that was not only seized for a photo op, but judging by the shells in his vest the Russian soldier is using it operationally. He also has a Ukrainian Malyuk AK.

AK-105 captured by a Ukrainian. The AK-100 series rifles are rare to see in active military service in the 2020's. Generally, they were acquired by Internal Ministry forces, special forces and exported. Russia has deployed both SF and Internal forces to Ukraine.

No doubt you have seen some of the videos out there of drones dropping munitions on top of troops in trenches and foxholes. But here is another weapon - a psychological weapon - that Ukrainians are dropping on Russians. These dildos get dropped on their heads, with notes attached informing the Russian position they are about to get phuked, and invites them to surrender rather than die.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Using drones to drop munitions on the heads of Russians and on tanks and trucks has so impressed the Taiwanese who are worried about invasion by China have begun an assembly line of specifically manufactured bomber drones. Interestingly, rather that battery-powered, these have a small gas motor generator that then powers the electric props. Notice the 8-pack bomb racks.

Here's some footage of close combat in thick cover against Russians in foxholes and trenches.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here's a Donetsk separatist Russian lackey with a captured FNC taken from a Ukrainian soldier.

American volunteer on the left has his Polish GROT, while the Ukrainian in center has an M249 and his buddy has a liberated AK12. Granny babushka has her cane to whack vatniks in the pee pee.

The Russians bugged out of Kherson so quickly and in such a disorganized clusterphuk, several thousand got left behind and are hiding anywhere they can. They've ditched their uniforms and are fugitives in a foreign land. But because all the fighting age males were kidnapped and shipped off to Russia, they stand out if they show their faces and aren't wearing a Ukrainian uniform, and are being rounded up rather quickly. Most are not shooting it out, but some are. To keep casualties to a minimum, every available dog handler team has been sent to the region to go house to house, farm to farm, basement to basement. In this photo, the SIG Virtus and Surfire suppressor give this guy away as part of FOG (Forward Observation Group), analogous to U.S. Ranger Pathfinders.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

M4 carbines with ACOGs and EOTechs

2 American volunteers outside of Bakhmut, armed with customized 5.45 AK74s. Among the many nationalities volunteering in Ukraine, Americans tend to have the most money to spend on their gear. And often, through contacts at home, they end up being conduits through which donated gear is collected and sent to their units improve their personal gear for all.

And this is why Russia retreated from Kherson when they did. This is the same muddy season that plagued the Germans in WW2 and prevented them from assaulting deeper into Russia, and prevented them from effectively retreating either. The snow is falling, but things are not yet frozen. The snow melts and everything turns to muck, making travel on anything but pavement by anything but horseback a fugging nightmare. The Russians need time to lick their wounds and bring up reinforcements and are looking to the weather to provide them that operational pause. Ukraine's challenge is to use drones and artillery to deny them that respite. But by January, everything will be frozen solid and the tanks can roll once more.