Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

Post by Suck My Glock »

Of all the NATO rifles that have been supplied to Ukraine, the one that they are most impressed with and have decided they want to produce for themselves is the CZ Bren 2. Ukraine just reached an agreement with CZ to license produce them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/uk ... edfb&ei=59

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

With small FPV drones being employed so heavily as hunter/killer drones, seeking out even lone individuals in trenches and what not, being able to strike back at an incoming drone is a problem needing to be addressed. Shotguns and weapon based on shotgun principles are being experimented with to try to engage and shoot down drones before they can detonate. Here is one such attempt at that; essentially a little sawed-off 5 barrel 12ga. pistol originally designed as a signaling device.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

An M14 on the way to the front, mounted in an Archangel adjustable stock and fitted with a commercial Thermion thermal sporting optic.

The modified Dshks that the Ukrainians employ on bipods with huge muzzle brakes work pretty well from the shoulder,...when horizontal across the plains. But in the vertical, when hunting planes,...not so easy.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

In observing the guns found in Ukraine, it can also be curious to spot the various accessories as well. Until now, the AR-compatible mags most often found have been USGI, Magpul, Lancer or FN, with a smattering of others. But suddenly, after announcing they would be assisting more heavily (especially with 155mm shells), Bosnia and Croatia gear is suddenly showing up. Before now, AC Unity products have been pretty much missing from the theater. But here we see a brand spanking new 40 round Bosnian-made AC Unity mag.

AK74 Black Storm bullpup conversion

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ukraine has been buying a lot of AGM Rattler TS35 thermal optics for issue. It has been perhaps the most cost-efficient way to get thermals out into the field. Ukraine's own thermal imager manufacturer, Templovisor, has been making knock-off copies as well. Templovisor finally just came out with an enhanced and improved version, which we see here mounter on a Barret MRAD and a Canadian PGW, both in .338 Lapua. No word on the model designation on these.

Another Canadian PGW rifle.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Anti-drone shotgunner with his sporting piece and his Belgian FN/FAL.

Getting in some practice time with the Polish 40mm 6-gun and packing a Glock.

Showing the appropriate respect for Russian cultural heritage, and holding western weaponry high.

The brand new Beretta CSASS 7.62 marksman rifle based on the ARX200, seen being employed in Ukraine. Unclear how many of these have arrived there. Even Italy's Alpine Regiment is only now also receiving these. Apparently Beretta and Italy are keen to submit a few samples for field testing in the largest ongoing live fire proving ground exercise in Europe.

These are Ukrainian UDT frogmen responsible for so much of the sabotage and mayhem in the Port of Sebastopol and elsewhere on Crimea. UK SBS and German Kampfschwimmers are very proud of these students of theirs. Here, if you look closely, they are armed with at least a couple of APS underwater rifles, probably for use against the trained Dolphins and Sealions Russia is known to use as sentries against combat diver saboteurs.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Nyet,...AK is fine.

In an effort to try to give the poor schmucks in the trenches something that can tickle the M2 Bradleys and other armored vehicles, Russia has busted out the old mothballed PTRS-43 rifles in 14.5x114mm. Notice there isn't any kind of optic on that bich, so it ain't for trying to out-snipe the other guys. They actually expect this guy to make a Bradley driver angry and focus on blowing him up.

Here are some photos of some captured Russian air crew gear that didn't get completely destroyed when pulled off a downed pilot. I'm assuming he must have successfully bailed out and been taken alive, otherwise otherwise everything would be mangled and burnt. We see a PP-2000 and a Ledbedev PLK, both chambered in 9x19. Each were taken loaded with 7n21 Armor-Piercing ammunition. The ammo was tested on an American Level IIIA rated piece of body armor, and the 7n21 zipped right on through.
Reports are that the PP-2000 has a tendency to jam. In this photo we can see a failure to extract causing another round to jam in the magazine when firing the 7n21 ammo. Was it merely a bad extractor? Who knows?
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

A Russian Spetznatz operator posing with a captured Ukrainian M249. Also note the AR15 type rifle at his feet and the FN 40mm launcher nearby.

Brand new Haenel HLR338 on the range in Ukraine, along with a SIG320 and Garmin Xero bullet radar.

More Daniel Defense and Glock

The infamous gooey mud of Ukraine that stalled the Nazis is no joke. Clawing around in that crap trying to not get blasted leads to the worlds greatest mud test for weapons. In typical Slavic fashion, the Ukrainians don't have hours to waste on field stripping weapons after returning from the muck.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Serbu RFB50 in Ukrainian service.

Suppressed Snipex Alligator .50BMG

Danish M/95 rifles (Canadian Colt Diamaco C7s)

Another SIG 516, outfitted with Pmags, a Vortex magnifier and an EOTech.