Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Guns of Ukraine war picture thread

Post by Suck My Glock »

SIG Virtus with Surefire suppressor and a Maxim, both on the front line together.

This is a photo from a trade show before the invasion, showcasing UKROP ammunition from Ukraine. While you may recall Wolf used to import steel cased 7.62x39 from Ukraine, their newer manufacturing capability to feed their newer western systems has been according to western standards, using brass and copper. When the war is over and Ukraine receives most favored nation trading status to help their economy recover, we'll eventually start seeing this over here. Probably not til the end of Trump's next term, since Ukraine will obviously need to stockpile for the next one.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

1st Deputy Commander of the Georgian volunteer brigade, wearing his CZ P10, even while cooking up some traditional Chakapuli (lamb and tarragon stew).

Some hot footage spliced together here from recent weeks.

American volunteer with rare Black Storm BS-3 bullpup and Mandalorian Patch in recently captured Zolota Balka, NE of Kherson. This is the way.

Sniping silly sovietsky slobs on Sunday from a soft sofa with an AR-10
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

Captured GM 94.
Attachments
32A5DACE-576E-4F12-B3E2-1CEFDF70C87B.jpeg
AA1C9719-E11C-4C22-AB8B-E15AF46CE1A0.jpeg
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again;...we gotta get into this drone thing. Death from afar is cool, yeah, but death from above is even better.

Some Americans stirring up some hornets.

The outskirts of Petropavlivka. Photos like this are common now. To celebrate their victories, squads pose at village signs at every newly liberated one. It has become its own propaganda meme, with new ones popping up every few hours it seems these last 2 days as the Russian lines collapse. But uncommon is the rifle the guy center front is holding;...a Polish GROT. This soldier is American Zach Harrisson, who was in his 4th year of medical school when the invasion happened and joined the army. Zach had this to say about his rifle;...I have a Grot issued to me right now. It’s pretty reliable, but I haven’t put it through too too much yet. It’s s bit heavy. Big complaint is it came with the muzzle break pinned, so putting a suppressor on is a PITA. I would prefer the carbine model. M4 still the king.

2nd in command of Ukraine's armed forces, 3-star General Olexander Syrskiy, in a photo from liberated Lyman. Ak12 mags stuffed in his chest rig, as well as a SIG 320.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

TONIGHT, WE RIDE!!!!

Serbu BFG-50 sniping at Ruskies

Recall that there was private gun ownership in Ukraine, so lots of unique stuff was/is owned there. Here is Norinco PX-3 clone of the SIG P226 chambered in 7.62x25 that is the personal pistol of a Ukrainian citizen soldier.

Finnish volunteer sniper in Ukraine with Barrett MRAD and M4

Here's one you've only seen in pictures,...a Beretta ARX200 in .308! As far as I'm aware, only Qatar and Argentina have adopted this rifle. I don't think any semi-autos have made it here to the states, so it's unlikely to have been sold in Ukraine as a civilian weapon. And yet, here it is. Many samples have been sent out for field trials to some of the Baltic nations, so when it wasn't adopted there, they might have just been sitting around in some depot, unused. Someone said "send them to Ukraine", maybe? Who knows? A real mystery.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Kids growing up in the middle of a war. How do they do it? And how do you keep this one alive who is running around with his own realistic-looking Draco airsoft when Russians killing anybody whether armed or not? This little tiger is out there emulating his heroes when he could easily get whacked right along with them. Insane!

A suppressed Ruger Precision Rifle deployed in Ukraine.

Another American volunteer (on left, flag patch on chest)

What you see here are brand spanking new Para FALs and magazines still fresh in the wrap, newly unpacked. These are war reserve rifles the Belgians decided they could do without and sent them to Ukraine. Not known how many they sent. These appear to be 50.61 models.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Getting in some range time with a Tikka T3 (likely in 6.5Creedmore) and a Fort 301 (Galil copy) in .308

Holding the border with Russia, east of Sumi.

Looks like Russia issued body armor is just plain old AR500 product with Rhinoliner type coating. No fancy lightweight ceramics like U.S. armor. But it works. This guy got nailed TWICE by a Ukrainian sniper. And thanks to his plate he doesn't have any new bellybuttons.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

While we have seen Mosin-Nagant rifles pressed into service in this war, they have usually been done so by the separatist or Russian forces. While Ukrainians fielded them early on just to get guns in the hands of as many people as possible, they were usually relegated to checkpoints and not front lines. Because western advisors had begun reforming the infantry's sniper and marksman programs many years ago, Ukraine started buying western-standard quality rifles, resulting in us seeing today in the field all sorts of Ruger RPRs, Barrett MRADs, Savage 110s, Desert Tech SRSs, AI Arctic Warfares and such. So why does this "Ukie" have one? Maybe policed up from some position they overran and just decided he liked it and wanted to play Pop The Weasel with some Waskalwy Wussians? Who knows?

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

A Ukrainian farmer with his suppressed Ruger American
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

This guy poses with a Polish Granatnik RGP-40 and his AK74. If you look closely, on his chest next to the Ukrainian flag patch, he also wears a subdued U.S. Special Forces flash. The practice in the field there among American volunteers is to have an American flag patch. Most American volunteers have NOT been former SF, and many not even veterans at all. So could this just be a Ukrainian who perhaps once was a pupil of SF guys who were in country before the invasion, and likes to advertise his admiration? Or maybe he's actually a former Green Beret? Who knows? But I suspect he's not American.

So typical of Ukrainian volunteers. While most units have the same weapons, some are like this one; a PKM, an AK74, an AR15 type and an FN Scar-L.

Russian Spetznaz sniper with suppressed Dragunov
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Even Ukrainians enjoy just doing some recreational plinking on their down time.

Footage from May of American volunteers (former Rangers and Marines).

Defected Russian soldiers now fighting for Ukraine, assigned to a unit outfitted exclusively with FN 2000 bullpups.

Give the big scary gun to the American, he'll shoot anything! This guy is shooting the RG-1 "Piston" grenade launcher. These rounds are normally fired from a mounted belt-fed.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Barrett M82 .50 cal that blew up using SLAP ammo in Ukraine. The text is warning people against using the plastic-saboted machine gun ammo in their sniper rifles.

Captured Russian KSVK 12.7x108mm with a Ukrainian soldier

Russian PP-2000 SMG cal 9x19mm

Liberated AK74M taken today from a Wagner contractor who was administratively retired. At some point recently, this Wagnerite had purchased a commercial scope rail and stuck a WW2 Mosin-Nagant PU 4X scope on it. Nothing but the best for those slavic slobs.

Old photo from back in late April of new volunteers with nearly new M-14s on the range.

When the Brits decided to ditch the Hi-Power, they invited Glock to submit a pistol for the trials that had a manual safety duplicating the feel and location of the cross-button safety on the L85 rifles. While ultimately not adopted, a number of Gen3 G17s thus modified were submitted for trials. These were designated L131. Ultimately, the Ministry of Defense adopted the standard Glock Gen4 G17, which was designated the L131A1. With the trials pistols no longer needed, apparently they were sent to Ukraine, like this one. The only other Glocks in the world known to also have this manual safety is a contract run of Gen3 G19s for the Portugese National Police

A Gen1 Walther P99 donated by Germany or a privately purchased one. Impossible to tell.

A couple of Ruger RPRs in .338Lapua

Civil Defense volunteers in Lviv, in June, all armed with M14s.

A Russian Spetsnaz trooper with a WW2 PTRS-41 anti-tank rifle in 14.5x114mm

Here's a suppressed PTRD-41, also in 14.5x114mm

When you are miles and miles away from a depot armorer, but you can weld,....

The only explanation here is to remember that in WW2, the U.S. sent a crap load of stuff to the Soviets as part of Lend-Lease, and this included Thompsons. They didn't see front line use, but ended up in various armories throughout the USSR, including Ukraine. This one may have been in a museum. Who knows? But this Donetsk separatist has it now.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Give the medic the burp-gun (Ppsh41)

Oh the museum pieces that end up in Ukraine! This MP44 was taken off a Luhansk separatist trying to slip out of the encirclement of Lyman a couple weeks ago.

More former Lend-Lease stuff turning up in hands of separatists, considered second-hand and not front line gear because ammo and parts can be hard to find. This is a pre-1922 genuine Colt 1911,...NOT a 1911A1. Notice the flat mainspring housing, small grip safety spur and commercial patents scroll markings on the slide and blue finish. Seems to have been well cared for until now.

The Belgians have sent a very large amount of weaponry in proportion to their size and inventories. They remember what its like to be invaded and occupied.

Some Chechens from back in April. Notice the guy on the right has a suppressed Makarov.

Guy on the left has a 7.62x39 RPD which are pretty rare these days.

Here we see a Fort-401 (license-built copy of the Israeli Negev) belt-fed 5.56 SAW with the Azov boys in Mariupol back in late April.