Wheelchairs at the gun show?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
AstonMiura
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Wheelchairs at the gun show?

Post by AstonMiura »

Do they provide wheelchairs at the gun show?My 72yr old father had triple bypass surgery and can't walk very long.

Suck My Glock

Re: Wheelchairs at the gun show?

Post by Suck My Glock »

I can't recall ever seeing that. I've seen people in their own powered scooters, but not wheelchairs provided by the venue. Although I can't claim I was paying attention for whether such existed, either.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AstonMiura wrote: February 25th, 2022, 10:43 pm Do they provide wheelchairs at the gun show?My 72yr old father had triple bypass surgery and can't walk very long.
I've seen several wheelchairs at Goodwill, maybe you should invest in one. Expecting others to provide for your problems is rude.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

most of the medical supply joints will rent one, but if one thinks it may be of use, they are for sale all over, offer up, craigslist, i know buying one is a bummer, but these days rare with exception at airport or some community based locations do they offer that assistance.
best to fend for ones self, pay the piper and be comfortable in knowing one does not have to rely on others for the success of a family moment
Rj
AstonMiura

Post by AstonMiura »

Thanks, we will check out Goodwill
tunnug

Post by tunnug »

There's wheelchairs and there's wheeled assist chairs, the assist chairs are cheaper and require a person to push it around, the other can be manipulated by the person sitting in it by hand.
When my MIL couldn't get around on her own we got an assist chair (not sure if that's what they're called) and when she was done we used it with my Dad, they are lighter and easier to tote around.
The assist chairs look like a regular wheelchair but they have 4 small wheels.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

AstonMiura wrote: February 26th, 2022, 7:26 am Thanks, we will check out Goodwill
you can also try CL or OfferUp, worth a shot.
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

ASTIN MUIRA
I read your question and considered it legitimate. A lot of public venues DO provide wheeled assistance to their patrons. A conserved person would have the same question before taking alternative methods of acquiring a somewhat expense item. It was an honest question and met by a couple of our resident downers with uncalled for criticism. As always, consider the sources. One should be able to ask a question on this forum without the automatic down talk.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

gunpoorboy1 wrote: February 26th, 2022, 6:45 pm ASTIN MUIRA
I read your question and considered it legitimate. A lot of public venues DO provide wheeled assistance to their patrons. A conserved person would have the same question before taking alternative methods of acquiring a somewhat expense item. It was an honest question and met by a couple of our resident downers with uncalled for criticism. As always, consider the sources. One should be able to ask a question on this forum without the automatic down talk.

Aww, did we hurt someone's feewings?

Clyde
Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Drmark »

delta6

Post by delta6 »

Do Not Feed The Trolls.jpg
AstonMiura

Post by AstonMiura »

It was a legitimate question. My father had triple bypass surgery a month ago and is finally wanting to get out. We went and just took a lot of breaks.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

I echo this sentiment.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

How did it go? Did you buy a wheelchair, or was one provided? Were you able to negotiate the aisles? Did your father enjoy his outing, and is his condition improving?
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I'll echo this as well. Just ignore the guy who feels the need to spin a simple question into a political statement. If you were asking about welfare programs that provide wheelchairs I'd be closer to the other person's sentiment - but asking if an event provides something for their patrons is not the same thing.