The scaled down JR-15 for kids is exploding heads of libtards

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

The scaled down JR-15 for kids is exploding heads of libtards

Post by Suck My Glock »

They interpret the entire thing as "marketing to kids",...as if they could go buy one. They are marketing to parents, obviously. But facts have nothing to do with liberal politics.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90721663/an ... -advocates

Half Cocked

Re: The scaled down JR-15 for kids is exploding heads of libtards

Post by Half Cocked »

More info on this product.

https://wee1tactical.com/wp-content/upl ... HURE_W.pdf

https://wee1tactical.com/wp-content/upl ... -SS22b.pdf

MSRP supposed to be around $400. With Bidenflation it may be a bit more.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

The governor of commiefornia is not amused... LOL Some of the responses are gold...

He calls it "a weapon of war..." I look forward to him arming the army of commifornia with 22LR based "weapons of war..."

BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I like the fact that it comes with a one round magazine but that you can upgrade. Candidly, the first gun that I bought for my kids was a breach break .22lr - and I specifically wanted a single shot - so that I was able to very tightly manage them... Put a handful of 22 in your pocket... hand them one to load... take the shot... discuss what worked and didn't work with a degree of confidence that if the 6 year old, and dad both lose focus at the same time we have not flagged someone with a loaded gun. That was the up-side and it never happened. However, that gun got used 2-3 times per kid after which they were on to "bigger and better things" like the 10/22.

I think giving them a semi-auto .22 that builds AR platform muscle memory and can be a single shot rifle until they are ready for the next thing is, frankly, genius.
xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

IMG_0013.JPG
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

BigNate wrote: February 18th, 2022, 1:35 pm I like the fact that it comes with a one round magazine but that you can upgrade. Candidly, the first gun that I bought for my kids was a breach break .22lr - and I specifically wanted a single shot - so that I was able to very tightly manage them... Put a handful of 22 in your pocket... hand them one to load... take the shot... discuss what worked and didn't work with a degree of confidence that if the 6 year old, and dad both lose focus at the same time we have not flagged someone with a loaded gun. That was the up-side and it never happened. However, that gun got used 2-3 times per kid after which they were on to "bigger and better things" like the 10/22.

I think giving them a semi-auto .22 that builds AR platform muscle memory and can be a single shot rifle until they are ready for the next thing is, frankly, genius.
This has been my thoughts on the subject as well. My oldest is turning 7 shortly and its about time to get introduced and I have been going back and forth on what that will be.
Doc

Post by Doc »

BigNate wrote: February 18th, 2022, 1:35 pm I like the fact that it comes with a one round magazine but that you can upgrade. Candidly, the first gun that I bought for my kids was a breach break .22lr - and I specifically wanted a single shot - so that I was able to very tightly manage them... Put a handful of 22 in your pocket... hand them one to load... take the shot... discuss what worked and didn't work with a degree of confidence that if the 6 year old, and dad both lose focus at the same time we have not flagged someone with a loaded gun. That was the up-side and it never happened. However, that gun got used 2-3 times per kid after which they were on to "bigger and better things" like the 10/22.

I went with a bolt action 22lr, magazine fed, for the kids.

Same technique. Dad controls the ammo so we can’t have any problems. 1 round at a time and we won’t have problems.

It lasted about as long as yours. 3 times out and kid was given the green light to load 2. Now kid loads 10, shoots the bolt gun as fast as a 10/22 as far as my ammo stash can tell.

My philosophy has always been, buy the kid an appropriate rifle for the moment but also ensure it will be scaleable, serve a purpose in the future.

This 22lr bolt rifle will serve the kid well into adulthood and can be used to introduce new shooters along their journey or it can be used like the Israeli forces use them. Lol.

When kid is ready for AR15, kid will have an AR15 and when we start it will be 1 round at a time.

Just my thoughts.

I do like that it gets under the skin of Newsome. He’s fun to watch get upset. Lol.
Blue109

Post by Blue109 »

How dare you market this evil stuff to kids....
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

rockbronco wrote: February 21st, 2022, 8:53 am This has been my thoughts on the subject as well. My oldest is turning 7 shortly and its about time to get introduced and I have been going back and forth on what that will be.
My boys were 5 and 7 when I started talking about safety rules with them. I told them that when they could not just repeat the rules to me, but could explain to me why they were each important, I'd take them shooting. It took a while - they had just turned 6 and 8 respectively when we went out the first time.

It paid off. I used to tell people that I was much more comfortable with my pre-teens out in the sticks with guns than I was at the main range at Ben Avery. Today they are in their early 20s and both are "gun evangelists" within their peer groups - often taking friends who have never shot out on their first shoot. Makes daddy proud for sure... :-)
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

My son was 5-6 when I started to teach him how to shoot using a Springfield .22 single shot kids bolt rifle. That was around 66 years ago. He took to it like a duck to water. His next rifle was a Savage bolt action rifle clip fed. I let him keep it in his closet in the case, but Dad had the ammo secured. Never had a problem. He knew that the rifle was not a toy and never showed it off to his friends. I see nothing wrong with teaching kids gun safety and how to shoot at a young age. When I was a Scout master most of my Scouts had their Marksmanship merit badge. Before they could touch a gun, they had to know the safety rules like their A, B, Cs.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

When I was six, my mostly disinterested father came home, and "gave" me a .22LR Piston - it was a S&W model 2206 (Wish I could find one that wasn't stupid priced these days....) and his instruction for safety was "Don't shoot yourself shithead."

Didn't shoot myself (luckily) - but man did that thing teach me a lot and set the stage for a lifelong passion.

I picked up a little 1950s Sears "safety" single shot .22 rifle for when I take my friends 6 year old daughter out shooting.
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Our Dad started us young. Here's me at the ripe age of four years old (1961) shooting a 1911 that my Son now owns.

Tenring

Post by Tenring »

rockbronco wrote: February 21st, 2022, 8:53 am

This has been my thoughts on the subject as well. My oldest is turning 7 shortly and its about time to get introduced and I have been going back and forth on what that will be.
Started my kids on a Henry. 22, now young adults they still have their rifle and shoot them occasionally. Handgun a few years later was a Ruger single six. They were 5 and 7 when they started shooting.