DDLES still in business?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

DDLES still in business?

Post by admin »

DDLES site is up and copyright is relatively current (2021). I know they had issues back in 2014 and stopped making receivers. The site now is just little parts and adapters. Email still works. I placed an order for ~$50 and it charged, got my order notification via email and my CC was charged. This was a few days ago (last week). I'm trying to get info on when it will ship and tried calling (left a VM), emailing and using the contact form on the site.

Is DDLES still in business?

Glock_Holiday
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: DDLES still in business?

Post by Glock_Holiday »

admin wrote: February 9th, 2022, 11:03 am DDLES site is up and copyright is relatively current (2021). I know they had issues back in 2014 and stopped making receivers. The site now is just little parts and adapters. Email still works. I placed an order for ~$50 and it charged, got my order notification via email and my CC was charged. This was a few days ago (last week). I'm trying to get info on when it will ship and tried calling (left a VM), emailing and using the contact form on the site.

Is DDLES still in business?
I thought they split years ago due to a bad partnership. I thought one of the partners is who started Quarter Circle 10. Could be wrong though.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Right, but that was due to the receivers they made.

I'm wondering if DDLES is still in business selling misc parts. It appears to be the case from what I can tell, but I was hoping that someone in Tucson (I think they are based there) might know more.
freefly

Post by freefly »

admin wrote: February 9th, 2022, 6:35 pm Right, but that was due to the receivers they made.

I'm wondering if DDLES is still in business selling misc parts. It appears to be the case from what I can tell, but I was hoping that someone in Tucson (I think they are based there) might know more.
Just checked and their (Tucson) LLC still active/valid. However...

The address listed comes back to residential home, and his previous FFL appears to be expired/invalid.

Looks like the "DDLES.com" website is still up, but it lists a Wisconsin address and the phone number listed is a VOIP/Google Voice number (usually a red flag).

I vaguely remember the split being due to lots of folks being ripped off, and DDLES being dissolved as a result. Either way, proceed with caution...
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

AZ LLC's are generally perpetual, so that's not necessarily an indicator either way unless it has been updated post-2015 or so.

His web site suggests that he doesn't sell receivers anymore or firearms - only parts and adapters - so not a huge issue that he doesn't have a valid FFL anymore.

I guess I'll let the order sit (I got charged for it) and see if the items actually ship. Even when he was in business, I've heard that he wasn't great with the communication or ship times. If I'm wrong, I'm out less than $50.
freefly

Post by freefly »

admin wrote: February 10th, 2022, 6:17 am AZ LLC's are generally perpetual, so that's not necessarily an indicator either way unless it has been updated post-2015 or so.
True. Checked the listed address and he hasn't lived there for quite a while. I wasn't even aware the guy moved to WI. Looks like he did have an active LLC there under "DDLES" for a while, but it has since been dissolved.

Quite a few horror stories back in the day, IIRC. So hopefully you will get what you ordered (or your money back). Pretty telling when the top banner of your website includes a "Waiting For Your Order?" link though. :shock:
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just got shipping notice from them, so yep - still in business, it appears. Whew!