Meets for Gun sales

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
JLG61
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Meets for Gun sales

Post by JLG61 »

When you guys do meets and you don't know the person where do you guys do meets so you feel like you have some level of security, if this has been asked and there is already a thread please direct me there, Thank you....

WRMorrison
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Meets for Gun sales

Post by WRMorrison »

Public places with lots of foot traffic in general, but not so much that every Tom, Dick and Harry looks into your trunk when walking by. Somewhere that's either well-lit at night, or during the day. It all depends on where they're coming from, as I typically try to meet them halfway. But, if I'm selling (and it's cheap enough that it's not worth me driving), I usually meet at one of the local gas stations; QuickTrip, Circle K, etc. If they're coming from the West, I might meet at Sportsman's Warehouse toward the back of the lot. I've met at my work place, Bass Pro, and lots of places around the "valley" as well. It all depends on your comfort level.

-WRM
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

Public but discreet is usually what everyone wants. I's also a good idea to have an armed friend along, maybe standing a parking space away monitoring the situation. Several time I have met someone who didn't mention they were bringing a friend, so I want equal numbers.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Since I live in Prescott and have bought several items from board members in the Phoenix area I usually meet them at the Anthem Mall at the back of the parking lot.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

I bring this. One word and he will attack anyone I direct him towards. He may seem nice and friendly but there is that other side that most never get to see.

_MG_4651.jpg
brandyspaw

Post by brandyspaw »

I usually suggest meeting up someplace like a Walmart, Sam's Club, Cabela's, etc. Really any area that's a large public parking area and I'll never meet up at night.

I should add that its really a lot less of a concern with meeting members of the local gun forums since they usually have some track records. The worst, for me at least, was meeting up with some of the squirrels from the recently departed Backpage and when buying/selling stuff on Craiglists. A lot of flakes on those sites.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

yep, if possible take back up, only had issues with crap from backpage, nothing to worry about from folks on the gun sites, most are known assholes already,

lol

happy friday ya smucks
Rj
What
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by What »

Keep in mind, that's basic gun sales. AAnything that's not as common or more expensive than usual. Always bring someone else with. I believe one of member has few grand worth of rifles stolen during sale attempt over at Desert Ridge. Gunshot were exchange but I believe it was never recovered or apprehended.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I have never had a problem whatsoever when meeting up to buy or sell a gun ever.
I don't text and I don't play email tag.
I do all my correspondence by phone. You can tell a lot about someone by just a conversation which seems to be something of the past.
People today don't want to have a conversation. If they won't talk on the phone they can go elsewhere as far as I am concerned.
Years ago when the only way to advertise something was in the newspaper. Back then they would call and you would have them come to the house.
I never heard of or even thought of meeting some place else until the internet came along. 
Hedley lamarr 23

Post by Hedley lamarr 23 »

Right in front if Walgreens... Never a problem.... Usually good ole guys on the forum..backpage.... Well.. The only problem i had with that site is... They just didnt show up..go figure
Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

I have typically met at sportsmans, especially if it is a gun. That way if anyone else sees the transaction, they shouldn't be too freaked out about it. If it is expensive I bring backup in another car or sometimes they just sit in the car.
Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

Cabela's, Sportsmans, Walgreens. Well traveled places but not overly obtrusive for checking out.
A friend along is always good. Even if it is just a Craig's list sale of junk. Cash being handled can attract flys......
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

I admit I've used a truck stop parking area several times. Never a problem yet but then it would be a good place for one.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

Good enough advice on here so I won't add anymore other than to say: Don't meet at your house where you have all of your guns, ammo and other belongings.

Neighbor friend's father had quite a collection of guns and met someone at his house to make some sort of deal. They left him with a head injury and he bled to death before anyone found him. Not sure what was taken if anything but he lost his life and nobody was ever accused of the crime.
deserttrans

Post by deserttrans »

I can not add much more here. Do recommend phone conversations vs. text and email. You can learn and observe a lot about a person by conversation.