Meets for Gun sales

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Meets for Gun sales

Post by knockonit »

Heck i used to think the same think in regards to phone versus email and texting, but it seems now a days, almost all want to text rather than discuss on the teli, ok with me, have to say. "knock on woody"
in a dozen or more years of buying locally only had one issue, and was glad i had a friend on back up, wasn't sure where the deal was gonna go, but i did expect to defend myself at first get.

Have to say, i've had more issues dealing with others on sites not in our fair land, and mostly when i was hard into collecting milsurps. boys back east thought they could swindle the arizona a hole, heheh, they found out different, its a matter of principle for me, honesty goes one hellvua long way in life.
just saying
Rj

devildogandboy
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by devildogandboy »

I do my meets at the north end of Cabelas or west end of Sportsmans. through the years I have been fortunate nothing bad ever happened, always good guys to deal with.
Racewin

Post by Racewin »

When I am buying something from someone online, I prefer to start with email as it gives me a written record should anything go down. I also find it to be a good filter. Public spaces like Wal-Mart, Sportsman's, and Cabela's can be a deterrent for someone with bad intentions IMO. Whether I bring a friend or not depends on our correspondence and their record here on AZS, if applicable.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

I like texting since I hate talking on the phone to people who like to talk too much. Those same people will keep a text much shorter. Plus it is a record keeping that might help later.

I've never had a bad gun deal when meeting people and especially when it is through a forum. Forums are a filter of sorts.
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

I do my meet ups at Cabelas or Sportsmans. Once at the Circle K ay 45 ave. and Glendale Rd. Never had a problem. All the meeting were in the daytime.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Done a bunch of deals with the old board and never had a problem of any kind.
victoryhawk

Post by victoryhawk »

Sportsman's, Bass Pro, Cabelas. Daytime only. Phone conversations. all good ideas here.
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

This is really a great thread. It brings back memories. I have done meets (buy/sell) at the normal sites ie: Carbelas, BassPro, Sportsmans, etc. But once in a while you need to go out of the NORM ! Did a couple in the parking lots of Frys Electronics (Both in Tempe & Phoenix). The Tempe meet was setup by a AZS guy, but was for his buddy in Tucson. I did bring a backup on this one since I didn't know the guy. But it was another great meet, since he met me within 15min (hard to do from a Tucson run) bought the AR for $1200 (Obama Era), gave it to his wife (she was driving back to Tucson) after he grabbed a plane at Sky Harbor.

Also have done several at the "Home Store" (corner of 51 & Cactus) Met a guy there to sell an old rifle. He drove up from Casa Grand, and met with me inside of 12 minutes (WOW) amazing timing. Also Met AZHusker there recently for an ammo buy. Great spot (Lots of light and little traffic). Also did a bunch at HOME DEPOT. Lots of activity but nobody looks in the trunks of other peoples vehicles there !
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

^^^We were the only ones in the parking lot! I once met a guy at a QT near my house (I'm a regular there). I had my trunk open and the manager caught us on camera. He asked me not to do my drug deals in his lot! We had a good laugh. Always police officers there because of the clean bathrooms.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Harrier wrote: July 14th, 2018, 6:22 am I admit I've used a truck stop parking area several times. Never a problem yet but then it would be a good place for one.
Never thought of this, I could pick up a lot lizard while I am there and kill two birds with one stone.
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

I generally offer to meet at Ben Avery so the buyer can try it first if they choose.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

338lapua wrote: July 20th, 2018, 7:54 pm
Harrier wrote: July 14th, 2018, 6:22 am I admit I've used a truck stop parking area several times. Never a problem yet but then it would be a good place for one.
Never thought of this, I could pick up a lot lizard while I am there and kill two birds with one stone.
I assume you get to shoot a gun at the same time you sell one... :whistle:
azknuckles

Post by azknuckles »

Usually a public parking lot. I have not had a single issue in near 15 years.
nvgdude

Post by nvgdude »

The normal meeting spots are Sportsmans, Cabelas, Bass Pro. Plenty of public, and everyone knows where they are.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

When I buy something from someone I always pick a place I know. I like Bass pro . Large parking lot and a lot of traffic. I will have someone pull in 20 min before me and give over watch. Then I show up 5 min before the meet time. I stay in contact with my over watch and do the deal. I take a pic of the ID of the person I'm buying from just in case its stolen and leave. My over watch leaves 5 min after.