Meets for Gun sales

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Pipedoc
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Meets for Gun sales

Post by Pipedoc »

bring a loaded concealed gun, and a concealed friend with a concealed gun don't hurt either lol

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Concealed friend should be no less than 1000yds away, armed with his 50BGM. Ya know, for anonymity sake. Well, and to suppress cover fire from their concealed friend if it goes bad.
41fan
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by 41fan »

Any buys or sells that I did in the past always started with an e-mail trail that I could archive followed by a phone call before. Always armed with at least a knife within reach but out of view. Also always asked if they wanted a receipt, for insurance, of course and a quick look at license to verify ID then jot down name and plate number. Daytime and public place, usually a sporting goods lot.
Shooterdog54

Post by Shooterdog54 »

Cities are now providing locations to meet for online sales, here are Mesa's locations, for example:
https://www.mesaaz.gov/residents/police ... ansactions
Mark

Post by Mark »

Busy, but not too busy area with good visibility and cameras.

Walmart, Target, park and ride, Bass Pro, Sportsman’s, Cabelas,etc.

Let someone know where you’re going and who you’re meeting.

I’ve never bought or sold anything worth getting into a fight over.
Later

Post by Later »

I've never had a problem with meeting someone in a fast food parking lot
randall_dubya

Post by randall_dubya »

Later wrote: December 28th, 2018, 3:10 pm I've never had a problem with meeting someone in a fast food parking lot
Big +1 to that. Bonus if the other party is running late, just walk in and enjoy some lunch while you wait.

Personally I've met up for deals at other's homes/businesses/rental properties, public spots like gas stations, sporting goods stores, big-box places like Wal-Mart or Home Depot. Mostly during daylight hours, but have met up a handful of times at night. Never had any issues. If I get bad vibes at all during the negotiation process, I'll just pass on the transaction.

As for the call vs text/email thing, I tend to prefer written communication. First to have a paper trail, and second because it's just more convenient. No second guessing your memory for the meeting time or place, just go back and re-read the conversation. Plus I can't stand voicemail tag, I'd much rather just let the other person read my text whenever they're able, and respond to their's as soon as I'm able.
Black_water

Post by Black_water »

I have never had a problem with anyone, either from this forum or backpage. Like stated above, talk on the phone, meet in a public place and you should be good.

The benefit of this forum vs backpage or some other place is that here (I assume is the same as the old board) there is feedback and that feedback was priceless when doing business.