Live next door to Gunsite

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Live next door to Gunsite

Post by Suck My Glock »

I was just cruising some land websites, daydreaming about living out where I could shoot off the back porch, and found this.

https://www.landwatch.com/yavapai-count ... /412304353

Literally adjoining the Gunsite boundary, with 3 ranges on the property, 3 houses and has served as a lodge for guests attending Gunsite. Known as RAVEN ROOST and also GUNSITE BUNKHOUSE, its 148 acres with lots of room to build out more or subdivide.

Ah,...if only I had the coin,....

xerts1191

Re: Live next door to Gunsite

Post by xerts1191 »

Uh yeah!
Brlux

Post by Brlux »

Atleasy you won't have to worry about your neighbors complaining about you shooting on your property.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Group buy?
McKnight55

Post by McKnight55 »

This website might be interesting for your cruising.
The couple has a tv show and a large following.

https://www.cheapoldhouses.com/latestlistings/

Edit:

Link to their Show :

https://www.cheapoldhouses.com/hgtv/
Last edited by McKnight55 on January 8th, 2022, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

So awesome, wife not so excited. If i sell everything i have we could make a down payment.....
superduty38

Post by superduty38 »

Looks like I will be buying a Power Ball ticket, only way to afford that but it sure would be nice to have a place like that.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 8th, 2022, 3:31 am I was just cruising some land websites, daydreaming about living out where I could shoot off the back porch, and found this.

https://www.landwatch.com/yavapai-count ... /412304353

Literally adjoining the Gunsite boundary, with 3 ranges on the property, 3 houses and has served as a lodge for guests attending Gunsite. Known as RAVEN ROOST and also GUNSITE BUNKHOUSE, its 148 acres with lots of room to build out more or subdivide.

Ah,...if only I had the coin,....
Yep.....
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

I stayed there for a coupla days in the late 90’s while attending a GAS match-they have significantly changed the interior since then. Back then it had a rough hewn cowboy log cabin/bunk house motif and there were no ranges. It was also expensive to stay there with the draw being you were a one minute drive from the “Revelations” classroom so you could, in theory, catch a few more Z’s in the AM. IIRC the cheapest rack was $50.00 a nite and it was literally a bunkbed in a room with five other guys. I only had one other bunk mate but he snored louder than a mini-gun so I moved to the great room and de facto paid a C note to sleep on a couch for two nites. There were other one and two man rooms but they were as expensive as the Prescott Hilton. The dirt/gravel road to Gunsite back in the day was occasionally very bad after a hard rain and no fun to drive on in the morning if you were pressed for time so that was a point in favor of flopping at Ravens Roost. As a private home it’d have some definite perks, as a place to buy as a lodge you’d go broke-especially since Mills has been pushing to get the road to Gunsite paved and it finally will be.
martyd

Post by martyd »

I can come up with the last 6 digits.
I wounder if they would consider that as an offer?
martyd

Post by martyd »

I can come up with the last 5 digits.
I wounder if they would consider that as a full offer?
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

If any of you are serious, I've got an alternative for you. That listing is for George Ganem's property (Ganem Jewelers). 145 acres, including the Ravens Roost. I was there a couple of years ago. The Ravens Roost is dilapidated, IMO a tear-down.

Keep this one on your radar: https://www.zillow.com/homes/2350-W-Gun ... 9383_zpid/ The owner, a longtime Gunsite instructor, died recently. I expect his widow will put it on the market sometime this year. It's only 11 acres, which is still a good size property, but brings the price way down. The house is pretty nice. It has a 12-station shooting range on the property, walking distance from the house, which he used for private instruction ("Firebase Academy"). It is also adjacent to Gunsite. and more affordable.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.8666106 ... a=!3m1!1e3
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

smithers599 wrote: January 10th, 2022, 7:33 pm If any of you are serious, I've got an alternative for you. That listing is for George Ganem's property (Ganem Jewelers). 145 acres, including the Ravens Roost. I was there a couple of years ago. The Ravens Roost is dilapidated, IMO a tear-down.

Keep this one on your radar: https://www.zillow.com/homes/2350-W-Gun ... 9383_zpid/ The owner, a longtime Gunsite instructor, died recently. I expect his widow will put it on the market sometime this year. It's only 11 acres, which is still a good size property, but brings the price way down. The house is pretty nice. It has a 12-station shooting range on the property, walking distance from the house, which he used for private instruction ("Firebase Academy"). It is also adjacent to Gunsite. and more affordable.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.8666106 ... a=!3m1!1e3
George Ganem was a classmate of mine in a API 270 course (Jee hadn’t yet changed the course prefix to “GTC”) that was held just after the rancorous Cooper/Jee Gunsite dispute. I still have the diagram of the final shoot off competition with all our names and who we shot against on it. Another famous/infamous person taking-not instructing the 270 class, was Gabe Suarez but this was several years before he went to jail. Last but not least Peter Kokalis was also a classmate of our ours. Good times back then. Gunsite hadn’t yet began its long glide path to glitz and mediocrity.
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

Nice. Just a little out of my price range.