Would you be prosecuted for this???

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Would you be prosecuted for this???

Post by kenpoprofessor »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... geles.html
At this time in 2019, the Los Angeles Police Department recorded 251 homicides. As of December 18, there have been 382 slayings in the city, representing a 52 percent increase, according to LAPD data.

The robbery at the Rite Aid also took place about 30 minutes away from a fatal shooting at a Burlington Coat Factory store in North Hollywood.

A 14-year-old girl was killed by a stray bullet after a Los Angeles Police Officer opened fire on a man assaulting a woman in the clothing store on Thursday, police said.

LA Police Capt. Stacy Sell said police responded to reports of an assault and shots being fired at the store just before noon.

When an officer arrived, Sell said the cop opened fire on the suspect, killing him and a 14-year-old girl who was hiding in the store dressing room with her mother.

Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Nicholas Prange said the suspect and the victim were pronounced dead at the scene.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

smithers599

Re: Would you be prosecuted for this???

Post by smithers599 »

Yes, any of us would be prosecuted for that, as will this cop, I certainly hope.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Yup, which is why we all need be SURE Of our targets. L/E gets a full pass on these type of incidents, for better or worse. That said, I'm sure the family will be solicited by any number of scheisters who will sue the City on contingency. They will get paid, at least. :cry:
Flash

Post by Flash »

LE should be held to a higher standard than citizens, not a lower one.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

pneuby wrote: December 25th, 2021, 7:46 am Yup, which is why we all need be SURE Of our targets. L/E gets a full pass on these type of incidents, for better or worse. That said, I'm sure the family will be solicited by any number of scheisters who will sue the City on contingency. They will get paid, at least. :cry:
And why I've advocated for many, many years to have cops lose the "qualified immunity" and make them carry "malpractice insurance" identical to doctors and lawyers. This would protect the citizens from having to pay for stupid and rogue cops. This should also be mandatory for any person elected to any political office.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Doc

Post by Doc »

Not when I tell them my name is officer Alec and I didn’t pull the trigger.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

We are just speculating here, but there's nothing wrong with that, so let's speculate away. If that occurred in Pima County, you would be prosecuted, for sure. In Maricopa County, maybe, maybe not. If you were in Chicago or Minneapolis, you would be prosecuted if you were white, but not prosecuted if you were black. It might also depend on the race of the innocent bystander.

If you saw some guy beating a woman with a bicycle lock, and you intervened, and accidentally shot an innocent bystander, you would be prosecuted for sure, because it was "not your business" to get involved. If you were a cop, maybe not, because it was your business to get involved. If you were the person being beaten with a bicycle lock, then you might not get prosecuted, because it really was your business, and Bike Lock Boy would be the one responsible under the Felony Murder Rule.

So, the correct answer is "It depends."
Half Cocked

Post by Half Cocked »

Why does the link in the opening post go to a story titled: "Shocking video shows woman armed with a PICKAXE shoplifting in broad daylight at a Rite Aid in crime-ridden Los Angeles?"
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Half Cocked wrote: December 25th, 2021, 1:25 pm Why does the link in the opening post go to a story titled: "Shocking video shows woman armed with a PICKAXE shoplifting in broad daylight at a Rite Aid in crime-ridden Los Angeles?"
Does it matter? If so, why? I highlighted the particular portion that was relevant, do you not see it??

Clyde
Half Cocked

Post by Half Cocked »

kenpoprofessor wrote: December 25th, 2021, 1:30 pm
Half Cocked wrote: December 25th, 2021, 1:25 pm Why does the link in the opening post go to a story titled: "Shocking video shows woman armed with a PICKAXE shoplifting in broad daylight at a Rite Aid in crime-ridden Los Angeles?"
Does it matter? If so, why? I highlighted the particular portion that was relevant, do you not see it??

Clyde
If it didn't matter why post it? Links are posted so that the readers can read the original article.

A more proper response on your part would be for you to admit that the link is incorrect and supply the correct link.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Half Cocked wrote: December 25th, 2021, 1:37 pm
kenpoprofessor wrote: December 25th, 2021, 1:30 pm

Clyde
If it didn't matter why post it? Links are posted so that the readers can read the original article.

A more proper response on your part would be for you to admit that the link is incorrect and supply the correct link.

I posted a quote from the link, are you not capable of taking some information for the rest of the information??? Generally, I've found that lazy people always request more information, even when it's presented to them in a more mundane way and right in front of them.

Clyde
Last edited by kenpoprofessor on December 25th, 2021, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

Shoplifter with a pick ax and a roll along cart for stolen goodies, interesting in itself, yeah that girl in the dressing room wont see it but her family will be movin on up to the east on taxpayer pay out.