Christmas money spending

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
thom
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Christmas money spending

Post by thom »

What is everyone looking to buy with their leftover Christmas money?

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Christmas money spending

Post by AZ_Five56 »

This has been the question on my mind all day. I'm looking at a couple of sweet AK build kits, and I need a scope for an air rifle I picked up.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Kinda already spent all mine. The joy of no kids and a family that doesn't celebrate lol. Picked up a Ruger Precision Rifle, Athlon Midas, and Atlas bipod. Also ordered the folding stock adapter, extended charging handle, optics mount for my Kalashnikov KS12t and a Vortex UH1. Amazingly I contemplated putting my Xmas bonus into savings, till I got on the internet.

XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Leftover? Who has leftover money, ever?

Hoping to scoop up a new to me Jeep this weekend. Anyone need a XJ?

Also, no kids and I boycott christmas.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

XJThrottle wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 9:57 pm Leftover? Who has leftover money, ever?

I don't boycott Christmas, but I talked to my kids about not doing ANY gifts this year, and instead, we're doing a bunch of family experiences. Some activities will just be free stuff around town, and then we're going to burn some gas to go up north for the kids to play in the snow. Other than that, we're doing a big fancy dinner which is not something we typically do. It will be a lot cheaper for me, and the kids will actually remember this Christmas unlike all the other years where they got dumb toys that they ended up forgetting about the week after Christmas.

The bonus... More gun money. :D
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

paulgt2164 wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 9:57 pm Kinda already spent all mine. The joy of no kids and a family that doesn't celebrate lol. Picked up a Ruger Precision Rifle, Athlon Midas, and Atlas bipod. Also ordered the folding stock adapter, extended charging handle, optics mount for my Kalashnikov KS12t and a Vortex UH1. Amazingly I contemplated putting my Xmas bonus into savings, till I got on the internet.
I had a gen2 UH1, and I loved it. I ended up selling it for some reason, and I ended up with an EOTech EXPS3. I do not like it as much as the Vortex, and you can't beat the Vortex warranty.

How are you liking the Athlon? I haven't ventured into those waters yet, and I considered a couple from them when I've been shopping around the last couple of days. I was wondering how some of their cheaper lines are. I'm trying to get something for this air rifle that's pretty decent, but without going crazy.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

AZ_Five56 wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 10:07 pm
XJThrottle wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 9:57 pm Leftover? Who has leftover money, ever?

I don't boycott Christmas, but I talked to my kids about not doing ANY gifts this year, and instead, we're doing a bunch of family experiences. Some activities will just be free stuff around town, and then we're going to burn some gas to go up north for the kids to play in the snow. Other than that, we're doing a big fancy dinner which is not something we typically do. It will be a lot cheaper for me, and the kids will actually remember this Christmas unlike all the other years where they got dumb toys that they ended up forgetting about the week after Christmas.

The bonus... More gun money. :D
I hope your dinner event is all you could wish for.

My girlfiend's bday is the 26th. She got screwed as a kid growing up in and out of foster care/homes. So, I don't buy her presents for either, but take her on trip to pretty much anywhere she would like to go. Some years Hawaii to visit my nieces/nephew, New Orleans for a concert. Last year we took the train to San Antonio just to go to the zoo. Some may say that's the long way to get there, but that was kinda the point. I fly for free most of the time, and she fly's with me for free. The train just seemed like fun..

Spent a day watching the country side go by with my gal, having cocktails, and chating away. I couldn't have wished for more and it wasn't even my day.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

I was going to buy a SA-35. I figured the major retailers would have them before Christmas.

I figured WRONG. Ain't paying GB prices. Guess I'll have to be happy with my !!! other guns for now.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Treated myself to a NIB M249S and an TA31F ACOG. :D You only go around once so why not.

Last edited by samnev on December 24th, 2021, 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

samnev wrote: December 24th, 2021, 7:21 am Treated myself to a NIB M249S and an TA31F ACOG. :D You only go around once so why not.
Nice choice!
Doc

Post by Doc »

XJThrottle wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 10:42 pm My girlfiend's bday is the 26th. She got screwed as a kid growing up in and out of foster care/homes. So, I don't buy her presents for either,
:icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol:

Damn. A girl like that would think I’m the best BF in the universe when let her get the cheeseburger at AMPM.

I actually thought about looking for my next girl at the trailer park behind the VFW. Hear me out…..she’s probably very appreciative and won’t complain if the roof leaks a little bit.
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

I’m buying the .gov out of my retirement plan.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

FJB. Saved Christmas he says.

Bullshit.

Since I like to eat and drive that's where my extra money went. Oh and the exxon refinery plant explosion will probably make gas prices get even worse
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

DevilDocAZ wrote: December 24th, 2021, 9:34 am
XJThrottle wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 10:42 pm My girlfiend's bday is the 26th. She got screwed as a kid growing up in and out of foster care/homes. So, I don't buy her presents for either,
:icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol:

Damn. A girl like that would think I’m the best BF in the universe when let her get the cheeseburger at AMPM.

I actually thought about looking for my next girl at the trailer park behind the VFW. Hear me out…..she’s probably very appreciative and won’t complain if the roof leaks a little bit.
Why is there always a trailer park behind the VFW?
Flash

Post by Flash »

DevilDocAZ wrote: December 24th, 2021, 9:34 am Damn. A girl like that would think I’m the best BF in the universe when let her get the cheeseburger at AMPM.

You're very right. My first wife came from money and she spent it like it was water. No matter how much I made, it wasn't enough, no matter how new or big a house I bought, it wasn't enough.

My current wife came from poverty. She's extremely grateful if she gets $10.00 or so or at least she was for the first 20 years we were together.

Actually, she still is to a degree although she's more casual about spending money now.