BLM closed all shooting spots near pleasant lake

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: BLM closed all shooting spots near pleasant lake

Post by QuietM4 »

That Guy wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:14 pm Oh shucks. If only there was a world class shooting range on the way to LAKE Pleasant and one of the top tactical ranges in country to the south. Shucks, gosh darn it, of fudge, and “H” “E” double toothpicks.
This was my exact thought.

And this is why I never tell anyone my desert shooting spots. I was stopped once by a Tonto National Forest Ranger on my way out of Queen Valley years ago...he was stopping everyone and asking to see their bag of trash, spent brass, etc. I pick up my brass and targets...unlike most other shooters out there...usually I take out more trash than I came in with. It was about 1pm,and he had written 86 tickets for littering that day already...it was a $750 ticket.

I wish they would do this much more often at Queen Valley, Sugar Loaf, Sycamore, Church Camp Rd, etc. It's the only thing that will keep shooting areas clean. Right now, BLM won't allow any volunteer cleanups to happen due to "hazmat issues".

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

QuietM4 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:25 pm I wish they would do this much more often at Queen Valley, Sugar Loaf, Sycamore, Church Camp Rd, etc. It's the only thing that will keep shooting areas clean. Right now, BLM won't allow any volunteer cleanups to happen due to "hazmat issues".
I did a cleanup project with my kids at one of the Table Mesa spots last year. I'm fine taking them out there to pick up a lot of the larger surface litter, but if you try raking up all of the brass and small garbage, it puts a tremendous amount of lead into the air. It's most definitely a hazmat issue.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

That Guy wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:14 pm Oh shucks. If only there was a world class shooting range on the way to LAKE Pleasant and one of the top tactical ranges in country to the south. Shucks, gosh darn it, of fudge, and “H” “E” double toothpicks.
Gosh, golly gee, darn, shucks, if that "world class range" wasn't run by the same A-Holes that "consulted" on the "ranges" built near lake pleasant it would really be great.

There are a few on here who shoot sub-guns, machineguns, and 50s that the mere handling of violates the rules of "the world class range", Let's not be Fudds.
Last edited by YNOTAZ on December 4th, 2021, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

QuietM4 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:25 pm

And this is why I never tell anyone my desert shooting spots. I was stopped once by a Tonto National Forest Ranger on my way out of Queen Valley years ago...he was stopping everyone and asking to see their bag of trash, spent brass, etc. I pick up my brass and targets...unlike most other shooters out there...usually I take out more trash than I came in with. It was about 1pm,and he had written 86 tickets for littering that day already...it was a $750 ticket.
How can one write a ticket with no evidence?
"I gave my brass to a fellow shooter next to me who reloads, because I don't."
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Pro2a wrote: December 4th, 2021, 3:12 am
QuietM4 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:25 pm

How can one write a ticket with no evidence?
"I gave my brass to a fellow shooter next to me who reloads, because I don't."
Did you shoot paper targets? Where is the left over remnants of those targets?
I see you are shooting 22 rimfire? Does the shooter next to you reload 22 rimfire?

How does a police officer prove to you that you were speeding based on him pacing your vehicle with his? Is it on video? How do you get a ticket for a broken tail light? Did the officer take video evidence of your tail light not working? No...he just writes you a ticket. If 50% of the people don't fight the ticket, they still make thousands of dollars in fines.

I rarely go shooting in the desert/forest, but I've always got trash bags in my vehicle. It's just being a good steward of the land.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

dumping in desert has always been an issue, and probably always will be, the cure it to police an area for a period, and eventually it will end the bulk of it, the end game has always been do nothing and the a..holes will destroy their opportunity.

Its not the, what i would call real shooters, its the walmart buyers, ect. first timers, who don't understand the issues at hand, done more cleanups than i like to think about, paid for more dump trips than i'd like to think about, and have educated many, some almost to the point of a violent ending, the trashers are irresponsible people who will never own anything of absolute value, and could care not one iota on your rights, selfish knuckleheads to say the least.

Its about control always has been, the blm does not want you to do anything on public land, each area has a new chief every few years ,and treats it like its his/her feifdom, having dealth with the knuckleheads for decades on land leases and cattle agreements, and rules, what they say is not what they mean, THINK ATF, same bullshiat.

I was castigated by a few at the meeting prior to the actual function of the so called new state of the art ranges, knowing full well their long game was to stop the desert side.
they spent millions on a range that will allow maybe 10 people to shoot at once, one of the most absolute idiot things they could have done, the local chief should be run out of town on a splintery rail. One can see what is probably a 250k fence , take a drive and see if you would like to shoot at a range where you can't paint target, cant replace target, and only 10 folks on a 25 ft wide shooting pad, yeah, get it. bring on the muzzle breaks ,i say
Rj
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Worthless fag troll.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

"That Guy" is a douche canoe, don't be "That Guy"
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

BLM is saving the natural outdoors for the next generation.

You know their children and grandchildren who sit on the couch playing video games, killing everything in sight, are allergic to everything, like being within 100 miles of a peanut or a pinecone, and are offended by everything like animal procreating and feeding on other animals.

Those kids will really enjoy the outdoors.
87jeep

Post by 87jeep »

Well said!
Longhair1957

Post by Longhair1957 »

While there is a world class range I agree. It’s ran by douches.
And then this appointment shlt! I never shoot for only 90 mins. And during the week. There was never lines. So why appointments. Plus each appointment costs what a whole day used to cost.!

Too bad.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

delta6 wrote: December 4th, 2021, 8:11 am
"That Guy" is a douche canoe, don't be "That Guy"
Contrarian troll who does nothing on here.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

YNOTAZ wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 10:27 pm
Gosh, golly gee, darn, shucks, if that "world class range" wasn't run by the same A-Holes that "consulted" on the "ranges" built near lake pleasant it would really be great.

There are a few on here who shoot sub-guns, machineguns, and 50s that the mere handling of violates the rules of "the world class range", Let's not be Fudds.
He can't help it. he is a libtard with an AR.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Oh my.

That wont end well.
Azrckcrawler

Post by Azrckcrawler »

Went out wheeling today and noticed they signed the perimeter as well as put signs by any shooting spots inside the "recreation" zone. Had to go in about 5 miles to get to the "Leaving recreation Zone" signs.