Self-defense or murder? (video) Ruger PC carbine used in Texas on front porch

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Cubiclerevolt
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Self-defense or murder? (video) Ruger PC carbine used in Texas on front porch

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

I'm seeing a lot of Arizona self defense law creep into what Texas does. This would have be based on what the laws regarding lethal force apply to their laws.

Would I have shot? No.

I can reason with people and attempt to de-escalate and if someone wants to go hands on like bio dad did, I can deal with that as well. If I was the current bf with the ex wife I would have tried to reason with the dad and convinced mom to trade at a neutral place, hell even a police station if it's that contentious. More witnesses the better and people are on their better-ish behavior when in public with witnesses around.

I don't know about you but if someone comes out of their house with a carbine in their hands and tells me to leave their property, I am not going to aggravate and escalate the situation further.

Document and leave.

The hubris of people these days the immense pressure people are under thinking people won't snap is really ignorant.

Being in prison or dead as the later applies does not help your children and their future.

Cubiclerevolt

Re: Self-defense or murder? (video) Ruger PC carbine used in Texas on front porch

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Also note if I was the current BF of this woman, I would be hastily finding an exit.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I think we can agree that daring people to shoot you is not an ideal tactic. Ask Jacob Rosenbaum.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

smithers599 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 4:33 pm I think we can agree that daring people to shoot you is not an ideal tactic. Ask Jacob Rosenbaum.
:clap: This.
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

The headline says not charged but unless I missed something I didn't see it in the story.

https://100percentfedup.com/get-off-my- ... rch-video/
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Surprised there is no criminal charge yet, but the widow is not waiting around.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ch ... ar-AARjfKP
Chad Read’s widow seeks $50M in wrongful death lawsuit against Kyle Carruth
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

Here's what we know for sure:

- The Ruger PCC is effective at close ranges
- Even though a white guy shot another white guy, the Left will say the shooter was racist
- You don't f*** with guys named Kyle
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Another point, ignoring the fact black shirt guy probably removed his ability to claim self defense by escalating the situation by introducing a gun into a situation where no force whatsoever was justified and fired the weapon at the other guys feet, if you think grabbing the gun is justification that justification ends as soon as the struggle for the gun breaks and they separate. At that point the dead guy obviously was not pressing his attack or disarming attempt and enough distance created for that justification to be over.

Retard rodeo, all parties lose.
Mauser98

Post by Mauser98 »

I think it was murder based on the fact that at the moment he fired the kill shot, I don't really think he was in any particular danger.
Crippledtrigger

Also you have no right to claim self defense when committing a crime.

Another theory why shooter will eventually face justice for the murder, besides the fact he did the escalating and the threat to take the gun was over

It's becoming apparent they were playing whack a mole with the kids. Custodial interference. A felony. Telling him they were one place then another and then that they were another cause he was late picking them up. Which because they sent him on a wild goose chase. Mom admits to this effectively saying she wanted more time with the kids. They why wasnt she with them?

The kids forced mom to dump the shooter boyfriend who many are starting to think she may have manipulated into this mess. Not giving him a pass at all but the mom started this retard rodeo with her custody games and nothing will happen to her.

Well she may lose the kids to dead mans fiance but that's gonna be a heavy lift. The oldest kid is already threatening to run away from mom over this.

Stay tuned for the rest of the story.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/c ... ification/
Could very well have been a lawful use of force?
Crippledtrigger

xerts1191 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 10:47 pm
Could very well have been a lawful use of force?
Asking or saying?

That's not what the conclusion of the article is. The article concludes its looks like manslaughter over murder based on the dead guys actions as mitigation.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Asking, I’m leaning toward manslaughter
C172 Heavy

Post by C172 Heavy »

I view what some are calling the negligent discharge as a deliberate warning shot, actually an overt act of intimidation. Look at his face as he pulls the trigger and the manner in which he does. To me it shows he meant to fire a round. Sucks that the PCC was suppressed so that the warning shot lacked the auditory requirement of a historical warning shot. The suppressed shot made people think it was a BB gun, at least I saw the new wife thought as much. Hence her reaction to the shooting, it took time to sink in that he had been shot by a centerfire cartridge.

In my view he goes for a ride on a murder charge.
1. He brought a rifle into a loud disturbance where no threat of violence had been made.
2. When confronted he fires a warning shot, not legally justifiable, and hence has now committed assault with a deadly weapon.
3. After having been assaulted the Dad tries to stop a further assault.
4. The scuffle breaks up, boyfriend is creating distance, and he fires.
In each of these acts the boyfriend escalated the the interaction.

Just my $0.02
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

C172 Heavy wrote: December 8th, 2021, 7:29 pm I view what some are calling the negligent discharge as a deliberate warning shot, actually an overt act of intimidation. Look at his face as he pulls the trigger and the manner in which he does. To me it shows he meant to fire a round. Sucks that the PCC was suppressed so that the warning shot lacked the auditory requirement of a historical warning shot. The suppressed shot made people think it was a BB gun, at least I saw the new wife thought as much. Hence her reaction to the shooting, it took time to sink in that he had been shot by a centerfire cartridge.

In my view he goes for a ride on a murder charge.
1. He brought a rifle into a loud disturbance where no threat of violence had been made.
2. When confronted he fires a warning shot, not legally justifiable, and hence has now committed assault with a deadly weapon.
3. After having been assaulted the Dad tries to stop a further assault.
4. The scuffle breaks up, boyfriend is creating distance, and he fires.
In each of these acts the boyfriend escalated the the interaction.

Just my $0.02
You're thinking AZ misconduct with weapons. You have to think of what the law is in TX.