Self-defense or murder? (video) Ruger PC carbine used in Texas on front porch

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Self-defense or murder? (video) Ruger PC carbine used in Texas on front porch

Post by Boriqua »

tripletap wrote: November 27th, 2021, 6:01 pm im going to be watching this to see how it plays out in court-
obviously no riots over a dead white guy but..
Confused .. its two white guys and two white females.. why would there be riots?

Seems every thread has to turn into covid or "poor me Im a white guy and their picking on me."

Its a shooting .. its relevant to us shooters because its good to discuss what might make a good shoot or a bad one so we can kind of learn from other peoples folly.

Maybe we can just discuss that without politics. Guess I just get enough damn politics and political talk.

To each their own I guess

kenpoprofessor

Re: Self-defense or murder? (video) Ruger PC carbine used in Texas on front porch

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Boriqua wrote: November 27th, 2021, 6:19 pm
tripletap wrote: November 27th, 2021, 6:01 pm im going to be watching this to see how it plays out in court-
obviously no riots over a dead white guy but..
Confused .. its two white guys and two white females.. why would there be riots?

Seems every thread has to turn into covid or "poor me Im a white guy and their picking on me."

Its a shooting .. its relevant to us shooters because its good to discuss what might make a good shoot or a bad one so we can kind of learn from other peoples folly.

Maybe we can just discuss that without politics. Guess I just get enough damn politics and political talk.

To each their own I guess
This is a discussion board, if the discussion doesn't go your way, are you going to be the arbitrator of what we can discuss now?? Find something else to do if you don't like it, don't be a Karen.

Clyde
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

yea .. Im out
oldslurrydog1

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

Looks like murder.

The dude locks up and was pushed away.
He didn't advance after that and was imidiatly shot. JMO
AR-15Man

Post by AR-15Man »

Murder. It was a heated but nonviolent argument between former spouses over custody. There was even a few feet of separation between them as they argued. That's a recipe for a call to the cops and an appointment for court. Then napoleon walked out of the house with a rifle and escalated the situation.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Totally unjustified. Shooter needs to spend plenty of time behind bars.
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

From the animated movie Heavy Metal
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AR-15Man wrote: November 27th, 2021, 10:07 pm Murder. It was a heated but nonviolent argument between former spouses over custody. There was even a few feet of separation between them as they argued. That's a recipe for a call to the cops and an appointment for court. Then napoleon walked out of the house with a rifle and escalated the situation.

I watched the video quite a few times, and this was murder, plain and simple. There was just too much time to disengage and keep distance. I know the guy was "trespassing", and, he decided he wanted to be the "big man" and face off with guy holding a rifle, and that was an obvious mistake. Once he grabbed for the gun, if the gun had "gone off" in the struggle, it would be self defense, but the disengagement and distance made it murder. If the "big" guy had rushed the one with the gun like Rosenbaum did to Kyle, then it would also be self defense.

That's just my opinion.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

muchado about nada here, opinions are like the arseholes who give them, useless.
jmo hahahah
Rj
samnev

Post by samnev »

This is a close one. But I see it as case of "Quienes Mas Macho" if my Spanish is correct. But I'm leaning toward murder as the guy was out of danger when he went into his house only to reengage with the Ruger.
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Everything I've seen said no charges.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

SupportTheSecond wrote: November 28th, 2021, 8:48 am Everything I've seen said no charges.
The gun guy had every opportunity to disengage, he escalated, at the very least, 3rd degree murder. Now, the 'big" guy was as stupid as they come, and he paid the price for it, so I'm not really sympathizing for his acts. My jury vote would be guilty of some form of manslaughter or murder.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

This explains a lot about the players

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lubboc ... 8765295002
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Murder Two.
xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

Not good