Self-defense or murder? (video) Ruger PC carbine used in Texas on front porch

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
AZDESERTRAT
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Self-defense or murder? (video) Ruger PC carbine used in Texas on front porch

Post by AZDESERTRAT »

Disservice to the victims family for sure and bad precedent.

smithers599

Re: Self-defense or murder? (video) Ruger PC carbine used in Texas on front porch

Post by smithers599 »

But Kyle Rittenhouse? That was White Supremacist Domestic Terrorism MURDER!
FireArmTom

Post by FireArmTom »

Wow. Never checked on the guy. Even the lady in the car did not offer care.
VITAXIN

Post by VITAXIN »

Well, "Mr. Teal" won't be trespassing and threatening
anybody again.....
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Well - regardless of the law - there was a whole lot of stupid in that situation - and a bunch of people are going to go through a bunch of $#!& because of the stupidity.

1) Teal shirt guy was stupid - he let what the longer versions of this video seem to show as righteous anger (his ex was hiding his kid from him during "his time") get him into an ego battle. Stupid. He then shoved a guy with a gun. Also stupid. He is now DEAD. Can't see his kids anymore (and more horribly - they can never see him again).

2) New boyfriend was stupid - there was no imminent threat to life or limb and he brought out a gun anyway - he then fueled the ego battle - and then made a decision to shoot teal shirt guy when he got pushed. At a minimum it is going to cost him a LOT of money to stay out of prison - and that is the best case scenario. I have a really hard time seeing that scenario in a way that justifies the boyfriend's actions. He precipitated the shooting by getting the gun when the other dude was not presenting any real threat - he was the aggressor. He escalated the situation in a way that seems (to me anyway) to be unnecessary. I'm no lawyer - and I don't know much about the nuances of TX castle doctrine / law - but I would think that he stands a good chance of getting locked up over this. Regardless - the longer video shows that at a minimum, he turned what was a guy standing on his porch asking for his kids into a dead person and years of legal trouble.

3) Baby-momma was stupid - she appears to have been playing games with her ex, and now is likely complicit in his death. She has ensured that her kid(s) grow up without a dad who by all appearances cared about his kids and wanted to be dad. She is going to get drug along with her boyfriend through the financial and possibly freedom ending activities of the court.

The kids are the real victims here. Daddy's gone forever and who knows if mommy might go too for her part in this mess. I can't see many scenarios where anyone involved looks back on this mess and says "it was worth it..."

Just my 2 cents.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

And now I see that no charges were filed. I'm making my shocked face...

Well - the dead guy's family is chasing the dollars - while the shooter may not go to jail - his life is still not going to get better as a result of his actions.