Maybe if Alec Baldwin had learned more about guns, he wouldn't have killed someone today

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Maybe if Alec Baldwin had learned more about guns, he wouldn't have killed someone today

Post by XJThrottle »

Maybe it's just me...but Shephen is the douchiest looking one with that smirk and eyebrow bullshit he always has on his face. Constant duck lips.

THE ICEMAN
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Maybe if Alec Baldwin had learned more about guns, he wouldn't have killed someone today

Post by THE ICEMAN »

I hate to say it but it looks like negligent homicide IMO... This situation is still evolving but I believe someone is going down for this... The 4 Rules of Gun Safety are fundamental...

The 4 universal rules of gun safety are:

We all; know these rules...
  • Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
    • Never let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to destroy.
      • Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
        • Be sure of your target and what is behind it.
aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

in 2015, in Tombstone, one of the OK Corral shootout re-enactors arrived late, was in a hurry and a.) didn't unload the live rounds & load blanks from the personal weapon, and b.) the operators of the event didn't have the weapon inspected. He shot a fellow re-enactor in the groin area(recovered) and a woman was hit with shrapnel and refused treatment. The guy got off 5 live rounds before it all stopped. So, yea.

https://www.kold.com/story/30290418/gun ... ok-corral/
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

This is what my film peeps are posting. It sounds like the production was a real cluster. Lots of safety concerns and much of the crew walked off the set earlier in the day because of the safety and work conditions. The 1st AD usually interfaces with the armorer to confirm visually that the gun is indeed "cold" before it's handed off to any actors, and the below quote says that the AD didn't know the prop gun was loaded. Lots of blame to go around, but Alec was not only the shooter, he was also a producer on this doomed production. A lot of the responsibility would fall to him and the AD even if he hadn't pulled the trigger.
“Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was huddled around a monitor lining up her next camera shot when she was accidentally killed by the prop gun fired by Baldwin.
The actor was preparing to film a scene in which he pulls a gun out of a holster, according to a source close to the production. Crew members had already shouted “cold gun” on the set.
The filmmaking team was lining up its camera angles and had yet to retreat to the video village, an on-set area where the crew gathers to watch filming from a distance via a monitor.
Instead, the B-camera operator was on a dolly with a monitor, checking out the potential shots. Hutchins was also looking at the monitor from over the operator’s shoulder, as was the movie’s director, Joel Souza, who was crouching just behind her.
Baldwin removed the gun from its holster once without incident, but the second time he repeated the action, ammunition flew toward the trio around the monitor. The projectile whizzed by the camera operator but penetrated Hutchins near her shoulder, then continued through to Souza. Hutchins immediately fell to the ground as crew members applied pressure to her wound in an attempt to stop the bleeding.
Late Friday, the Associated Press reported that Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by an assistant director who indicated it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fired it, according to court records. The assistant director did not know the prop gun was loaded with live rounds, according to a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe County court.
The person in charge of overseeing the gun props, known as the armorer, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, could not be reached for comment. The 24-year-old is the daughter of veteran armorer Thell Reed and had recently completed her first film as the head armorer for the movie “The Old Way,” with Clint Howard and Nicolas Cage.”
245922319_1001727674008842_6536526986843110736_n.jpeg
245750934_1001729334008676_6985632709889499983_n.jpeg
THE ICEMAN

Post by THE ICEMAN »

The question begs...

Why was Baldwin pointing a gun at a person in the first place???

Once again, the 4 rules of gun safety apply...
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

THE ICEMAN wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 10:02 pm The question begs...

Have you seen a movie with guns in it before? Guns are pointed at other people constantly...there is nothing taboo about it at all. Training, rehearsals, filming, etc....all guns pointed at people, all the time. The set's weapons master is responsible, along with other safety checks, to ensure that the firearms are unloaded, or only loaded with blanks. We all know blanks can kill...it's happened several times before. I don't blame Baldwin for pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger, if that is what happened....he assumed (wrongly, of course) that the gun was "safe"...for a movie set. I highly doubt that when ANY actor is handed a prop firearm on ANY film set, that their first thought is "I should make sure this is only loaded with blanks before proceeding...", just like no actor is ensuring the lighting rigs are set properly, or that the prop cars have gas in them. The actor is the least responsible person on that set.

Sadly, the 4 rules of gun safety simply don't apply on a movie set in the same way they do in real life.

My bet is that a multitude of people f*** up in such a way that ultimately culminated in one horrible accident. I doubt only one person is responsible entirely for this colossal f*** up.

Fact is, no one knows for sure what happened. Everything on the internet rumor mill is conjecture at this point.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Why was he pointing the gun at a non fellow actor? But the director.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

I absolutely agree with the 4 rules.

They actually don't point guns at people a lot in movies. They point the guns in the general direction slightly off-angle. That's how it's normally done.
THE ICEMAN

Post by THE ICEMAN »

QuietM4 wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 10:15 pm

Have you seen a movie with guns in it before? Guns are pointed at other people constantly...there is nothing taboo about it at all. Training, rehearsals, filming, etc....all guns pointed at people, all the time. The set's weapons master is responsible, along with other safety checks, to ensure that the firearms are unloaded, or only loaded with blanks. We all know blanks can kill...it's happened several times before. I don't blame Baldwin for pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger, if that is what happened....he assumed (wrongly, of course) that the gun was "safe"...for a movie set. I highly doubt that when ANY actor is handed a prop firearm on ANY film set, that their first thought is "I should make sure this is only loaded with blanks before proceeding...", just like no actor is ensuring the lighting rigs are set properly, or that the prop cars have gas in them. The actor is the least responsible person on that set.

Sadly, the 4 rules of gun safety simply don't apply on a movie set in the same way they do in real life.

My bet is that a multitude of people f*** up in such a way that ultimately culminated in one horrible accident. I doubt only one person is responsible entirely for this colossal f*** up.

Fact is, no one knows for sure what happened. Everything on the internet rumor mill is conjecture at this point.
My point is...
In a movie scenario would be one thing... But... Why in this wide wide world would Baldwin be pointing a firearm at anyone if it were not in the script??? Sadly, the UNIVERSAL rules were not followed...
Rock Hardson

Re: Maybe if Eric Baldwin had learned more about guns, he wouldn't have killed someone today

Post by Rock Hardson »

delta6 wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 8:47 pm
Jack Dupp wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 8:19 pm
Rock Hardson wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 7:00 pm
Okay, you're right. All of the Baldwin bros are massive douches, not some........
Stephen isn't.
Yep..Rock is a bit Hardson... :dance:
Since you seem to have been offended (and possibly still are)because I said "most" instead of "some" , well, here you go....

Maybe this will make you feel better about it

delta6

Re: Maybe if Eric Baldwin had learned more about guns, he wouldn't have killed someone today

Post by delta6 »

Rock Hardson wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 10:40 pm
delta6 wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 8:47 pm
Jack Dupp wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 8:19 pm

Stephen isn't.
Yep..Rock is a bit Hardson... :dance:
Since you seem to have been offended (and possibly still are)because I said "most" instead of "some" , well, here you go....

Maybe this will make you feel better about it

https://www.syracuse.com/celebrity-news ... amily.html
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

A nearly 3 year old article. Great sleuthing.
Godly70
Banned
Banned

Post by Godly70 »

I think actors and actress needs more education about gun .
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

There were a lot less mishaps and accidents back when the grade schools taught basic gun safety and familiarization.

Perhaps every SAG card holder should be required to take and pass an NRA basic course?

(Oh wouldn't that just jam up those hoplophobic douchebags?! Having to be certified by the eeeeeeeeevil NRA just work in Hollywood?! He he he he he he.)
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

bummer but who give a flying fudge, hollywierds are what they are, and are entertainment uses only jmo though, and frankly don't give a shiate what anyone else thinks

and you really think anything will come of this, oh well move on, he made a mistake, there will be as is everything during these times, NO consequences for bad behavior.

rj