Maybe if Alec Baldwin had learned more about guns, he wouldn't have killed someone today

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Dauph
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Maybe if Alec Baldwin had learned more about guns, he wouldn't have killed someone today

Post by Dauph »

Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Re: Maybe if Alec Baldwin had learned more about guns, he wouldn't have killed someone today

Post by Drmark »

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Well,...looks like there's an Arizona connection to it all,.....

https://www.insider.com/second-gun-expe ... 021-11?amp
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Oh schit,...Gloria Allred is getting in on the action. Look out Alec!!!!

Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I have to say .. I know it will go against most here but ... I am having trouble with this one. I know there is a lot of Baldwin Hate and I CAN NOT STAND THAT MOTHERF***er

But ... In our lives every single day we rely on professionals in some capacity.

I recently brought my car in for a full on brake job, Brakes, Rotors and flush. While I can stumble along fixing mechanical stuff I am LIGHT YEARS from professional mechanics. I don't get under the car or pull off the wheels to see if they did it right. They are the pros .. they tell me all done and hand me the keys and off I go.

Many of you do the same thing .. and it goes on. Roofers, plumbers, Airline pilots, manufacturers even that Uber driver. You put your lives or money on the table and pray/assume they are the pros. I know a bunch here are handy but .. The other half of the world would pay the plumber, the pro, and move on.

In my work life in Displays I have done some whacky stuff. Hang stuff off the sides of buildings. Put up a 500lb Faux scoreboard at Devils stadium and so on .. No one checks my work .. I tell them its safe to open to the public and in come thousands of people. I was supposed to be the Pro. Kept me up at night sometimes!! :mrgreen:

Look .. I hope they nail him. I hate his face, opinions and his need to voice them every 5 minutes like an assh*le who has some vast wisdom because he has a job playing pretend. s*** my daughter did pretend at 3 .. its not that big a deal.

I hope they nail him to the cross as one of the producers who when looking for cost savings to make a shi**y indie film picked the prop and armorer to cut corners instead of .. I don't know .. maybe his payout. He is at fault for NOT hiring the Professional/s he needed and could depend on.

But in the end .. I just cant blame the dude for not knowing gun safety rules, whether the gun was loaded or not or even how the hell to check it.

Like the mechanic and my car .. guys says its good .. I have to defer. I hand the keys over to my wife ... my most prized possession ... and have to trust him.

Its why you hire pros .. evidently he did not.

Still enjoy seeing him squirm though .. him and his Looney wife.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

UPDATE:

Fully aware that he's gonna get thrown in prison, Alec takes the only only approach left to him.

"I didn't pull the trigger>"

OH-MAN

Post by OH-MAN »

And now we know why he is an actor.
Not much different than just a new role.
Want to bet the gun only fires when the trigger is pulled
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rust-armor ... -supplier/

Ammunition supplier "created a perfect storm" for deadly "Rust" shooting, lawsuit says

By Jordan Freiman

January 13, 2022 / 1:03 AM / CBS News

The armorer for the film "Rust" has sued the man who supplied the ammunition and guns for the movie, accusing him and his company of providing a combination of dummy and live rounds. Alec Baldwin fatally shot the film's cinematographer as it was being made.

Lawyers representing Hannah Gutierrez Reed filed the lawsuit Wednesday in New Mexico, where the shooting occurred.

The lawsuit claims that Seth Kenney and his company, PDQ Arm & Prop, "distributed boxes of ammunition purporting to contain dummy rounds, but which contained a mix of dummy and live ammunition to the 'Rust' production."

"Hannah and the entire Rust movie crew relied on the Defendants' misrepresentation that they provided only dummy ammunition," the suit asserts. "In so doing, Defendants created a dangerous condition on the movie set, unbeknownst to Hannah Gutierrez Reed, which caused a foreseeable risk of injury to numerous people."

On October 21, 2021, cinemtographer Halyna Hutchens was shot and killed and director Joel Souza was wounded when a gun being used by Alec Baldwin, who was co-producing and starring in the film, discharged. Baldwin has claimed he didn't pull the trigger but that the gun fired when he pulled the hammer back and released it.

The suit alleges Kenney had worked on another film shortly before "Rust" began production, during which he and Gutierrez Reed's father, Thell Reed — himself a veteran armorer — took actors to a gun range to practice with live rounds. Kenney then took the remaining live rounds, which included "reloaded 'live' rounds" with the logo of a company called Starline Brass, from that training session back with him, according to the suit.

"Starline Brass is a company that produces ammo brass casings, that can be made into dummy, blank or live ammunition by anyone with the knowledge and equipment to do so," the suit reads. "The company does not itself make live rounds. Anyone with access to the dummy rounds could convert them into live rounds with the proper reloading equipment."

According to Variety, in an attempt to explain how live rounds could get mixed in with dummy rounds, Kenney had previously told investigators that several years earlier, he had been given "reloaded ammunition" that had the same Starline Brass logo.

"[Kenney] described how the company only sells components of ammunition, and not live ammunition, and therefore it had to be a reloaded round," investigators wrote in a search warrant affidavit, according to Variety.

In an interview with "Good Morning America," Kenney emphatically denied the live ammunition came from him.

In addition to accusing Kenney and PDQ Arm & Prop of supplying improperly labeled live rounds, Gutierrez Reed claims in her suit that she wasn't told Baldwin was rehearsing with the gun prior to the fatal shooting, and that the tragedy could have been avoided if she had been informed and been present for the rehearsal.

According to the suit, Gutierrez Reed wasn't present because she was also handling the job of key props assistant. The lawsuit claims that the church where the rehearsal was taking place was overcrowded, despite the set's COVID-19 protocols.

"Hannah told [assistant director Dave] Halls to let her know if Baldwin came back so that she could come back inside the Church and re-inspect the weapon and provide it to Baldwin herself as she had done every time before on set," the suit says. But, the suit contends, that didn't happen.

"Had Hannah been called back in, she would have re-inspected the weapon, and every round again, and instructed Baldwin on safe gun practice with the cross draw, as was her standard practice."

An attorney representing Gutierrez Reed has previously claimed "this was sabotage and Hannah is being framed."

The shooting is still under investigation.
mallic

Post by mallic »

Ooo conspiracies to cover incompetency.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

"It was the armorer!

No, I mean it was the gun!

No, no, I mean it was the supplier!"

Most of the CBS readers are freaking out because they just learned that people can make their own ammo...
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

Cbvanb
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Cbvanb »

Boriqua wrote: November 18th, 2021, 1:49 pm I have to say .. I know it will go against most here but ... I am having trouble with this one. I know there is a lot of Baldwin Hate and I CAN NOT STAND THAT MOTHERF***er

But ... In our lives every single day we rely on professionals in some capacity.

I recently brought my car in for a full on brake job, Brakes, Rotors and flush. While I can stumble along fixing mechanical stuff I am LIGHT YEARS from professional mechanics. I don't get under the car or pull off the wheels to see if they did it right. They are the pros .. they tell me all done and hand me the keys and off I go.

Many of you do the same thing .. and it goes on. Roofers, plumbers, Airline pilots, manufacturers even that Uber driver. You put your lives or money on the table and pray/assume they are the pros. I know a bunch here are handy but .. The other half of the world would pay the plumber, the pro, and move on.

In my work life in Displays I have done some whacky stuff. Hang stuff off the sides of buildings. Put up a 500lb Faux scoreboard at Devils stadium and so on .. No one checks my work .. I tell them its safe to open to the public and in come thousands of people. I was supposed to be the Pro. Kept me up at night sometimes!! :mrgreen:

Look .. I hope they nail him. I hate his face, opinions and his need to voice them every 5 minutes like an assh*le who has some vast wisdom because he has a job playing pretend. s*** my daughter did pretend at 3 .. its not that big a deal.

I hope they nail him to the cross as one of the producers who when looking for cost savings to make a shi**y indie film picked the prop and armorer to cut corners instead of .. I don't know .. maybe his payout. He is at fault for NOT hiring the Professional/s he needed and could depend on.

But in the end .. I just cant blame the dude for not knowing gun safety rules, whether the gun was loaded or not or even how the hell to check it.

Like the mechanic and my car .. guys says its good .. I have to defer. I hand the keys over to my wife ... my most prized possession ... and have to trust him.

Its why you hire pros .. evidently he did not.

Still enjoy seeing him squirm though .. him and his Looney wife.
I understand your point, and maybe if Alec Baldwin had ever exhibited that kind of compassion and understanding in his life people would be inclined to extend to him the benefit of the doubt. But he has consistently been a bully, a loudmouth and a vicious critic of everyone with whom he disagrees. He has wished the vilest punishments and consequences for anyone on the conservative spectrum who made a mistake, and that is the reason Baldwin will know no mercy.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Latest update on the Baldwin case.
https://deadline.com/2022/08/alec-baldw ... 235090368/
To make a long story short, the investigation is going forward still, apparently dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's so as to ensure any case is solid if Baldwin is charged. Perhaps charges might happen before the 1 year anniversary in 2 months.

But,...Baldwin is due to leave the country soon for Budapest to start filming his next movie. So maybe someone should get their butt in gear before he decides to slip over the border into Serbia or someplace he can't be extradited.
https://deadline.com/2022/08/alec-baldw ... 235089240/
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

We may have to rely on a plane crash
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Alec Baldwin files lawsuit for ‘Rust’ shooting, accuses crew of negligence

https://pagesix.com/2022/11/11/alec-bal ... -shooting/