Local bolt-action shops?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
stuntheavy
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Local bolt-action shops?

Post by stuntheavy »

I’m looking to purchase my first bolt action and looking for a local shop that sells Tikka products.

Any recommendations? Ideally one that also sells reloading supplies. I’m in the deer valley area, but will travel to build a relationship with a good store.

I realize I could buy from sportsman’s, which would work (it’s only a couple miles from my place), but I’d rather work with a local shop!

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Local bolt-action shops?

Post by AZ_Five56 »

I would try Bear Arms in Scottsdale.
That Guy
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by That Guy »

stuntheavy wrote: October 14th, 2021, 10:37 am I’m looking to purchase my first bolt action and looking for a local shop that sells Tikka products.

Any recommendations? Ideally one that also sells reloading supplies. I’m in the deer valley area, but will travel to build a relationship with a good store.

I realize I could buy from sportsman’s, which would work (it’s only a couple miles from my place), but I’d rather work with a local shop!
Huh!? You want to “work with a local shop” to buy a non-Merican foreign made gun!?
stuntheavy

Post by stuntheavy »

Thanks, I’ll try Bear Arms!

And yeah, I’d like to find a shop to work with/buy from regularly, rather than buying from a box store. I drove around the valley the other day, and hit probably ten different shops but no one could scrounge up the Tikka I was looking for, so I had to buy from GGS and have it shipped.

I guess the next hunt is large Rifle primers. This feels a whole lot like 2008/2009 looking for 5.56 components!
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

If you're in Deer Valley, go to Brunoshooters.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

That Guy wrote: October 15th, 2021, 2:01 pm
stuntheavy wrote: October 14th, 2021, 10:37 am I’m looking to purchase my first bolt action and looking for a local shop that sells Tikka products.

Huh!? You want to “work with a local shop” to buy a non-Merican foreign made gun!?
I would... Tikka's are on the "A" list... :clap:
stuntheavy

Post by stuntheavy »

Jack Dupp wrote: October 19th, 2021, 4:06 pm If you're in Deer Valley, go to Brunoshooters.
Thanks! I just discovered that place. It’s less than a mile from my place, so I’m sure that’ll be dangerous to my wallet. Been there twice this week!
Doc

Post by Doc »

That Guy wrote: October 15th, 2021, 2:01 pm Huh!? You want to “work with a local shop” to buy a non-Merican foreign made gun!?
🤣😂🤣 you read that too. Hahahha.

Wait till he realizes Lester is raping everyone and big box stores have more buying power than smaller shops and still employ local people.

Literally the worst idea I’ve ever heard. Especially when there’s 2,437,354,685 home based FFL’s in the area wiling to sell you a rifle for $20 over just so they can justify their SOT and BuSiNeSs.

But I don’t shoot Tikka so what do I know.