The NRA is done.

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: The NRA is done.

Post by Suck My Glock »

gunpoorboy1 wrote: October 13th, 2021, 6:03 pm I hope you guys don't give up on your Country as fast as you did the NRA just because the current
leaders are bad. Hopefully the ship won't sink once the rats get off.
I'm sure the same thing was said about Britain 250 years ago.

Flash

Post by Flash »

kenpoprofessor wrote: October 13th, 2021, 3:06 pm
Flash wrote: October 13th, 2021, 2:56 pm None of the other organizations are in a position to take up this slack on the National Level at this time. They don't have the resources or the people or the Lobbying arm.
SAF has been winning in the courts, that's where we need to focus anyway. The NRA is weak and impotent, and in fact, probably doing more harm than good with that "lobbying". You remember what happened in '86 right???

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Actually, winning in the courts isn't where we need to focus. We need to focus on preventing laws from being passed in the first place, not getting them repealed or amended.

And yes, I remember what happened in '86. I strongly objected to the NFA and believe the NRA screwed up there, but I also remember the FOPA of '86, something the NRA lobbied for and got, and it was a good thing.

Let's remember that the AzCDL has gotten all of these good firearm laws on the books in Arizona almost exclusively through the use of lobbying. It's the most potent political weapon in the arsenal.

SAF has done almost nothing in terms of getting laws from being passed. They only seem to get interested when then can go to court and attempt to get them repealed. That's reactive, no proactive and we need proactive.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

at this point it doesn't matter what they've done, all that will be presently remembered is the stink on wlp, and the club.

It will take quite a while to get back the members who bailed, the support of the big co's who bailed, and the political kabosh, they may have had.
NO one mostly policals want to be involved with a big scandal such as this,
they'll file chapter 10, rape whats left and a name at the end may not mean shiate, they have effectively destroyed what reputation it had, i always hoped they would have kicked that shiate head out long ago, but he had some dirt on someone or all of them.

shame on him, he became the true anti gunner due to his tactics.

of course jmo, but its my money, it goes where i choose, and it will never and has not ever gone to the''club'' in decade or more
Rj