Cringe: Just saw a straw-deal

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Cringe: Just saw a straw-deal

Post by pneuby »

First off, not gonna name the vendor. However, there's no doubt many of you would know it.
That said, I went in to see if they had any commie 7.62 left(not). But, I always peruse the racks and cases looking for any gems.

I see this young-ish gal 'shopping' from case-to-case, by herself so far as I could tell. There was a few folks waiting ahead of her to be helped. Finally a clerk frees-up and advised he can help. I only half-heartedly paid attention, but she took him to a couple of cases..."I'd like that, that....and that"...
This went down pretty swiftly, also...no questions like a novice would have. :?

The next thing I know, she's with him at the register and says, "I'll take them all". :shock: To which I hear his response of something like, "If you buy ALL FIVE OF THESE GUNS, the ATF will be at your door to find out why..."... She asks, 'Well what about these FOUR?". He essentially repeats himself, and then said there's 'room' on the form for THREE...as long as they're for YOU, and not someone else". 'Ok, then these three' she said, pointing them out. I had to just roll my eyes and bite my tounge. :shhh:

I glanced down as I walked past, and there was a J-frame snub, an FDE M&P 2.0, and the third I couldn't get a good look at, but all handguns.

smithers599

Re: Cringe: Just saw a straw-deal

Post by smithers599 »

Paid cash? Small bills all crumpled up?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Yeah yeah yeah. But how much ammo did she buy.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Well maybe all hers hoes is honest and just goin independent an sh#t.
thom

Post by thom »

Least you could do is give an address or general location. I may want to buy some guns there myself.
Twobadazbrothers

Post by Twobadazbrothers »

Just go to Sportsmen’s in Avondale on any given day and it’s a common occurrence.ATF would rather waste their time shooting your dog 🐶 then stopping a real crime.
Worldwatcher

Post by Worldwatcher »

Just another day…
Worldwatcher

Post by Worldwatcher »

Just another day…
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

On multiple occasions I've purchased more than 3 guns in one go. My dogs are still alive.
Isnake

Post by Isnake »

I had a counter guy there trying ultra hard to get me to buy their warranty. After the third time I said no he started telling me that most people buy it and it was ridiculous for me to say no. I asked him what f*** part of no he didn’t understand. He copped a serious attitude and started telling me I didn't have to get ignorant with him, then asked me 4 times if the gun was for me. He was just being a d***head at that point. Wont be going back there again.
Twobadazbrothers wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 7:46 pm Just go to Sportsmen’s in Avondale on any given day and it’s a common occurrence.ATF would rather waste their time shooting your dog 🐶 then stopping a real crime.
Flash

Post by Flash »

XJThrottle wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 7:24 am On multiple occasions I've purchased more than 3 guns in one go. My dogs are still alive.
One day in the 80s, my Dad purchased 27 handguns in one day from multiple shops.

He found out Ruger quit making 3 screw guns and that Colt had evidently dropped the Peacemaker and New Frontier .22/.22WMR color case hardened single actions, so he bought every one of them in town.
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

Flash wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 8:27 am
XJThrottle wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 7:24 am On multiple occasions I've purchased more than 3 guns in one go. My dogs are still alive.
One day in the 80s, my Dad purchased 27 handguns in one day from multiple shops.

He found out Ruger quit making 3 screw guns and that Colt had evidently dropped the Peacemaker and New Frontier .22/.22WMR color case hardened single actions, so he bought every one of them in town.

This was all before my time but I'm pretty sure Ruger stopped making old models before the 1980s
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

MarkItZero wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 9:29 am

This was all before my time but I'm pretty sure Ruger stopped making old models before the 1980s
I am pretty sure they stopped making the 3 screw in 1973.
Flash

Post by Flash »

MarkItZero wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 9:29 am

They did, but they were still in stock. IIRC, he found around 8 or 9. The others were all the Colts.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

How many free t-shirts she get?