Dashcam video shows Detroit police officers flee from shooting happening in front of them

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Lobo2087
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Dashcam video shows Detroit police officers flee from shooting happening in front of them

Post by Lobo2087 »

Clyde, you know damn well what the job is and is supposed to be. People are supposed to be able to rely on us and it is unforgivable for an officer to go the other direction when a citizen needs us. Say all you want about scotus duty to defend etc.... we all take the job knowing one day it may be a bad day for our family, if you can't live with or deal with that you need to turn your s*** in and move on. I have gone into fights and situations scared as hell but I went. So has carlos, mark and some others on here. I will not overlook nor forgive someone violating their oath or failing to protect a citizen

kenpoprofessor

Re: Dashcam video shows Detroit police officers flee from shooting happening in front of them

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Lobo2087 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 12:56 pm Clyde, you know damn well what the job is and is supposed to be. People are supposed to be able to rely on us and it is unforgivable for an officer to go the other direction when a citizen needs us. Say all you want about scotus duty to defend etc.... we all take the job knowing one day it may be a bad day for our family, if you can't live with or deal with that you need to turn your s*** in and move on. I have gone into fights and situations scared as hell but I went. So has carlos, mark and some others on here. I will not overlook nor forgive someone violating their oath or failing to protect a citizen
Actually, I thought I knew, at one time. Anymore, I'm confused as phuk as to what cops are doing these days. DC capitol police opening near you, with all the goodness they bring.

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/06/15/cap ... n-secrecy/

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
azgunowner
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by azgunowner »

To protect and serve. I don't think running away from a shooting classifies as protecting the community. Nobody is perfect but they should of at least done something. Running away from the shooting is ridiculous. If the police won't stand up for the community, who will?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

azgunowner wrote: July 29th, 2021, 3:13 pm To protect and serve. I don't think running away from a shooting classifies as protecting the community. Nobody is perfect but they should of at least done something. Running away from the shooting is ridiculous. If the police won't stand up for the community, who will?
You realize that "protect and serve" was just a slogan used on the LA police cars. It has become a common myth.
https://www.phoenix.gov/police/resource ... -of-office

Oat​​​​​h of Office
I (state your name), do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution and laws of the State of Arizona, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, and defend them against enemies, foreign and domestic, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge, the duties of a peace officer, to the best of my ability, so help me God.

See, no "protect and serve" anywhere.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
oldslurrydog1

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^to kenpo's last 2 posts.
Just shows that he's all talk and has no duty to anybody or country, just himself.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

oldslurrydog1 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 6:20 pm ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^to kenpo's last 2 posts.
Just shows that he's all talk and has no duty to anybody or country, just himself.
I did 11 honorable friggin' years serving my country, during the cold war keeping nukes flying, you???

Clyde
oldslurrydog1

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

Kenpo starts about 1 min 40 sec

Oh!, and by your previous posts. You seemed to have sucked off of my tax dollars for 11 yrs because if the SHTF, you would have tucked and run.
Last edited by oldslurrydog1 on July 29th, 2021, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

Clyde is an upstanding member here and in life. I would trust him with my 3yr old granddaughter.

He has his right to his opinion and I fully support him voicing it as he knows when I do reply I am not attacking him personally.

Unfortunately the shitty apples have been the ones making the news as of late and that is mostly all someone sees.

I can tell you beyond doubt the agency I work with is dedicated to our city and citizens
oldslurrydog1

Post by oldslurrydog1 »

Lobo2087 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 6:39 pm Clyde is an upstanding member here and in life. I would trust him with my 3yr old granddaughter.

He has his right to his opinion and I fully support him voicing it as he knows when I do reply I am not attacking him personally.

Unfortunately the shitty apples have been the ones making the news as of late and that is mostly all someone sees.

I can tell you beyond doubt the agency I work with is dedicated to our city and citizens
My point is that he shows his character with his posts. He would have done what those officers did.

I have been at shoots with him, broke bread with him, and not just at the oc dinners, and his opinions are not to engage if he sees it as not worthy of egagement.

Kenpo has alot of people fooled on this site.
Limper

Post by Limper »

I disagree with you here dog about Kenpo's character. I don't know you or him. I have met Lobo briefly in person. And if he disagrees with him but supports his difference of opinion based on his personal knowledge of him, I do too. I think you should be cautious in judging a person's character solely by some posts on this board. I absolutely disagree with Kenpo on this subject but I agree with Lobo that he is entitled to his opinion. Retired MSgt (USAF), 21 years spent supporting people's right to a dissenting opinion.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

In some fashion, I would agree with the do not engage if it's not worthy of engagement, for non leo citizens. Someone who is non leo who carries has to be smart enough to weigh the value whether positive or negative and make the determination if it is worth it or not. Do you have your family with you, is it "violent" enough to call for engagement or is it better to be a good witness? So many things to consider.

A peace officer does not have that luxury. A peace officer must be willing to step in and engage at a moments notice. I was a marine and now peace officer most of you know that. I am facing my 18th spine surgery due to a violent felon striking me with his car. Some of you know that. I live with daily pain but every day I walk out that door fully expecting not to come home that evening. Dramatic? No, I have lived through some violent painful s*** and every time that tones goes off I will continue to respond to take care of my people and I fully expect anyone else in this profession to do the same... we go to the fight not away. Anything else is nauseating to me.

and if Clyde still has it, he should have a photo radar ticket picture :D that had him in the passenger seat when we were going TOWARDS emergency traffic and not away. He took me up on a ride along during a period he and locksmith bill were very anti peace officer, I like to think he left with a softened view.

While I don't agree with his statements most times I support his right to them and I would take him as my back up anytime.

I also support slurry's right to his opinion even if I don't agree
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

oldslurrydog1 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 6:28 pm

Oh!, and by your previous posts. You seemed to have sucked off of my tax dollars for 11 yrs because if the SHTF, you would have tucked and run.
Well, you got your money's worth didn't ya? Those Russian bombers were met by the birds I kept flying (F-106, McChord AFB 1980-1983), And the Russians kept in their lane with the F-111 deterrents I fixed, and being part of the first squadron of EF-111As (42nd ECS, Upper Heyford 1983-1986) kept you safe and sound from the threats at the time. Then on to the Wild Weasels (F-4G, George AFB 1986-1991), keeping Soldiers, Sailors, Airman, and Marines safe from SAMs in the desert:mrgreen:

But, I wouldn't piss in your mouth if your teeth were on fire :o

Clyde
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Hey Clyde, aren't you forgetting something?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I wonder if they were supposed to be there.

I wasn't there so I'm speculating but it looks like the police car was standing still when the shooting started. Could have been a stop sign I guess but before anyone jumps on me

I know from first hand accounts that (some) cops find cubbies to hang out at in order to avoid work.

The police department is not made up of some magic endowed special human beings. It a cross section of the people it serves and I would guess ALL of us have worked with slackers at one point or other and the police are no different.

I worked with a retired PO here on a traveling museum project.

He was high up on the food chain and he now runs the Phoenix police museum. Straight up honorable guy. He said as supervisor he drove around finding cops who were hanging out , not where they were supposed to be and basically not working.

When my buddies were NYPD they would tell me how they sometimes spent thier whole shift at the firehouse. It was warm, they had food.

Then throw in the possibility of corruption. It happens and it happens a lot in these types of neighborhoods. I have seen it with my own two eyes.

Maybe there is a reason they didn't move on the guys in the car for reasons other than cowardice.

One of the things my friend in NY said soon after becoming a cop was ... "It's the biggest gang in NY and my radio is my best weapon. "

The two cops that ran could have followed the car at a safe ish distance and started screaming into the radio. They didn't have to jump out and engage like bad as* movie heros. Cops would have appeared from every corner of the city like magic had they just used the radio.

I think something else was going on but I'm just playing Monday morning quarterback
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

They should just count their lucky stars Harry Callahan wasn't in the police car.
Harry Callahan would have broadsided that car , then got out with his trusty 44 and finish the job.
There would be no lucky punks left.